When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A 'PM' in my box

Demsey

To those who observe, and keep track of such things, they may find my account status has been upgraded to 'Platinum'.

In homage to the member and Admin. responsible, I feel compelled to share with the community the chain to the event.

A PM and a reply;

Greetings Dem's...

Your membership status has been upgraded to Platinum...

You'll discover some extra goodies that come along with it ;) ...

Appreciate you joining the community, and the contributions that you've made thus far...

Warm Regards ol' friend,

Mike

Oh. Dear.

That is a gesture and a half. Thanks Mike, but I am going to pay the 'Platinum' rate to contribute to the board. I had full intention of at least becoming a 'supporter'. I had been feeling guilty about that for a few weeks now, since 'Lani' posted a thread with regard, and then just yesterday a member posted to 'MasterofPuppets'; "Hey, you have over a hundred posts and are not a 'Supporter', what's up?"

It wasn't until 'Greg_r' built the RWG1.1 site, and it was being discussed, that I realized the cost of the off-shore servers and the layers of cyber protection. lol, the cost of RWG (old school)'s bottom tier Domain after BLADE abandoned it was pennies per annum.

I was actually going to contact you personally. I have no PayPal account (I presume that is the preferred payment method?) after an ancient deal with EL where he was outed by another member in a dispute. I was in the middle of a deal with EL when his account were frozen. He tried to 'piggy back' on a friend's account and was busted trying to 'beat the system'. I was implicated in that transaction. My eBay account was also suspended as a result.

If other forms of payment, CC (Visa), are available? I will go that route.

To be perfectly honest, although I was glad to register here finally and rekindle old friendships, I did not think I would enjoy it as much as I am. The end result and experience of and after RWG fell off-line, the closing of TRC and a failed start @ RWG1.1 in the vein of the laissez-faire, I was resigned to just step away. My interest, outside everyone else's enthusiasm, for 'replica' has run it's course. However, and as I posted in a thread recently; the 'international community' here and what we can all benefit from those relationships and observations across boarders are not only fascinating and priceless but considering how small the world truely is now and how the current economic and other social/cultural crises belong to 'everyone' it's almost our responsibility to at least consider the global POV. @ RWG that is easily, and very well, accomplished. With a 'Rolex' on top. :)

MmmmK, thanks again for the gesture. You guys are tops!

Dems

Just as long as it means he doesn't roll out the Bay City Rollers again, or other nefarious 70's acts from YouTube!!! :p

Great having you here Dems, always fun being in a thread with you (even when I get told off!! heh heh).

Must be nice Dems.

I offered to upgrade long ago as i do on all these forums,they turned my money down. :lol:

No paypal accepted Mike said,and i give on my terms...what can ya do. :)

At least they got $35 from my RWG C1 watch auction,that watch never arrived and i refunded the dough to the buyer. an unfortunate loss,that watch.

Edited by Dave123

At least they got $35 from my RWG C1 watch auction,that watch never arrived and i refunded the dough to the buyer. an unfortunate loss,that watch.

There's a story there that I have missed, what happened...customs?

Ken

Yeah Dave, waddup?

You did send the watch 'registered' right? Maybe there's someone out there with the C1 watch and your fifteen Canadian dollars Monopoly money. :D

Shipped it airmail to 'phaedo' here (good guy by the way),it never arrived. What happened to it,no idea... :(

Shipped lots to Australia,no issues and i send the RWG watch,an issue.... :rolleyes:

Only option with tracking to Australia is expresspost from Canada here and costs as much as the watch :mellow: ,didn't expect an issue though,what can ya do.

Edited by Dave123

maybe 'gitmoman' might part with his...

Dems?.. -_-

He wouldn't be caught dead, on the Syrian border, with a rep homage 'Railmaster'. Those guys all wear G-Shocks. :ph34r:

Yeah, 'phaedo'. That is a shame. Oh well. If it were 'stolen' it will ring four generations of the cursed wrath of the Flying Dutchman. Which pretty much translates to a screaming case of the draft beer runs. Nobody wants that. Shiver.

Yes, was a real shame about the watch not turning up, and all credit to Dave for the refund, something he didn't have to do. You would think this would have been the watch that should fly right through customs, not being a rep. Who knows where it has ended up. Just so disappointing to lose one of these watches. Others can be replaced, but this wasn't one of those.

Maybe yes, but maybe not bad karma afterall as it may have not been destined to effect Dave at all. I got it as a gift from Blade, I gave it to Ubi, he auctioned it off for a good cause, Dave lost it, now somewhere, someone has the watch that eventually pays for it in the end. I've had some pretty expensive gen. mont blanc pens go "missing" off my desk over the years, I always chalk it up to "they must've been deemed to need it more than I" as I certainly didn't have a hand in determining who's hands it slipped into. But I didn't view it as a karma situation to me, I viewed it as a karma situation to the one that it winds up with. Sounds like a typical '70s hippy-dippy outlook doesn't it? :peace:

I hear ya Ken.

When RWG1 went down,i had no use for it anymore,frankly.

I just hope Omni and Ubi don't see this thread... :o

Maybe yes, but maybe not bad karma afterall as it may have not been destined to effect Dave at all. I got it as a gift from Blade, I gave it to Ubi, he auctioned it off for a good cause, Dave lost it, now somewhere, someone has the watch that eventually pays for it in the end. I've had some pretty expensive gen. mont blanc pens go "missing" off my desk over the years, I always chalk it up to "they must've been deemed to need it more than I" as I certainly didn't have a hand in determining who's hands it slipped into. But I didn't view it as a karma situation to me, I viewed it as a karma situation to the one that it winds up with. Sounds like a typical '70s hippy-dippy outlook doesn't it? :peace:

Oh well.

May she RIP then. -_-

P4150074.JPG

You know, I'm not superstitious by nature, don't believe in talisman, ordered religion reparations, spells, voodoo, incarnations or things that go bump on Walpurgis Night, but since that damn watch project was announced it smacked of all the ingredients of a vinatge "Outer Limits" episode. I hadn't a clue as to why, and I never gave it a second thought consciously, but that Railmaster had all the personal appeal of bitter bile in my throat from the get go.

That damn watch wrought nothing but unrest, petty indifference to long standing friendships, polarized a community, orphaned the righteous, fueled the self righteous, and not in the least gave 'TTK' waaaay too much fodder to be, simply, 'TTK' at his misanthropic worst.

I don't know where that watch is, I'm just glad Dave, nor Omni, nor Ubi, nor phaedo, nor BLADE have the cursed thing in their possession. It sucks. It represents nothing of what RWG was in the wholesome realm, it simply represents RWG at it's uncatagorical worst. When I registered here, and was picking around the threads I came across the 'RWG ring' project. Two things immediately came to mind; What the heck does "AWG' mean and, good God they all must be mad.

So, yeah, who knows, aside the shadow, where it is. I'll tell you this one thing. The next time it sees daylight, the Prince of Darkness will reign again on these boards. Yes, that's right, 'Jetmid' will return and 'Rolexaward' will be by his side.

Anyhoo, enough of the dramatic, thanks to all so far in the thread with the kind regards. Glad to be part of this community again. If there is one thing that I learned from my three year hiatus over 'there', is; the evil that men do is always on the hair trigger. It takes good men to build a wall to keep all that crap at bay. An open door is an open invitation to your own peril. As long as that watch stays in it's Ark, it will be milk and honey. But you just know some fundamentalist will open the lid. His face will melt away and the Earth will scorch. Meh, it's a life.