When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How many watches have passed through RWG ?

lanikai

OK.. so I'm sitting here enjoying my Sunday Stick (Don Alejandro) and then I get this "thought" ...

I am wondering how many watches .. reps or genuine have passed through our membership .. say in the last 3 to 5 years ..

I have no way of "guessing" :huh: .. since the count must be incredible !!

Now once I get a thought like this.. I need to at least "attempt" to research an answer... but I am no 'bean counter" so I am throwing the Question out to the membership.. ;)

A rough 'guesstimate' would suffice.. (just your personal collection.. past and present)

How many watches have passed through your wrist .. how many wrist checks with different timpieces do you think RWG has been through ??? (given your persoanl count .. maybe we can view a guess)

I really am curious to know .."Our Legend" !!

Thanks in Advance

Aloha~Cheers

lani

It would mean people are selling reps illegally, which would never happen here.

In all seriousness, I suspect well into the 10's of thousands over the years. I'm sure we have had at least a 1000 members that buy on a regular basis.

your saying that there are members who buy on a "regular" basis.. sheesh.. what insight.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This is going to be extremely inaccurate...but more food for thought that given we have 18,000+ members but not all have bought watches or were active in the last 3-5 years...but factor in that a peak login of 1480 in a day probably means that active viewership at any time is 1200+ members a day but much of those are repeats throughout a week...even if 50% of the members bought 1 watch in the last 3-5 years...you're talking 9,000 watches!!!

Consider that some like TA8088 have bought more than 1 ;) you've gotta be talking at least 15,000.

Soory Guy's... since I am asked so often how many reps I have .. I thought it would be "fun" to see how many reps we would come up with.. not

Hypothesis.. into guessing or calculating .. this was obviously not a good thought.. as comments are on the negative side.. re: dealers,.. legality.. as if everything is kept secret here.. :rolleyes:

move on.. :whistling:

Well I'm not a prolific buyer and in all my years on the boards I would say I have amassed only about 30 (maybe 29 B) ) of those I have sold a grand total of 1 and gave 3 away, so I'm guessing I have about 25 or 26 in the watch box.

Ken

Interesting thought Lani. I guess....over the last 4 years..I would have easily had over a 150 reps pass thru my hands.

Cheers

:o

:clap3:

Thanks for staying on topic Samu .. that is incredible,.. actually this begs another Question.. the "Growing pains" of collecting .. or "Evolution of the Rep collector"

I myself feel like things evolve pretty much in sync with most members here.. ie. choice vs. price ..... growing into more accuracy as time and knowledge grow.. franken's come into the fold as the collector grows.. price is not as much an issue after growing into desiring spot on accuracy... and the pleasure of the "Hunt".. as opposed to just "acquiring" a piece..

Well I'm not a prolific buyer and in all my years on the boards I would say I have amassed only about 30 (maybe 29 B) ) of those I have sold a grand total of 1 and gave 3 away, so I'm guessing I have about 25 or 26 in the watch box.

Ken

I have noticed that some of the purist.. will wait for the very best in reps., and are very pragmatic in their buying .. this may be a result of genuines first owners ... interesting, since I went ass backwards.. :p

Hey! I was on topic. Don't my 3 count? :D

:lol: .. sorry .. got side tracked... definately go slow.. especially now with so many great reps being released..

Congrats to you and the Mrs. ... it's great when you have mutual hobbies ..

Live Strong and Wear it Well,

Aloha

Lani

I would estimate that over the three years I have seen roughly 50-60 reps pass through my hands.

On that basis, even if it were only 200 members that had seen 50-60 watches pas through their hands, this would account for 10,000-12,000 which is quite plausible. Then for isnstance if we factor in members who have just joined, or those who don't buy as many and have seen maybe 5-6 replicas. If we use Toadtorrents figures and go with an active membership number of AT LEAST 1,200 on a day to day basis, that would be;

200 members x 50 = 10,000

1,000 members x 5 = 5,000

Sub total = 15,000

add Lani's watchcount;

Total = enough to pay for a small island in the sun :)

ive had about three since i joined. but this is very interesting.

i guess i could have had more, but i stuck to reps with slightly higher value than others owing o the mods done to them..

Hmmm, Lani that is a difficult count.

Unless each and every member post his personal count I think it will be hard to estimate.

I estimate my own count to 60... :o

that is what I mean .. your own personal count.. I believe my main thought would be the changing mind set of the collector or evolution of the collector .. through the number of watches he/she owns after a few years .. I'm evolving again in my thought process with the reps.. don't know where it is going.. I'm just along for the ride... B)

Well....... I joined about 3 months ago and now have 3 reps.

I would have to guess that if we have 12,000 active users and on average each user has bought 2 reps then its plausable that the forum has bought and sold over 20,000 watches.......@ $150 average price that is $3M in revenue! Wonder what the margins are for reps?

I would think thats also a conservative number since many on the forum are addddicccts....sorry I twitched as I was writing that. :bounce:

Anyways, this is a great hobby and I am just glad that I found RWG. Great forum, one of the best that I am a part of.

For me, I would say the total number of reps I have owned (including the ones I've sold on and still own) totals around 60. ;)