When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beware Dealers... Another Customer Who Is Not Business Worthy..

Dear guys,

This morning, I had woken up to find a PAYPAL complaint from what I should call a seasoned member in the forum. He bought a watch, Breitling Bentley GT (BLUE) on 8 JULY and then on 10 JULY requested me to change to a Burgundy Dial for him. Because of that, I had to take the package back from the freight forwarder and repacked for him and after which item was shipped out to him.

15 JUL - He received the watch but the Date Window was not aligned nicely. Emailed me to do an exchange which I gladly compromised with after some talks about finding a local watchsmith to do the job did not work. I have always been patient and dealt with all customers tactfully.

He shipped the watch back to me in China for replacement. Item reached us on 24 JUL and I had to sent to maker for a brand new exchange. It had to take a couple of days. I emailed him to advise that item will be shipped out in a couple of days. This is what I got back from him in the next email:

what's going on? do you think i'll need to file a complaint now with paypal?

At this moment, I was about to return from China and flight was delayed 4 hours at China, Website was down with SQL errors and I had to make sure eveything was ok and worse of all, my BlackBerry died on me.. battery went flat. 28 JUL - I emailed him for shipping address to check so I can send out the package soon. I told him I had always have good dealings with the members in here and this is how he answered me..

I only care about about how you handle my transaction..... not how you handled your transaction with others. I don't care about what they say about you. And you know my shipping address.

I'll give you a couple more days.....

I felt that he was trying to threaten me over the whole transaction. I had actually shipped out the item yesterday for him but this morning, when I saw the PAYPAL complaint, I am fuming mad and very very disappointed in such a business dealing. I had given him a FULL REFUND. Period

I will not deal with such a customer whom I went all out to please...change the Blue for Burgendy Dial and then reship another piece for him for replacement and in the end get insults and also threatening email. I do not need this one business to keep me alive.

I rest my case. If you see this post, please email me. I will ALSO FULLY REFUND the shipping fees you sent for the Breitling back to China... Call it quits. Thanks!

*Just a note. FULLY REFUNDED35 for shipping. Should be more than enough for you. I have asked my guys to retrieve the package for the Breitling from the freight forwarder!!

ANDREW

Edited by trustywatchguy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy; was it Mel Gibson? :blink:

But seriously, wtf is going on lately? Lots of our dealers are getting screwed. This is totally unacceptable. There has to be a way we can impose some better accountability. What's really ironic is that many of the members here were originally drawn to this forum and others to protect themselves from possibly being scammed by unscrupulous vendors.

Although it has been a while (okay quite a while) since posting here, I have from time to time checked in, and most recently have been able to add this site to my newsreader via the RSS option. One thing I have noticed is that there is an increasing frequency of the same type problem that Andrew has had happen... the unfortunate thing is that it not only affects Andrew, it also has an adverse affect on us all, buyers and sellers alike. I've also noticed that more members are asking for some sort of mechanism for addressing these problems. One solution might be to have the 'abused' dealer notify the site admin, who in turn could then notify the other dealers of the 'problem child'. For this to work there would have to be some way of confirming that a proper greivance/customer service procedure has been followed.

That said, everything I have seen posted about Andrew has shown a dealer that truly knows what customer service really means and definitely doesn't deserve to be treated the way this buyer treated him...

my two cents...

WOW what an a-hole . .

I hope the dealers can get together to stop selling to people like this . .

Imagine NOT being able to buy watches!!! :(:(

Dear guys,

This morning, I had woken up to find a PAYPAL complaint from what I should call a seasoned member in the forum. He bought a watch, Breitling Bentley GT (BLUE) on 8 JULY and then on 10 JULY requested me to change to a Burgundy Dial for him. Because of that, I had to take the package back from the freight forwarder and repacked for him and after which item was shipped out to him.

15 JUL - He received the watch but the Date Window was not aligned nicely. Emailed me to do an exchange which I gladly compromised with after some talks about finding a local watchsmith to do the job did not work. I have always been patient and dealt with all customers tactfully.

He shipped the watch back to me in China for replacement. Item reached us on 24 JUL and I had to sent to maker for a brand new exchange. It had to take a couple of days. I emailed him to advise that item will be shipped out in a couple of days. This is what I got back from him in the next email:

what's going on? do you think i'll need to file a complaint now with paypal?

At this moment, I was about to return from China and flight was delayed 4 hours at China, Website was down with SQL errors and I had to make sure eveything was ok and worse of all, my BlackBerry died on me.. battery went flat. 28 JUL - I emailed him for shipping address to check so I can send out the package soon. I told him I had always have good dealings with the members in here and this is how he answered me..

I only care about about how you handle my transaction..... not how you handled your transaction with others. I don't care about what they say about you. And you know my shipping address.

I'll give you a couple more days.....

I felt that he was trying to threaten me over the whole transaction. I had actually shipped out the item yesterday for him but this morning, when I saw the PAYPAL complaint, I am fuming mad and very very disappointed in such a business dealing. I had given him a FULL REFUND. Period

I will not deal with such a customer whom I went all out to please...change the Blue for Burgendy Dial and then reship another piece for him for replacement and in the end get insults and also threatening email. I do not need this one business to keep me alive.

I rest my case. If you see this post, please email me. I will ALSO FULLY REFUND the shipping fees you sent for the Breitling back to China... Call it quits. Thanks!

*Just a note. FULLY REFUNDED35 for shipping. Should be more than enough for you. I have asked my guys to retrieve the package for the Breitling from the freight forwarder!!

ANDREW

:angry:

Andrew,

I also agree with the others. Out this guys name so we don't get stuck in a bad trade with him here or at one of the other forums!

I hope you get your second watch back too!

I see people like this every day. I work in the service industry for a retail location and see people like this every day. Its a shame but some people are just dumb and self involved!

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

yeah, out his ass!

Andrew is an awsome dealer! I have only bought one watch from him, and it did have a problem...but he had me send it back for a replacement. You cant ask for any more than that!

It is really messed up that these guys are taking advantage of your great service! it hurts you, and I am sure it will end up hurting all of us in the end.

Maybe a buyer/seller feedback system kinda like ebay's would work. It could be tweaked a little to better serve this context, but overall it is a simple system that could possibly solve a nagging problem.

p.s. I thought a major tenet of communities like this is policing and justice. It's ironic that an underground club that deals in black-market goods tiptoes and curtsies whenever issues like this crop up. I don't get that...

Edited by fahfahfooey

Maybe a buyer/seller feedback system kinda like ebay's would work. It could be tweaked a little to better serve this context, but overall it is a simple system that could possibly solve a nagging problem.

p.s. I thought a major tenet of communities like this is policing and justice. It's ironic that an underground club that deals in black-market goods tiptoes and curtsies whenever issues like this crop up. I don't get that...

http://www.rapleaf.com/

does this!

cheers,

Z

I'm sure Andrew wants to out this guy as much as we want him to, but there is still the open paypal complaint against Andrew that has to be resolved. If Andrew loses his paypal priveledges then it hurts his business and all of us... big time.

I think the best thing to do is to appeal to this guys sense of decency to withdraw the complaint against Andrew. He has to know that Andrew has a spotless record on rwg, rwi and trc and will always make good on his word. Come on dude, we know you're reading this, do the right thing!

Shame on the buyer.

Andrew is top notch, period.

I smelt buyer's remorse though.

Btw, I just had a very bad experience with an ebayer.

I sold a mid-size OEM Omega bezel on ebay. The buyer accused me for selling fake parts. Well, it's in the original packing and I have 1700+ feedbacks on ebay.

The buyer just don't care about my reputation and kept saying that it's fake, without any proof. F'in dumbass, it's not the money that matters. It's the insult that [censored] me off, I fully understand how Andrew feels.

How can this be fake?

Buyer's response: Dude, look at the oversized flourescent marker on bezel(dead giveaway) ...then threaten me a refund or a negative feedback.

96162-27297.jpg

Edited by cwai02

@Andrew.....PLEASE remember to post all his details in the Dealer Area ...so that other dealers can blackball him.......e-mail address....forum name...shipping address etc etc.......!

Posting his details publicly is not a good idea....a simple forum name should suffice...especially as you say he is a 'seasoned' member...!

Paypal shouldn't be a concern....now that you've refunded with shipping...!

I am indeed fuming mad NOW...

I demanded him to remove the PAYPAL complaint and this is what I got from him...

From seller: Andrew Tan on 7/31/2006 21:33 PDT

I have already sent the FULL refund with the shipping fees back. Please remove the PAYPAL complaint. Thanks

From buyer: Satellite Cad on 7/31/2006 21:24 PDT

Do you really think I would still want to deal with you? You created this mess by sending me a garbage watch and you have now the nerve to be arrogant? I'll close this complaint when I want to..... not because you are commanding me to!

From seller: Andrew Tan on 7/31/2006 16:24 PDT

Remove the PAYPAL complaint immediately!!

From seller: Andrew Tan on 7/31/2006 16:24 PDT

PAYPAL refund sent. I will send you the shipping costs back. Email me to let me know amount. No more dealings with you next time. Andrew

From seller: Andrew Tan on 7/31/2006 16:21 PDT

You get your full refund and no deals for you. Thanks Andrew

So, now he has turned around and say I am at his mercy of the PAYPAL complaint. Indeed this is the kind of dealing I have gotten. Now, I have given all money back + shipping fees back to me..

I let him see what he wants to do..

Andrew

Andrew, you really need to out his ass. I think he is the one that is arrogant with his attitude of I'll pull off the complaint WHEN I want....what can I say, this guy is another douchebag, we really need to find out who he is. And this buyer of Andrew's, please come on and explain yourself. Thank you.

I had emailed him to and forth and offered all solutions... shipping out the Burgundy Dial instead of Blue Dial which he initially ordered. I had to run so much trouble retrieving the package and sending out again and when it was sent, it was faulty, so I offered to send him a replacement. He sent it back and my guys got it shipped out yesterday....

I have been following on this all the while and he thinks I am skiving on my job delivering his watch. I demanded the PAYPAL complaint removal because I do business with that and I had refunded in full plus the return shipping. Nothing to lose on his case... all to lose to my case.

SatelliteCad, please...you know I have already done everything for you and what I ask is the removal of the complaint. You got back everything you wanted..the MONEY.

I rest my case

Thanks