When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Santos 100 - Crooked Dial?

mperine

Nuts or not?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Nuts or not?

• Nuts - live with it
    • Not - I'd try and do something about it

Just bought this Santos 100 from a dealer to remain nameless. Am I bonkers or is the dial pretty obviously crooked. I mean it looks really obvious to me. I'm weighing this against the whole "it's just a rep" mentality, but it keeps bugging me. So you guys tell me, is this a defect you would try and address with a dealer, or is this just a flaw to live with?

post-531-1154582022_thumb.jpg

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod

I think it looks horrible, look at where it reads swiss made, it is cut off and obviously not aligned properly. If this is supposed to be the 1:1 version with eta then I would address it with your dealer, but otherwise it would depend on what was implied and the price paid, as some of the cheaper reps you have to expect some extent of defect. However that what is downright awful. Give El a buz I think he would be able to get you a lot better Santos. GL

This was from a top and well known dealer and I paid top price based on assurances of quality.

I think it looks horrible, look at where it reads swiss made, it is cut off and obviously not aligned properly. If this is supposed to be the 1:1 version with eta then I would address it with your dealer, but otherwise it would depend on what was implied and the price paid, as some of the cheaper reps you have to expect some extent of defect. However that what is downright awful. Give El a buz I think he would be able to get you a lot better Santos. GL

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod
This was from a top and well known dealer and I paid top price based on assurances of quality.

In that case I would definetly contact your dealer and explain the issue, this one may have slipped by there very strict QC board. PM me I would like o know a little more that you may not want to post openly.

Contact the dealer immediately. I have received watches with less noticeable flaws in the past from several dealers which have been exchanged immediately. Contact the dealer, send them the picture and see what happens - my guess is that a replacement will be on its way to you shortly...

Djeeezzzzzz,

That ' automatic' seems like hand written with a pen. Sukz big time. I was thinking about the Santos 100. This does not look good. Contact the dealer. Please let me know through PM who the dealer is... I want to know more.

I agree... I was thinking about one as well but I think I'll pass...

Thanks all for the advice. I guess I'm not as crazy as I thought. I'll hold off on saying who the dealer is (even through PM) until I get this resolved. I hope you understand, but I'm very sensative about ruining a dealer's reputation over one crappy watch. Thanks for having my back, and I'll always have yours.

Best,

Michael