When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thank you for your order!

offshore

I remember reading about a minister in the US

"a" minister? I thought there was an entire 'sub-cult' with regard. :o

And a few 'Holocaust' deniers apparantly? Ahhhh religion bringing the world together on a common ground.....................

President Ahmedinejhad of Iran and this pious fellow;

"a" minister? I thought there was an entire 'sub-cult' with regard. :o

Well, the only one I've read about passing in such circumstances ;) If there's one thing I have come to understand about God, He has a sense of humor, as illustrated by:

platypus.jpg

and it can be a bit warped at times (keeps things interesting) :lol:

And a few 'Holocaust' deniers apparantly? Ahhhh religion bringing the world together on a common ground.....................

President Ahmedinejhad of Iran and this pious fellow;

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

Nah - they're no problem. I just started invoicing them for wasting my time. Told 'em I was going to do it - explained to them that I worked at home (as I did at the time) and they were welcome to my time, but had to pay my standard client rate. Haven't seen 'em since... :p

I actually think I'll start doing this to everyone. Those annoying ass people that stop you on the streets for one reason or another. I'll simply carry around a book of invoice slips and charge them for their time based on an hourly rate. Just hand them the slip and explain that they have wasted my time, here is my normal hourly rate, here is how long they wasted and here is their total. haha

On topic however, we had a similar occurance though this time with a hippy. My fiance ordered this romper thing and the email she got from the lady said 'RAD you got the romper! I'll be shipping it out!' it came in recycled packaging in a paper wrap with peace signs printed on it. lol Not quite as bad as it gave us something to laugh at anyway :-P But I don't mind when people do this I hate when people try to convert you but simple things like this, though I'm atheist, actually kind of touch a little. It's kind of like a feeling "Wow, they felt strongly enough about this to put it in a package they were shipping to a complete stranger" I don't know... haha

Edited by spider87

I just remembered something which is sort of on-topic. A few years back, I was reading about someone that had sourced some machining work (for some costuming props) out to a Chinese manufacturer. The work wasn't done as agreed, and the machinist tried to then make the buyer pay for a second load of materials to re-do the job (even though it was their fault they hadn't done it properly the first time) I forget the specifics of the toing and froing, but at one point, the machinist had the gall to say that they were a Christian, and that as the buyer was also a Christian, they should forgive them and give them the chance to make things right :o

Maybe this is a new ploy on the part of dealers to try and use some kind of 'cultural similarity' to keep people sweet incase things go wrong...

FWIW, I don't believe their action was really something personally aimed toward you... I believe they are just sheep "following the flock".

Even my favorite Hamburger joint here in Southern California "In 'N Out Burger" secretly has a religious message printed inside the lower rim of all their paper cups....something about Matthew 3:16. This was exposed in the newpaper a few years ago and apparently it goes back to their original founder's belief. I just ignore it, I don't really think that the hamburger-slinger behind the counter is targeting me personally.

whooperdog

FWIW, I don't believe their action was really something personally aimed toward you... I believe they are just sheep "following the flock".

Even my favorite Hamburger joint here in Southern California "In 'N Out Burger" secretly has a religious message printed inside the lower rim of all their paper cups....something about Matthew 3:16. This was exposed in the newpaper a few years ago and apparently it goes back to their original founder's belief. I just ignore it, I don't really think that the hamburger-slinger behind the counter is targeting me personally.

whooperdog

In this case however, they are... They see you arrive and they're just like 'oh no it's whooper... get out the god cups!'

@Teejay, I have seen stupid stuff like that too that's like one of us ripping the other off and saying we should be let off the hook because we both love watches! haha

Did I say that I once got a lollipop with my watch. Screw them if they think they're gonna get me to convert to lollipopism. I take very seriously what I lick, suck, chew in this life and no confectionarmiast posing as a rep watch dealer is gonna push his sugar on a stick agenda down my throat.

JTB

Did I say that I once got a lollipop with my watch. Screw them if they think they're gonna get me to convert to lollipopism. I take very seriously what I lick, suck, chew in this life and no confectionarmiast posing as a rep watch dealer is gonna push his sugar on a stick agenda down my throat.

JTB

Bring back the Victory V's!

Last time I was in Boots the girl said; "Sorry, we don't do those any more, they used ether in the mix." !?!?!?

I knew she was lost to 'them' and there was indeed a sinister conspiracy. But that, goes beyond "Jonestown" even. Victory V's. Victory V's.

I have seen stupid stuff like that too that's like one of us ripping the other off and saying we should be let off the hook because we both love watches! haha

Yeah, any excuse really to try and relieve them of their duty to fulfill the customer's order as promised. It never ceases to bug me when watch dealers try and wriggle off the hook with "Well it's a fake watch, what do you expect??" Okay, for some things sure, a little acceptance is required, but for stuff like outright rip-offs or trying to treat their client like a chump, sorry, we may be buying fake goods, but we don't pay with fake dollars, and I doubt the stuff the dealers then buy with said dollars is fake either, so a little professional courtesy isn't really too much to hope for :lol:

I am extremely confused by the above post....

Spidey - understandable. It's a vicious world out there, ruled by meglomaniacs, despots, warmongers, corruptionists, crooks and chocolatiers. Confusion is what they want. What you read in this thread represents a salutory lesson on being prepared for the inevitable surprise attack. Next time you're on a bus and the kid sitting next to you is armed with a sherbet fountain and a smile...be afraid, be very afraid.

JTB

That's not a girl...thats Rya :rolleyes:

(You had to be there!)

Haha we actually already cleared that up in PM :-P

I sent him a PM saying she was cute but put a nice big disclaimer saying that 'if, in fact, she was a he my statements are voided as you can not tell anymore with some guys' lol

According to him it's a girl :-P If your source is better we may have some problems... some crazy wikipedia [censored] going on here now haha

Edited by spider87

That's not a girl...thats Rya :rolleyes:

(You had to be there!)

Sorry offshore my friend, although Rya was a wolf in sheep's clothing, it wasn't in drag. My son and I having personally had dinner with him and drinks on another occasion in So.Cal., I assure you, Dems avatar is not Rya, he wouldn't be that cute of a reverse "Yentl"! I remember him mentioning about her (his muse/girlfriend in the picture) but can't recall all the finer details, although she was a big "sigh" he seemed not to want to mention. Knowing Rya, it would be very like him to instigate and promote the most far out rumors to further his 'cause to shock the forum membership and laugh about it, and if you bought into him being in drag for his avatar, you just got coerced into licking the pump handle. (You have to know cold winters for that joke) Only time I saw him seriously sincere (and not pulling the wool over the members) was when he posted his suicide note that I had to have a couple of person-to-person phone calls to see him through it. B)

Omni,

I was misunderstood in my post, or maybe it was too obtuse!

When Dems adopted Rya's avatar, I always then had to think twice about who I was actually hearing!

So my immediate reaction on seeing that av is "that's Rya"

I well recognise Ry's sexuality.

Funny how we use avatars to recognise various posters. And how they grow on us.

O/S

I was misunderstood in my post,

Well being inappropriate after a bottle of wine on top of my regular, most androgynous I say "Miss Understood Big Bhoy"

That's all folks, remember civility rules for this thread which is now way off topic, I'm saying goodnight..................."hic"

That's all folks, remember civility rules for this thread which is now way off topic, I'm saying goodnight..................."hic"

Ohh,

JTB and Dems did a wonderful job on that, a page or so back, :D , however I'm more than happy to let it run it's own race whilst civility riles rules :rolleyes:

May draw some more entrants for "quotable quotes."

O/S

Ohh,

JTB and Dems did a wonderful job on that, a page or so back, :D , however I'm more than happy to let it run it's own race whilst civility riles rules :rolleyes:

May draw some more entrants for "quotable quotes."

O/S

I kind of like to see it as you bowling the bouncer in the first place Alan, and Dems and I knocking it right out the ground. Anyways I did get a lollipop in with one of my deliveries! :D

@JTB,

Never dropped one in short in my life!

Always on a good length, just that they turned at right angles :D

Gotta throw 'em up and take the occasional pounding. (Ask Harris in SA yesterday- 26 in 6 balls- that's too full a length!)

So how're the Poms going to go?

New coach, new skipper, but playing a team of noobs!

I reckon it will go to the wire!

(For those out there wondering what this is all about, my colleague and I have now commenced a discussion on the gentlemans' game of cricket)

O/S

@JTB,

Never dropped one in short in my life!

Always on a good length, just that they turned at right angles :D

Gotta throw 'em up and take the occasional pounding. (Ask Harris in SA yesterday- 26 in 6 balls- that's too full a length!)

So how're the Poms going to go?

New coach, new skipper, but playing a team of noobs!

I reckon it will go to the wire!

(For those out there wondering what this is all about, my colleague and I have now commenced a discussion on the gentlemans' game of cricket)

O/S

They should win this test Alan but long term I really don't know. Tooooooo much tinkering for my liking and I don't know if it's a harmonious dressing room which is essential in today's game. Oh for a Freddie Trueman or Beefy.

Now we are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic! :D