When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big trouble in GZ markets. Huge crack down.

trailboss

We deal mainly with the "Factory Dealers" .. not the Street retailers of GZ .. it is business as usual for all the Forums "Trusted Dealers" .

The Factory Dealers work directly with the Makers .. the Makers do business with the "State" run movement factory..

The street vendors are being affected.. and I hope they will persevere ... as I;m sure they have families to feed..

But as far as our community and those like it are concerned .. it will be business as usual.. I have a parcel that left last week .. and is out bound from customs ..

so to ease your mind.. "we're" SOP :)

I'd strongly suspect this is a long term non-issue, and probably just minor nuisance short term at best. Even if it were a serious, concentrated effor it'd be like playing whack-a-mole. If you could knock down all the GZ retailers (extremely unlikely in the first place), they'd just pop up somewhere else. A never-ending battle, and one China really has no interest in winning.

Well,.. since the SA BS is running behind schedule ... I better see what else is coming up... "On Deck"... :D

I am also waiting for some new watches to come out so I can order them.....got the FM Casablanca last week....and wore it for 10 min......been hijacked by the wife since then....who has been wearing it since then and is refusing to let me near it :p

Hope the sub-dial rings in the AP ROO Gold can be fixed quickly...dying to get it.

• 4 weeks later...

bottom line,

rep makers have a very lucrative business, rep supplies have a very lucrative business, and they're not going to give up shop and walk away, they'll find some way to get by.

If anything perhaps the EU/US based rep sellers, like eurotimez and precious time (UK) will start selling more watches as people seek out local suppliers.

I dont know how on earth these guys managed to import so many watches from china, my guess is perhaps they order the watches dismantled,

1 crate bezel, 1 crate straps, one crate dial, 1 crate movement etc all in different shipments which makes it hard for customs to definately say whether it's infringing any patents as there are no finished article, unless of course they are watch connoseurs.

Once they receive the shipment, put the watch together, and voila... Nice cool rep ready to sell on.

I'm sorry, but what kind of bullcrap is that? America and IP right holders are protesting, YET in the flagship city of the United States of America, NEW YORK CITY they can sell fake watches and fake LV Bags with cops walking by.

What kind of irony is that? Seriously!

As a german I feel like I'm in a 3rd world country when I go through Chinatown, this would NEVER be possible in Germany! You can not on the one hand condemn someone but on the other hand not fix the exact same problem in your own back yard! If my kids is throwing dog poo around, I'd be pretty stupid if I complain about someone elses kid!

I'm sorry, but what kind of bullcrap is that? America and IP right holders are protesting, YET in the flagship city of the United States of America, NEW YORK CITY they can sell fake watches and fake LV Bags with cops walking by.

What kind of irony is that? Seriously!

As a german I feel like I'm in a 3rd world country when I go through Chinatown, this would NEVER be possible in Germany! You can not on the one hand condemn someone but on the other hand not fix the exact same problem in your own back yard! If my kids is throwing dog poo around, I'd be pretty stupid if I complain about someone elses kid!

I wonder if there are good bargins to be had in the china town in london, leicester square.. can anyone confirm this??

P.s. I'm keeping my Graham watch firmly in London if I ever visit italy, but hang on.. surely they'll be patriotic about their brands only and go after italian fakes only.. like High end fashion label rip offs.