When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Incredible Generosity

ubiquitous

In my times and tenure on many different watch forums, I have found that the most knowledgable and scrutinizing eyes for detail were actually found ... Here. On the replica boards! But.... I have also found that the friendliest, and most generous of people are also here, and this is what really makes the rep boards a pleasure to visit. The genuine forums tend to be full of ego, snobbery and elitism. If I had a dime for every condescending email or message from M. Sandler, I'd have quite the sum on my hands.

But, anyways....

I wanted to share a case of generosity that was bestowed upon me. Little, ol' ubi. A very generous soul, and genuinely great individual (you know who you are) presented me with my very, very first Rolex book/guide on Monday. This is my first ever printed reference for Rolex I've ever owned; up until now, everything has been in my head, or scribbled down in a composition note pad that I collect thoughts and notes in. The book... The Best of Times by Dowling and Hess. It's a fantastic read, great pics, and whatnot... But even more, the book is actually autographed by Dowling. Very neat! This shall remain a valued and cherished addition to my Rolex watch collection, and I am quite humbled by this kind gesture.

97163-27073.jpg

Some of the most genuine individuals are here... There is no doubt about that.

Cheers,

R

A great gesture from the individual and from you too Ubi to publicly say thank you. I agree with your observation about the differences between the gen and rep communities. I especially like your phrase "Some of the most genuine individuals are here." Very true, very true. :group:

Climb on.

Some of the most genuine individuals are here... There is no doubt about that.

While this place does indeed have its fair share of the lower stratas, as would any internet pond, it does have some of the finest calibre of people I've had the pleasure of sharing interests with. Such generosity is a great example of the best of this hobby.

What a nice tale. Just goes to show that individual humans do display extraordinary lengths of altruism. I think the nice thing about all of us and owning reps is that we are not wrapped up with monetary values of them, and I think that makes us appreciate them and the real thing even more, it removes the snobbery that is associated with the gen owners sites.

i'll echo everyone else's comments in saying that many of us that are on that rather long laundry list of people that you have assisted appricate you and your contributions.

there are not very members for which i can say that i read every one of their topics. if you posted the alphabet, i'd be interested in seeing what you could cook up with that.

here's to you!!!

Yeah at the end of the day it's Karma Randy, although this member is indeed a very generous person he bestowed the gift on a person who gives so much to this board and it's members.

What goes around comes around.

Ken