When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN Pam 292 on RED12

GrantR

Well I'm not a huge Panerai fan to be honest, but when i saw the PAM292 Black Seal I changed my mind. The main thing that put me off buying a rep of this model was the poor shiny PVD finish the majority of all dealers had, so when DSN released his version i jumped on it quick. Also to note DSN was pretty helpful when i was purchasing, always quick to respond and i can't complain about his product at all, best 292 rep yet.

Below is what is listed by DSN

-45mm RADIOMIR STEEL CASE WITH PVD PLATING(NON CERAMIC) - Well this is a fantastic finish very matte and looks by far the best so far.

-SAPPHIRE WITH AR - Does indeed have AR, but its very typical rep AR

-ASIAN 6497 WINDING MOVT - No problems as of yet and don't expect any.

-SCREWED DOWN PVD PLATED STEEL CROWN - The PVD is shiny, doesn't quite match rest of the case (only fault i can find)

-WHITE C1 LUMED DIAL AND HANDS SUPERLUMED - The lume is of an impressive strength but doesn't last long at all, compared with rep lume of a Bruguet Type XX its put to shame.

-PVD SOLID CLOSE CASE BACK - No faults here

-26X22MM BLACK OR BROWN LEATHER STRAP WITH PVD BUCKLE - Personally I didn't like either of these straps but the Buckles are great, PVD match's case.

-3ATM WR TESTED - Haven't tried this out, I'll just be taking his word on this...

-MOVT REGULATED - Watch is keeping very good time...

Due to me not liking the strap that came with this watch, i jumped on Zack (RED12) to make me a custom strap from his "Tan-orange Copperhead" leather in 26/22. Zack's service is great and I'd highly recommend him to anybody, even finished it quikcer than he quoted!

I think this compliments the PVD well, but I'll let you be your own judge. Now for the pics!

sdc10162ic0.jpg

sdc10164bg5.jpg

sdc10168fj7.jpgsdc10169ih6.jpg

sdc10170ev5.jpg

sdc10171fr0.jpg

sdc10174ow7.jpg

If anybody wants HR images of any part of the watch just give me a PM and I'd be happy to help...

Questions & comments welcome

I've been eying one of these off from DSN, as you say, its the most accurate. Looks fantastic on that strap and the case finishing is awesome.

What im curious about though is the dial. Obviously he re-lumes the dial, but how is the print coloring? It looks very white in your pictures but I am not sure, is the gen like this or more like my G series rep?

If it should be the darker/offwhite color, then it shouldn't be too hard to grab a case from DSN and pop in a standard dial and have it relumed. (obv not a G series dial with the incorrect 'Black Seal' text position for the 292)

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Edited by elisiX

I've been eying one of these off from DSN, as you say, its the most accurate. Looks fantastic on that strap and the case finishing is awesome.

What im curious about though is the dial. Obviously he re-lumes the dial, but how is the print coloring? It looks very white in your pictures but I am not sure, is the gen like this or more like my G series rep?

If it should be the darker/offwhite color, then it shouldn't be too hard to grab a case from DSN and pop in a standard dial and have it relumed. (obv not a G series dial with the incorrect 'Black Seal' text position for the 292)

It is pretty white but not extremely white as it is in the images. I'm pretty sure its close to the gen, see below image. If it is off its not close enough to tell without side by side comparison and as i doubt i'd ru

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Also to note the crown isn't very shiny in these pic's of a gen, unlike mine...

now thats a stunning rep. i've got the same watch (from Angus) on the same Red12 strap. perfect combination IMO. beautiful shots!

Awesome... reassures me that i made the right choice, thanks everyone for your nice comments.

As promised, below are a few quick wrist snaps outside...

sdc10176wk4.jpg

sdc10180nl6.jpg

• 2 months later...

Nice combo! Looks great.

I have the same strap from Zack. I use it on Ti Pam. About a month ago I have sent the strap back to Zack to add stitching to it as I already have a few other stitchless straps. Just got the strap back a few days ago and it looks incredible. I have chosen to go with light brown thread.

Looking at your stitchless version now and I cannot decide which one I like better - with or without stitches. Both look great.

• 4 weeks later...