When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua's Solid 18k Tt Datejust/what Do You Think?

crystalcranium

its because 18K is soft right? so i assume this happens with gen also?

Yep it happens on the geniune jubilee bracelets, just due to method of construction and wear. Stainless, or tt, same thing - after wearing for a few years they just stretch....

Some people save their Rolex gen bracelets and wear aftermarket bracelets to keep the gen bracelet in mint shape... :) And aftermarket oysters are pretty excellent for their price, I suppose its the same with jubilees...

thanks, i wonder if the solid 18K president bracelets do that?

Well in time everything stretches, even Oysters if its your daily wearer for 15 years, etc.

But the jubilees are the worst - Pres, I havent heard to much about...

The DayDate (President) you can only buy in Plat or Gold, so most peolpe dont wear them as a beater watches, or wear them every single day, hence not as many stories about streching...

Pauls watch is 14k gold wrapped around 10k gold, hence the price difference.

BTW, If Jos just says 18k, it's 18k all the way through, I've been dealing w/ him for nearly two years and have read hundreds of his descriptions. He just wouldn't say 18k gold if it were 18k plated over 10k. The price seems about right too--probably about $300-$325 worth of gold in the watch + the price of the usual nice ETA rep. Not a bad deal.

The bracelet will stretch slightly. My wife has a gen TT DJ w/ a jubilee--and while it has stretched, so has everyone other gen owner's so it's not an accuracy issue.

Jos didn't mention anything about a solid 18k TOG coming along soon, did he?

BTW, If Jos just says 18k, it's 18k all the way through, I've been dealing w/ him for nearly two years and have read hundreds of his descriptions. He just wouldn't say 18k gold if it were 18k plated over 10k. The price seems about right too--probably about $300-$325 worth of gold in the watch + the price of the usual nice ETA rep. Not a bad deal.

The bracelet will stretch slightly. My wife has a gen TT DJ w/ a jubilee--and while it has stretched, so has everyone other gen owner's so it's not an accuracy issue.

Jos didn't mention anything about a solid 18k TOG coming along soon, did he?

This is what I figured. Josh has several models listed as plated, wrapped and solid and he has never misrepresented a product to me. He specifically states the bezel and crown are solid. He confirmed this in an email conversation.

Edited by crystalcranium

Aspire has some solid gold DJ with soild mid gold link. A lot cheaper.

Wonder the difference.

You buy the dealer before you buy the watch!!! THAT'S the difference!!... Joshua has a totally spotless record as a dealer....Does Paul???...Your call...... :bangin:

96142-27299.jpg

see the blemishes? i highly doubt thats dirt. thats typically a result of a dirty surface or an overheated nickel surface when plating. no way is that solid 18K it wouldnt look like that otherwise. i can say this from experience w/ brush plating as i used to do it. Josh maybe mis-informed by his suplier b/c he obviously wouldn't try to trick someone. hes a great dealer

Edited by Ulich05

96231-27290.jpg

see the blemishes? i highly doubt thats dirt. thats typically a result of a dirty surface or an overheated nickel surface when plating. no way is that solid 18K it wouldnt look like that otherwise. i can say this from experience w/ brush plating as i used to do it. Josh maybe mis-informed by his suplier b/c he obviously wouldn't try to trick someone. hes a great dealer

ruby has these same watches avaliable and i bought a tt dj for my wife. i have seen nothing that tells me it is plated and the color matches our other 18k jewlery.

ive got a tt dj myself that is marked polex between the lugs and i have handed it to my jewler and he compared it to a used tt dj gen that he had for sale the only difference he could see was he had put a 14k band on his. i've been wareing it for 4 years and it is fine. i keep it clean but i have only polished it once trying out a cloth mt jewler gave me.

i would not have bought my wife one if i thought it was plated. my wifes doctor wares one and we compared them and her doctor could not tell the difference.

Is it just me or do the end links look like they were butchered on by a blind man? What ist the point of solid gold, if the crappy assembly gives it away at once? Plus, the heavier the watch the less comfortable it is to wear. Although I have to admint that I'm no great fan of TT, the pictures would turn me away if I was...

Is it just me or do the end links look like they were butchered on by a blind man? What ist the point of solid gold, if the crappy assembly gives it away at once? Plus, the heavier the watch the less comfortable it is to wear. Although I have to admint that I'm no great fan of TT, the pictures would turn me away if I was...
i am very happy to say that ours look nothing like that. a tt is not a heavy watch and a jublee band is very liquid around you wrist. out of all of our rolexes are buy far the most comfortable watches my wife and i own.