When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beware Dealers... Another Customer Who Is Not Business Worthy..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the forum admins (of all rep forums) & dealers should have access to these people's IP-information as well. When their forum reputation is ruined they can just create another forum name & identity and scam again.

Of course the IP ban wouldn't be idiot-proof but at least it would make it a bit more difficult for them to operate.

They don't necessarily scam just dealers... but the fellow trading members as well. Ron's idea of public "blacklist" isn't bad at all. I say go for it!

Man this is shocking - Efren "was" a respected member of the old RWG - he was around about 1.5 years ago. Then he disappeared. I sold him an aBay Tt Sub 2 years ago, nice easy deal.

Incredible, what's happened to him?

I'm very sorry for your troubles, Andrew.

Hey Rek, you have been arround since 2003?? This Efren guy seem to be respected member here during those time.

I think the forum admins (of all rep forums) & dealers should have access to these people's IP-information as well. When their forum reputation is ruined they can just create another forum name & identity and scam again.

Of course the IP ban wouldn't be idiot-proof but at least it would make it a bit more difficult for them to operate.

They don't necessarily scam just dealers... but the fellow trading members as well. Ron's idea of public "blacklist" isn't bad at all. I say go for it!

Good post Thor, I've said exactly this same thing for some time now. I can't see the need for full information to all members like dealers need, but at least post their screen name so that all members can see them.

WTF should I not be privilaged to this information so that I could avoid a deal with some Ahole like this.

Yes, my fun (expensive) rep collecting hobby started in September 2003.

Efren was a frequest contributor, and get this - if I remember right - he even sold reps a bit.

He should know better, having been on the selling side.

We do have some IP tools, and are looking in to this.

I remember efren very well, and yes he did sell some watches, I bought a couple from him.

I find it hard to beleive that these two are the same person... but we will continue to investigate.

Offshore

I was one! One who does this, I do a PP complain to Andrew

in the past, when I bought my first rep, was the

wrost thing I have done in rep worlds, but at that time I was

not knowing who andrew was, now I can say, with no one

dubt, he is a very very good dealer with a service unbelivable, apart

from this he is a good guy, he solve all the problems in

friendly way, I can only say this: Andrew is Super, my last

birthday he send me FOR FREE :Jumpy: a beautiful Omega, I was

not tell this since now, because now I think all guys in the forum

claim :whistling: his gift from Andrew.

Remember there is no way to not solve with Andrew.

Ciao!

What a low-life arrogant piece of crap weasel!

Tell him to go to Canal Street for his reps.

He's not worthy of any of the respected sellers' services.

Andrew you are a good man and he will get his!

We have a unique community here that needs to be protected.

A membership fee may deter certain members.

It is a privilege to be here.

Efren Alcala was member 'efren803'...on TRC...which he joined on 25 June 2003.......he last posted on TRC on 23rd April 2005....297 post total...he bought from me on2/7/2004....one time only purchase....same address same details....!

I have his e-mail address...but I won't publish it here.....!

He's a long standing member...of TRC....haven't ever seen him on RWG (1 or 2 ).......but he should be aware of the consequences of his actions......I think there's a resolution to this....but it doesn't involve knee-capping personal visits......there must be a reason why he's taken the stance he has.....he must feel aggrieved or threatened by some inaction or otherwise.

Remember Andrew to post his details in Dealer Area....so other dealers can see

Edited by TTK

Efren Alcala was member 'efren803'...on TRC...which he joined on 25 June 2003.......he last posted on TRC on 23rd April 2005....297 post total...he bought from me on2/7/2004....one time only purchase....same address same details....!

I have his e-mail address...but I won't publish it here.....!

He's a long standing member...of TRC....haven't ever seen him on RWG (1 or 2 ).......but he should be aware of the consequences of his actions......I think there's a resolution to this....but it doesn't involve knee-capping personal visits......there must be a reason why he's taken the stance he has.....he must feel aggrieved or threatened by some inaction or otherwise.

Remember Andrew to post his details in Dealer Area....so other dealers can see

Agree that knee-capping may not be the most suitable way to sort out this torrid situation which will affect Andrew and his customer base if it is not resolved.

I would appeal to other dealers and the mods/admin of RWG and probably more importantly TRC to try to contact him and appeal to his better nature (if he has one).

I think it's in everyone's interest to sort this out sensibly, most of all for Andrew who will suffer if he can't get PAYPAL up and running again.

Incidentally, I can't believe that an expereinced member, buyer, collector and seller would behave in such a way towards Andrew of all people.

Dear all,

Everything came to an end this morning.

The PAYPAL complaint actually did some irreversible damage to my account. But I think something pop up my mind while I was having supper with my missus. I told her about the whole ordeal that happened to me yesterday and one thing which I realised is that in this world... Hatred breeds hatred. I did hate what Efren done to me and my PP account but it was definitely something which he felt was right to do at the moment.

After the supper, I made my way back home and had an early sleep. Well, it was the BEST NIGHT i had...peaceful sleep till this morning and I decided to email Efren. He removed the personal complaint to PP but the PP complaint about www.trustytime.com was something which cannot be removed so I had to contact PP and resolve this myself. I emailed Efren to tell him I do not want to pursue anything anymore and offered to send him the watch for free but he refused. He wanted to end everything so I respected his decision and thus ended this ordeal. I felt better... I hope he does too...

One lesson learned....

Andrew

Andrew, you are a true gentlemen. Hats off to you. Glad the dispute is resolved between you and Efren. I know if I were you, I would have blown my top and things will get really nasty... :bangin: Sorry to hear about your website tho. I do hope it gets resolved as well. cheers.

The guy is a first class jerk no doubt about that and uncalled for....but can I say one thing as the devil's advocate

I will not mention any dealer names of course but the amount of "mistakes" (crooked dials, dirt in the case, wrong watch) is astonishing in my order history.

And the amount of time it takes to respond to an email order is usually about 5 min and a email letting the dealer know of a problem is certainly slower and getting something reshipped and sent back from china is a 3 week process.

All the major dealers here do a GREAT job of providing some really cool products but just checking the watches more carefully before shipping would be amazing.

But this dude is a jerk and andrew did an amazing job of trying to take care of him.

Shame on the buyer.

Andrew is top notch, period.

I smelt buyer's remorse though.

Btw, I just had a very bad experience with an ebayer.

I sold a mid-size OEM Omega bezel on ebay. The buyer accused me for selling fake parts. Well, it's in the original packing and I have 1700+ feedbacks on ebay.

The buyer just don't care about my reputation and kept saying that it's fake, without any proof. F'in dumbass, it's not the money that matters. It's the insult that [censored] me off, I fully understand how Andrew feels.

How can this be fake?

Buyer's response: Dude, look at the oversized flourescent marker on bezel(dead giveaway) ...then threaten me a refund or a negative feedback.

96622-27215.jpg