When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beware Dealers... Another Customer Who Is Not Business Worthy..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to react more evenhandedly when we have these problems. It always starts with real tough talk about kicking ass and lifetime bans and then he apologizes and it's all good. I'm not saying it matters to me, it's the dealers' call as to how to deal with booster. But wild ranting and jumping to conclusions doesn't help anybody, neither does blowing it all off so easily. IMO more serious discourse, less mob mentality and jumping on and off the bandwagon would be nice.

Kudos to Andrew who definitely acted with class from start to finish.

Edited by kanerich

Trying saying that again when your business gets bogged down because of one anal customer. (Not forgetting that it affects us buyers as well.) The reaction displayed here in this thread is normal human reaction. Maybe this thread did sparked a resolution to the initial problem? (I believe Efren did mentioned that someone pointed this thread to him on another forum) So I guess it did help resolve the misunderstandings between both parties, at least from my perspective. And I stand firm that such customers should be banned. (Well, that is a whole new issue itself. I shall stop here before the sh*t hits the fan).

People need to react more evenhandedly when we have these problems. It always starts with real tough talk about kicking ass and lifetime bans and then he apologizes and it's all good. I'm not saying it matters to me, it's the dealers' call as to how to deal with booster. But wild ranting and jumping to conclusions doesn't help anybody, neither does blowing it all off so easily. IMO more serious discourse, less mob mentality and jumping on and off the bandwagon would be nice.

Very goood and valid points. Could not have said it better myself.

Trying saying that again when your business gets bogged down because of one anal customer. (Not forgetting that it affects us buyers as well.) The reaction displayed here in this thread is normal human reaction. Maybe this thread did sparked a resolution to the initial problem? (I believe Efren did mentioned that someone pointed this thread to him on another forum) So I guess it did help resolve the misunderstandings between both parties, at least from my perspective. And I stand firm that such customers should be banned. (Well, that is a whole new issue itself. I shall stop here before the sh*t hits the fan).

You clearly missed my point. I stated quite plainly that Andrew acted with nothing but class so I have no idea what your first assertion is supposed to address. In any case, I am not referring to just this thread . . . I have seen numerous threads in the past two years where someone is accused of wrongdoing and some members feel the need to start talking like Judge Roy Bean, with no apparent purpose other than to show how badass they are. As if a replica watch website is the place to prove such things. It was especially bad on the old RWG where I recall threads involving alleged dishonesty or some such, and members talking about forming a posse to go over to the alleged offender's house and assault him or some such utter nonsense. At the least, members chime in about banning the person for life and how we need to "lay down the law" with bad apples. There is much bemoaning and hand-wringing about how the administrators aren't tough enough on troublemakers. Then the alleged offender apologizes or offers some semi-acceptable excuse and all the self-appointed tough guys melt away, presumably to return to pondering who has the best Sub.

I have no doubt that airing out problems on the board helps resolve problems. That's why I participate in this and other threads. However, people shouldn't pile on to call for a head on a platter if they don't really want to see it and they should not be so quick to forgive and forget if the conduct really was bad. There is a word for this type of capricious follow-the-mob human behavior, but it is not yours, "normal." It is "childish."

Edited by kanerich

Wow! What a story. Had seen that Trusty's paypal was down but didn't know why until reading through this thread. Whole thing reads like a Lifetime television movie. Andrew is a tremendous dealer and had handled all my transactions with class. Don't like to hear all the problems that dealers are having with purchasers because then feel that this new found hobby of mine is in trouble (although that would save me money).