When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 3035 movement in rep case?

CJT74

I'm looking at a Gen 3035 movement but I was wondering if it will work in a rep case. I have a few cases. One is an MBK which I would like NOT to use because it has the engraved rehaut and no lug holes. One case is a Noob with lugholes and the other is an unknown but its pretty accurate.

I know most reps have an issue with the crown being to low so I'm not sure it will work, any advice would be great before I pull the trigger on this movement.

Also....will an MBK dial work with the gen 3035? I also have a set of gen hands for the movement.

No it wont. Unless you get a special sean case (I think that was his name). Why not just use a rep movement?

I'm slowely trying to build up a gen franken 16613. I already have all the gold parts covered. The case, movement and dial are all thats left. I know thats like the whole watch but it seems the case will be about the only thing that is hard to find.

What is this "sean" case you are refering to?

16613 takes a 3135 movement.

But you should be able to fit a 3035 in a Eurotimez V.3 case. I was able to test fit a 2824-2 in the V.3 case with the use of one of my movement holders that was made to fit a 3035 case. The stem aligned no problem. I don't think they are available anymore so you would have to find one from another member. The V.3 accepts a gen crystal and bezel assembly.

16613 takes a 3135 movement.

But you should be able to fit a 3035 in a Eurotimez V.3 case. I was able to test fit a 2824-2 in the V.3 case with the use of one of my movement holders that was made to fit a 3035 case. The stem aligned no problem. I don't think they are available anymore so you would have to find one from another member. The V.3 accepts a gen crystal and bezel assembly.

Hmm, I wonder why I thought it was a 3035. What was the 3035 made for? Whats the difference between the 3135 and 3035?

I'm slowely trying to build up a gen franken 16613. I already have all the gold parts covered. The case, movement and dial are all thats left. I know thats like the whole watch but it seems the case will be about the only thing that is hard to find.

What is this "sean" case you are refering to?

Here you go http://www.etaswiss.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=3929

Just a word of caution. Make sure you get a straight answer as to what movement that case accepts. I was unable to get a clear answer and was always told. "it takes both movements". I tried to explain that the 3035 and 3135 are totally different movements and the stem position is different. Even after explaining that, I was still told the case takes both movements. He's calling it a 16610 case, so it should take a 3135. If it accepts 3035, then it should be a 16800 case.

MBK/MBW dials are made to fit ETA movements, which generally have their feet in different locations than Rolex dials. So if you want to use the MBK dial, you will need to remove the feet & use dial dots or some other semi-permanent adhesive to afix the dial to the movement.

And I would re-read Stilty's caveat before proceeding. He knows what he is talking about.

Yep, I'd love to know how it works out also. But looking at the case and the crown position of Sean's case, I would bet on the 3135 movement fitting. Rehaut looks like that of the 16610, and the high crown position also looks like a 16610. The funny thing is the caseback says 16800 on it.

I would think the 3035 stem position will be too low in the case. But I would think an eta 2824-2 could very easily work.

But if the dial from Sean has Rolex feet, it will work w/ the 3035 and the 3135- dial feet on those two movements are the same.

I can't help but wonder if a 3035 wouldn't work in a noobmariner case (F520117). I might have even seen one on ebay like that...

My experience building franken Datejusts is that the 3035 closely approximates the eta 2836-2, particularly in crown position and the 3135 is close to the 2824-2. The fact that BK is coming out with a YM with the 2824-2 and correct crown position confirms the similarity between the 3135 and the 2824-2.

My experience building franken Datejusts is that the 3035 closely approximates the eta 2836-2, particularly in crown position and the 3135 is close to the 2824-2. The fact that BK is coming out with a YM with the 2824-2 and correct crown position confirms the similarity between the 3135 and the 2824-2.

Then wouldn't a wm9 case be a good solution for the OP's 3035?

the 3035 should fit fine in a WM9 case. I fit an ETA with my 3035 movement holder in a Eurotimez V.3 case that was machined for 2836-2.

And Alligoat is correct.

2824-2 is very close to 3135. The difference is 0.05mm. Center stem to dial back on 3135 is 1.75mm. Center stem to dial back on 2824-2 is 1.80mm

If I remember correctly, the 2836-2 is 2.25mm and 3035 is 2.20mm or vice versa.

3035 would be a good fit for the V.3 and possibly the WM9.

Interesting replies. I do have a noobmariner case that I bought from a member here but it hasn't arrived yet. I will do a dry fit in that case as well. Once all the parts arrive I'll post the results.

At that point I will have 4 cases to mess with. I have my first rep case which is the MBK with the engraved rehaut. Then I got another unkown case from a member here. I chose to ditch the MBK case because I was starting to dislike the engraved rehaut. I have no intention of ever using the MBK again though. This unkown case is the one I am using now with the MBK dial and movement which I believe is the ETA 2834. This case looks great and everything fit perfect. Then the noob should be here any day and I expect the complete sean case set in a week or so.

But then I pulled the trigger on a gen movement a little premature. I was sure the current 16613 movement was a 3035 but its a 3135. So my goal now is to make the 3035 work somehow. Thats how I came to the sean case set. But hell if it fits in a noob case I may just use that one and try to just put the ETA in the sean case set and then I'll have a complete 16610 or 16800? If that works I will sell the all SS sub because I already have a gen 14060.

Once this project is all done it should be a sweet blue 2 tone. I have an aftermarket solid 18K/SS band with the rep clasp showing all the rlx markings, I also have an after market solid 18K bezel and insert and I have a gen 18K crown. Looks like I will have some options to play with.

Well I recieved a bad news email from Sean, he has no case sets with lug holes. He is offering a refund or a case with no holes. I really need the case with the holes so the watch will be dated properly.

Anyone have any sugguestions what I should do? I was thinking of just getting the no holes case and trying to drill them out. But that could be an expensive screw up if I mess it up. I do have a small table top drill press and I'm very good with my hands. But stainless steel is tough to drill through. Add in the angle of the lug and that tiny drill bit and its ever worse.

Damn....I was ready to get this watch together, the movement is on the Fed Ex truck for delivery today and I am picking up a gen dial this morning from a local dealer.

I really wanted that 1:1 case so I could put the gen guts in with no mods. :help:

Don't try to drill the lugholes unless you're pro. You'll waste a perfectly good case.

I would get the Euromariner V3 with the asian 21 j movement. Essentially you're buying it for the case. It has the lugholes and then you have to drill them out with a drill bit like the Snap-on DBCE55A- #55. That's easier than drilling new lugholes if you have a drill press. Expect to polish the case after that some.

The Euro V3 will accept gen or aftermarket bezel parts, you can tap the case hole and install a case tube (gen or aftermarket) and then a gold Rolex crown.

You should be able to fit the 3035 in the Euro V3. At that point you'll have a franken TT sub. I don't know if you call it a 16613 or a 16803. Either way, it's a TT franken sub.

Heres an update. I got the 3035 today and it matches up very nice with the gen dial.

And......its a perfect fit in the MBK case with the engraved rehaut! And I mean a perfect fit, nothing to modify, the stem lines up and everything. Unfortunatly I don't want to use that case because it has no lug holes and the engraved rehaut.

Then I tried it in the unknown rep case I am using now, not even close.

So now I am waiting on the noob case I bought from a member here to arrive. I'm thinking sinse it all works in the MBK case it should work in the noob case. Am I correct in that asumption?