When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 V2 Sub 08 Z series

AllergyDoc

I received my WM9 Sub on Monday, or Tuesday. I forget. Maybe last week. Anyway.

It's an outstanding replica. The bracelet finish is the best I've ever had. I used the P4GR method to clean, lube, and wax it. It entails using a product made for bicycle chains. You squirt a bunch of it on the bracelet, work it into the links, and let it dry for 10 or so minutes. Then wash with soap and water and buff dry. All kinds of black rep factory gunk came off and it looks great. Water beads up on it. No rattle.

My only complaint with the bracelet is the clasp. The diver's extension pops up making the edge of the clasp stick up. No good because the steel is sharp. I've had to bend the extension a little to get it to lie down. If it keeps being problematic I'm going to email George.

It winds like a gen. Date fonts are nicely centered. I think the crown tube was installed correctly as it doesn't appear to be straight to me. Crown guards are nice (I think--I'm not that fussy about crown guards).

It's my first watch with Superluminova. Comparing it with my Deep Sea and the recent LV Sub I got from asian7750.com, it lumes brighter at the start and stays brighter through the night. The other two watches stay well lumed all night, though--excellent for reps.

The pics:

Nice crown guards.

3352030499_ca10fe478b_o.jpg

Nice brushed steel. The treatment gives it a shimmer in person.

3352030609_8f105c4f2e_o.jpg

The dial is beautifully done!

3352856246_c9756daf42_o.jpg

Case back.

3352031571_1411a43a79_o.jpg

Clasp and coronet.

3352031759_7413a00f3e_o.jpg

A beautiful watch!

3352856930_9ce7b09c65_o.jpg

My 2 Subs.

3352857206_6c69367b37_o.jpg

Another full frontal.

3352857328_730530bb67_o.jpg

Wrist shot.

3352856368_aafd07de69_o.jpg

Very nice one, i order to WM9 a 16610 Z-series, i hoppe the watch will be so nice as your.

Did your order directly to WM9 or to bklm1234 ?

Have you oppen the case to see the movement ?

Sorry to point this out, but is it just me or does the upper crown guard have kind of a "hitch" in it? I've thought I've noticed this on other WM9 v2s. It looks to me like the inside of the upper crown guard has a nice angle to it until it is about hit the case where it drops straight down.

How does it look in person?

Still a gorgeous watch, just an observation.

Sorry to point this out, but is it just me or does the upper crown guard have kind of a "hitch" in it? I've thought I've noticed this on other WM9 v2s. It looks to me like the inside of the upper crown guard has a nice angle to it until it is about hit the case where it drops straight down.

How does it look in person?

Still a gorgeous watch, just an observation.

You might be right. There appears to be a tiny difference in the crown guards. It might also be the way light reflects off the metal. Can't be seen by the naked eye.

2 other observations: 1) I can't hear the rotor at all. Might be because the movement is tiny, but it's silent. 2) It might have been mentioned elsewhere, but there's no etched crown on the crystal.

You might be right. There appears to be a tiny difference in the crown guards. It might also be the way light reflects off the metal. Can't be seen by the naked eye.

2 other observations: 1) I can't hear the rotor at all. Might be because the movement is tiny, but it's silent. 2) It might have been mentioned elsewhere, but there's no etched crown on the crystal.

Yeah...I guess it suffers from macro syndrome...All looks well until you magnify it 10x :D Still the best out of the box CGs to date.

That movement sure is interesting...

...And you are correct about the crystal. BK uses Clark's crystals on his v2s. I installed one on my WM9 v1 and it transformed the whole watch...Love it!!

These new subs are awesome...I get a kick out of comparing my wm9 to my old noob. Remember how accurate we used to think the noobs were? :D

I took several new photos.

3358192048_55885b7e63_o.jpg

3358191870_5ea38260d8_o.jpg

3357374965_28f8b7d6c8_o.jpg

3358191412_0ccbe74ee1_o.jpg

3357374641_4ea3dd016a_o.jpg

3358191010_383b9ec257_o.jpg

3357374311_34a49fd109_o.jpg

3357374039_5d5584b15c_o.jpg

3357373861_2ef4059b9f_o.jpg

I can't see an etched crown.

3358190232_4ae9f83f87_o.jpg

Hi Allergydog

Those pics are fantastic.

It's funny to see a so small movement.

It's a 2678-2, a women watch movement, George put into this sub to be nearly than the GEN weight.

What about accuracy and keeping time, a real COSC one ?

How does this movement keep time, is it nearly COSC as wrotte on WM9 commercial describtion?

Hi Allergydog

:lol:

You've been talking to my wife, haven't you?

My watch is running a tad slow, about 15-20 sec. a day. Not COSC but I'll give it a couple of weeks.

(I'll go get a bottle of French wine tomorrow and have it with my dinner (now that the wife's sister is gone :thumbsupsmileyanim: . I'll think of you when I'm drinking it.)

:drunk:

My watch is running a tad slow, about 15-20 sec. a day. Not COSC but I'll give it a couple of weeks.

(I'll go get a bottle of French wine tomorrow and have it with my dinner (now that the wife's sister is gone :thumbsupsmileyanim: . I'll think of you when I'm drinking it.)

In french we call it "labsus r

Great shots Doc!

In many ways, nothing beats the natural lighting. The brushed finish shots are great... as is this one.

3357374641_4ea3dd016a_o.jpg

Great photo! Captures the dial print quality very well. Keep 'em coming!

Mine is also running about 20 sec/day slow over a 6 day period. Since I only have it for about 3 weeks, I am waiting to see if it changes.

Got mine today. Sanded down the bracelet edges and oiled it a bit this evening. The clasp could do with some edge smoothing, too.

This is the refurb that wm9 was selling, so it might not have some of the features of the totally new one (like the CGs), but it looks good to me. And feels as cheap and lightweight as a genuine Rolex should! :)

Compared to my Seiko Marinemaster, well, there really isn't a comparison. But I'll give the sub a go, and see if I can get used to wearing jewelery instead of a real man's watch.

Hopefully I'll have enclosed a wrist shot, if I can..

J

post-8435-1237413872_thumb.jpg

Hey AD, nice Sub btw. Thankyou SO SO much for a good picture of the pearl on the WM9. Its pretty good and at least it glows.. I always think the gen looks slightly recessed I guess the pearl is just too hard to get right for the repmakers!? Everything else looks absolutely brilliant though. God, I hope the LV I've got on order is as well replicated.

Got mine from BK a couple of weeks ago. Had it modified (by BK) with the smaller crown and of course the Clark without etched crown.

Mine is running a stable +4 secs a day when wearing it.

I am amazed by that litte movement, running sharp and actually holding "some hours more than 40 h" reserve.

Only one issue bothers me with the watch, considered the amount of time and effort put into building this watch at WM and by BK, why not put in an extra hour the round up the edges of the case and the bracelet before assembledt? Edges is very sharp. Of course I know this is a general issue(more or less) of all reps, but I would no doubt be willing to add to the price if I could avoid the disassembly, "rounding", assembly.

All in all, very satisfied with the watch and the service. Go for it if you want a very good out of the box sub.

I may have to put mine on the Sales Forum shortly :( to help fund a couple of Omega gens :Jumpy: I have in the buying pipeline.

Very nice, just received mine on Monday. Mine looks just like yours. One thing for sure, mine was not a refurbished watch. I can not find any indications mine was refurbished. In fact, the crystal is "non" etched and feels and looks just like my Clark crystal I installed on my other WM9 sub. I will post pictures later in a new thread as I do not want to bogart Alergydoc's thread. I think WM9 might have gotten over his head in selling the refurbished model as was forced to send out new watches in order to make good on his orders.

-Chris ;)

Edited by cschenone

Very nice, just received mine on Monday. Mine looks just like yours. One thing for sure, mine was not a refurbished watch. I can not find any indications mine was refurbished. In fact, the crystal is "non" etched and feels and looks just like my Clark crystal I installed on my other WM9 sub. I will post pictures later in a new thread as I do not want to bogart Alergydoc's thread. I think WM9 might have gotten over his head in selling the refurbished model as was forced to send out new watches in order to make good on his orders.

-Chris ;)

Mine too, looks exactly like new. I'm not totally sure about the CGs now, looking at them. They may be 'new shape'. Not totally sure.

Best sub