When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Week End Wrist Check

By-Tor

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, reading that back TJ I see how I came across. Absolutely no one would be able to distinguish that from the gen at all in every day wear. I was referring to the 'tell' in terms of in our very niche circle :D

People generally only question authenticity if its a Rollie (including gens) or a Navitimer anyway, right? :p

You didn't come across as being rude/off, bro, I just wanted to add that little point incase someone suddenly got all paranoid that everyone would know that they were wearing a rep :lol: As you say, wearing a Rolex of any kind (including gens), people are automatically going to question it. Not because they think the person would be wearing a fake, but simply because everyone knows that Rolexes are heavily replicated, so it's probably more a genuine curiosity of "Is it or isn't it?" rather than any kind of 'outing' :lol:

I'm wearing this today, to get myself accustomed to it for tomorrow evening.

DSCN0984.jpg

My wife and I are going to a costume party in the evening, and I'm going to be wearing something like this:

Stargate_Atlantis_Season_5_Cast.jpg

I didn't want to swap watches at the last minute, and then be fiddling with it all evening, so I figured best to 'break it in' before hand :)

As mentioned, we went to the party :lol:

DSCN0989.jpg

And this was how close I got to the original costume :)

DSCN1014.jpg

@ TeeJay: what a killing look !!!

@Laz: that is a splendid shot my friend.

@Dluddly: can't wait to get mine back ...

did you get yours from Girards?

But at the moment it looks more like this :lol:

DomiMvt_800_02.jpg

Today, not very different from saturday and friday...

I'm not bored yet :shock:

Jocking :good:

Rolex1655RA_800_66.jpg

Rolex1655RA_800_68.jpg

@Dluddly: can't wait to get mine back ...

did you get yours from Girards?

But at the moment it looks more like this :lol:

DomiMvt_800_02.jpg

I did get it from Girards.

Mine looked like that a few weeks back. Ziggy did a full service on it.

Taking Mom~Dad to Sunday Brunch for their Anniversary .. this will be our view :)

img2009.jpg

I think I'll just pull up ma chair to the best table in da house ;)

img2011.jpg

A little bit of desert to finish the meal.. :rolleyes: Home made Kona Coffee ice cream .. and a little bit of EVERYTHING

img2026.jpg

the choice of what to put on ma wrist is more difficult than what to eat..

maybe this ?

unrosegold045.jpg

Or this

rolexexpiigenuine028.jpg

Or maybe??

tourbi021.jpg

:g:

Congrats on your Mom & dad anniversary Lani.

:huglove: ---- :band1:

I would not mind joinging for the party ...that meat seems very nice too....the one in the middle :drool:

Thank you ma G !!.. if you were in Hawaii .. we would definately be enjoying Sunday brunch at the Halekulani !!

what do you think Stephane?? Toubi?? B)

@ TeeJay: what a killing look !!!

Thanks, my friend :) While we were there, it was announced that there was going to be prizes for the best costumes. I didn't win, but, to be fair to the winner (a guy dressed as Robin Hood) his costume was good. Also, if I removed the patches, vest, and pulled my pants out of my boots, no one would even have thought it was a 'costume', where 'Robin' couldn't hide his costume if he tried :D It was all in good fun :)

Taking Mom~Dad to Sunday Brunch for their Anniversary .. this will be our view :)

img2009.jpg

I think I'll just pull up ma chair to the best table in da house ;)

img2011.jpg

A little bit of desert to finish the meal.. :rolleyes: Home made Kona Coffee ice cream .. and a little bit of EVERYTHING

img2026.jpg

the choice of what to put on ma wrist is more difficult than what to eat..

maybe this ?

unrosegold045.jpg

Or this

rolexexpiigenuine028.jpg

Or maybe??

tourbi021.jpg

:g:

An awesome venue, brother :good: It reminds me of a town in Spain called Aguillas B) If the 'middle meat' is lamb, I'd be having some of that, but if it was beef, I'd probably go for the chicken instead :tu: No one seems to be digging the Swine :lol: I'd also be up for some of those deserts as well :tu:

As for the watch... I'd go for the Explorer II. Elegant and understated. It won't draw attention :) Best regards to your parents :)

An awesome venue, brother :good: It reminds me of a town in Spain called Aguilas B) If the 'middle meat' is lamb, I'd be having some of that, but if it was beef, I'd probably go for the chicken instead :tu: No one seems to be digging the Swine :lol: I'd also be up for some of those deserts as well :tu:

As for the watch... I'd go for the Explorer II. Elegant and understated. It won't draw attention :) Best regards to your parents :)

I think you'd enjoy the Turkey since the suckling swine is not your thing :p

Ok.. it is now between the White Exp. II white dial and this .. FL

6760flgmt013.jpg

I see the most genuine Pam's here .. usually fiddy's .. (Asian tourist) so the Exp's would be a great choice.. now which one TJ ??

this is the reason I love buffet's .. and wearing more than 1 timepiece per day .. ;)

and thank you for the regards to ma folks !!

I think you'd enjoy the Turkey since the suckling swine is not your thing :p

Ok.. it is now between the White Exp. II white dial and this .. FL

6760flgmt013.jpg

I see the most genuine Pam's here .. usually fiddy's .. (Asian tourist) so the Exp's would be a great choice.. now which one TJ ??

this is the reason I love buffet's .. and wearing more than 1 timepiece per day .. ;)

and thank you for the regards to ma folks !!

Turkey, you say... In that case, I'd probably go with the Lamb... I'll eat turkey, but always found it a rather 'dry' meat (compared to chicken) I like the swine, it's just 'off the menu' :p That said, the lamb certainly seems to have been the most popular on the day :)

FL or Exp II.... I'd still say Exp II, for the same reasons... Elegant, and understated... The FL is elegant, but the coke bezel is a little more eye-catching than the all-black variant...

Here're some photos of the town I mentioned :)

DSCN0167-2.jpg

DSCN0168-1.jpg

DSCN0175-1.jpg

No problem at all, your folks are my folks :good:

Ok, still not clear....

I like beef and I like it rare ?! Does this make sense :D

I like rare beef as well :D Lani was meaning that I can't eat pork, as it is forbidden to Muslims :D Pigs might be 'off the menu' for me, but, there are some very tasty vegetarian 'bacon-like' products available which are still very tasty :good:

Turkey, you say... In that case, I'd probably go with the Lamb... I'll eat turkey, but always found it a rather 'dry' meat (compared to chicken) I like the swine, it's just 'off the menu' :p That said, the lamb certainly seems to have been the most popular on the day :)

FL or Exp II.... I'd still say Exp II, for the same reasons... Elegant, and understated... The FL is elegant, but the coke bezel is a little more eye-catching than the all-black variant...

Here're some photos of the town I mentioned :)

DSCN0167-2.jpg

DSCN0168-1.jpg

DSCN0175-1.jpg

No problem at all, your folks are my folks :good:

\

Dude.. you go to some of the coolest spots !!

ok white exp. II it is then

mahalo TJ !!

\

Dude.. you go to some of the coolest spots !!

ok white exp. II it is then

mahalo TJ !!

Aguillas is an awesome coastal town in SouthEast Spain. Awesome restaurants (Dolce Vita is a favorite) plenty of beach-front shops for all manner of goods (and awesome shoes) great shops in the main roads leading away from the beach, and, on the beach itself, there is exercise equipment dotted about, so ideal for a workout session, followed by relaxing watching the world go by at the beach cafes B)

Glad to hear the Exp II won out ;) I definitely think it's the right choice for the location and occasion :)

Peace be upon you, my brother :)

I've been permanently wearing my PO with a natostrap that I boguht a earlier this month, I even wear it to bed as the natostrap is so comfortable, and after a while you dont even realise you're wearing a watch.

My observation from this thread is that most of the people in this community must be mid 30's and above, because the taste is watches is hidieously mediocre.. I'm 24, and really I'm looking for a watch that is a bit on the eccentric side and says hey look at me!

I'm thinking of selling my bog standard PO, and getting omega seamaster 46mm) with orange bezel and a orange rubber strap.

Or any one of the Grahams, I beleive the grahams are more funky and more suited for the 20 somethings, but hardly anyone here seems to wear them here. I'm reading up on threads on the graham to answer a few pre-buying questions, but threads seem to be few and far between..

never understood the fascination with the rolex's and in the case of the rep community the PO, in my eyes they're at par with cheap

My observation from this thread is that most of the people in this community must be mid 30's and above, because the taste is watches is hidieously mediocre.. I'm 24, and really I'm looking for a watch that is a bit on the eccentric side and says hey look at me!

There's so much gold to be mined in that statement, I'm not even going there!

YET! :whistling: