When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ruben Barrichello AP ROO

Samurai

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Verrryyy nice!! This one is growing on me due to its heavy duty "industrial look", quite the conversation peice. You all can correct me if I am wrong, but I beleive the "slots" on the side of the bezel are supposed to resemble the cooling slots on a brake rotor, nice detail. From all these pictures, the subdials look silver in appearence, is this true or is it a trick of the camera? I'll be trying for the older seconds at 9 version of this since I cannot justify the price right now, but congrats on yours, its a real looker.

Cheers B)

hope theres a way to mod the backplate because swirled decoration screams cheapo asian

but from distance not to obvious tho

Mate....agreed that the backplate can be modded to make it closer to gen....however, even while wearing it...the swirl marks don't look bad...overall the watch looks really classy. I doubt if anyone in real life will actually notice the swirl marks and say....it's a fake or looks cheap....on the contrary...looks sorta cool to me. It's the macro shots that make the swirl marks too obvious.

Cheers

The lug size / strap size seems to be the same for both the watches. Will measure it again tomorrow morning...just to reconfirm.

so they dont go longer out then the regular roo that is good for us smaller wrist guys.

so they dont go longer out then the regular roo that is good for us smaller wrist guys.

Yes...am 99% certain they are the same size....will measure it properly in the morning. My wrist size is about 6.2 inches....and this watch sits very comfortable on the wrist.....for some reason....it feels far more comfortable than the ROO

thank you for the pics..absolutely fantastic.

Guys, What are the chances people will notice the gear? Also, the subdials appears to be silver, isn't it supposed to be white?

IMHO, not many people have seen the RB and if they have seen one they might not noticed the gear. I don't think even owners will notice the gears. We are discussing a macro shot here, even if an owner hold it in his hand, IMO, he would not notice it. What do you guys think?

Looks great!!!

I have a rubberclad on the way in the mail and no I have buyer's remorse that I did not go for the RB model.

As mentioned a real conversation piece, most everyone on earth won't know the model and will see the build quality and never dream it is a replica.

Can you let us know if straps are interchangable on the 2 watches you have?

I am not sure I am digging the black leather strap and I own other AP ROO straps.

Thanks,

My wrist is about 6.2"

6.2"?

My wrist is 6"; I need to punch at least 2 more hole on rubber strap to fit my wrist....

Are they made the leather strap shorter than rubber strap? I notice that you no need to fasten the strap at last hole.... :mellow:

Best Regards,

Raymond

Looks good my friend. However, can't really live with the flaws (plate decoration, etc.). The silver subdial colour looks to be inaccurate too. On the genuine, it's matte silver colour. This one is too shiny.

You don't have to buy it, some of us like all the flaws and everything about it, let us enjoy it!!! :)

Looks good my friend. However, can't really live with the flaws (plate decoration, etc.). The silver subdial colour looks to be inaccurate too. On the genuine, it's matte silver colour. This one is too shiny.

maybee applying the GIOARMANI technique to eliminate the gloss in the rolex DSSD dial make the subdials more accurate?? less shiny?

Guest nikos1978

maybee applying the GIOARMANI technique to eliminate the gloss in the rolex DSSD dial make the subdials more accurate?? less shiny

where is these techinque?

any link??????