When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New ApRoo models out

Dani

thanks for the heads up Dani..

very interesting news....

just looked at his site...he is making a Sachin Tendulkar and Rhone-Fusterie . interesting...

Most importantly, the RB2 is out folks..the one all we've been waiting for.

altough I don't know WTF AP is thinking making limited editions for absolutely everything...idiots...they just want to milk as much money as they can..

altough I don't know WTF AP is thinking making limited editions for absolutely everything...idiots...they just want to milk as much money as they can..

If they sell...and the brand image remains high...who are the idiots? The marketing department who probably initiated the new designs...or the people who buy them?

Can't blame the marketting department for sure. If the demand is there, why not make it?

I just think that if they have a special edition of everything they will dilute the uniqueness of owning a special edition AP.

On luxury bazaar alone, there are 46 variations of AP ROO limited editions, If I am not mistaken, And IMO that is too much.

But since we are talking reps...I say that is a good thing...because there are so many variations, a bit of flaw here and there will make it less noticeable, because you will almost never meet a person that own the model, and even if you do, they probably will not be familiar with the other 45 models (unless an AP manager) :D

Edited by arrowax

I walked into the local AP store and they seemed to have a couple of new date only models with red/pinkish inner bezel. Could be the new Scuba/Boutiquefor the NY. In any case, I have never understood why they didn't make a good rep of the scuba models since it gets rid of the whole crown st below the pushers issue which will always be the instant tell for an afficionado. In any case, hope springs eternal. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the final assessment of the Sachin? Has anyone purchased this model? I am aware the strap needs to be replaced but the dial is beautiful. I like it to complement my SS Navy.

But the question remains......

Accurate?

I can't find a pick on Luxury Bizarre, anyway seen any Gen pics for comparison...

• 1 month later...
I am looking to pick up the Sachin, I found your post helpful...Question, the flaws in the number 000/500 and the BASE and not TACHYMETER. Are these major in your opinion? I cant seem to locate some GEN pics to do my own research...

I have the Navy but feel this is a nice compliment to it.. what are your feelings on the leather strap? (I buy from Josh)

I've bought the Sachin and I've posted pics within the AP Sub form.

The 000/500 flaw isn't a big deal cause it's gonna be on your wrist most of the time and most ppl aren't gonna pick up the flaw unless they're really into APs. The gen says TACHYMETER and not BASE on the Sachin. It's supposed to be BASE on the RHONE F.

I initially thought the blue "horn back" strap was going to be a disaster but so far I'm happy with it. I might get a tripe stitched strap made at some point...

I've seen pics of the gen and the dial is pretty close. The big draw for me was the blue on the dial, it's pretty uniquie and different from Navy.

I've bought the Sachin and I've posted pics within the AP Sub form.

The 000/500 flaw isn't a big deal cause it's gonna be on your wrist most of the time and most ppl aren't gonna pick up the flaw unless they're really into APs. The gen says TACHYMETER and not BASE on the Sachin. It's supposed to be BASE on the RHONE F.

I initially thought the blue "horn back" strap was going to be a disaster but so far I'm happy with it. I might get a tripe stitched strap made at some point...

I've seen pics of the gen and the dial is pretty close. The big draw for me was the blue on the dial, it's pretty uniquie and different from Navy.

thank you for the reply.. I am going to to a search for it now... I am happy to hear the Hornback isnt a disaster.. I too will eventually replace after I get it...

thank you for the reply.. I am going to to a search for it now... I am happy to hear the Hornback isnt a disaster.. I too will eventually replace after I get it...

No problem, glad to find out someone else appreciates the Sachin! Getting a replacement strap that's up to par will prob cost half the price of the watch!

Edited by ecsm