When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone bought a panerai from WatchEden?

oirish

From what I hear on RWI WatchEden are pretty good to deal with. They have lots of paneral on offer... as do a lot of other dealers, but They seem slightly cheaper than other dealers here. I just want to know if anyone has had any experience with the Pams with them?

Yes, I know Davidsen is supposed to be the dogs [censored] at Pams, but I'm not looking for an exquisite rep. Having said that I'm not looking for a piece of crap either. A nice functional Pam that is reasonably accurate with a 21J movement will do me.

I know some here here are fanactical about Pams. I'm not looking for a grilling. Us noobs gotta start somewhere and at this stage what is cheap aint gonna hurt either.

All opinions welcome...

watchedens stuff is pretty good. bought 2 watches from them already.but again, they're not out-of-the-box wonders. most of the cartel pams go through mods before truly shining. I've bought a DSN pam which is for me, one of the best, buy-and-wear pams out there.

I suggest that you invest wisely in one pretty decently priced, good quality rep than a lot of cheap ones.saves you time and money. btw, pm sent. :)

From the few researches i've done and the reviews i've read, Tony & Sarah (Watcheden) seem to be among the best dealers here,

very good quality and excellent communication

after viewing the website, i found out that most reps have 2 to 3 different versions, according to quality and price:

- the cheapest one would cost u $108, i'd give it a 3/10 on quality and accuracy, i wouldn't recommend buying one

- second in line would cost $128 - almost $200, better quality, clone movements, a 6/10 on my scale, recommended for noobs that wont want to invest in an expensive rep

- finally, the ones that cost +$250 - up to $400, best quality, very accurate and use swiss movement, some of them are super-reps, but u have to do some research to find out which ones!!!

good luck

cheers

I bought a PAM 111 from them earlier in March. It was a nice watch for the price. I was not sure if a PAM was for me, so I got a $118 dollar (including shipping) version before deciding to plunk down ~300 for a really nice version. Sarah was a lot of help. Two tips though, make sure to use the $20 coupon (look at the banner of first page of their site ... you can not miss it) and make sure to tighten the CG screws. I lost a screw and they had to send me another one.

I have attached a pic.

I am going to sell a couple of reps to finance a more expensive version :)

post-5664-1238604311_thumb.jpg

Thanks for this feedback, I was interested in there PAMS too, in checking them out it looked like the mid-range ones MOP mentioned are pretty good except for the casebacks, being a NOOB myself :p I don't know how easy those are to replace.

actually not very easy, and sometimes impossible, because the case could have a whole different structure

and i dont think u can find someone that would sell the case back on its own!!

if ur lookin for a mid-range rep, go for it

but if u have a high budget for reps, go with the more expensive one

but like i said, dont forget to do ur research before pulling the trigger,

ans never hesitate in asking any kind of question

cheers

All but one of my PAMs were from Watcheden. The only problems I've encountered, was one, where the power reserve was non-existent (watch was swapped immediately and without hassle) another, was where the CG lever would not close properly. Again, the watch was swapped immediately and without hassle. My PAMs were absolutely fantastic watches. Accurate in time-keeping, robust enough to take a few knocks, and utterly reliable. I'd recommend Watcheden as a dealer to anyone. Best of luck with your purchase :good:

I can testify to TJ's PAM's still going like a train as I helped finance his wedding by purchasing one!!

It's a great watch can only lose secs per day, if that, because I have never been told that it's out by anything, great build quality and, I totally love the bracelet on it, being in a world where touch and feel is everything to me, these are amazing (almost as cool as the VC half 'crown' bracelets if you can get your paws on one, they are wicked cool!!) and the best part, I have a piece of history from my mates wedding!! :)

Sixx :bones:

I can testify to TJ's PAM's still going like a train as I helped finance his wedding by purchasing one!!

It's a great watch can only lose secs per day, if that, because I have never been told that it's out by anything, great build quality and, I totally love the bracelet on it, being in a world where touch and feel is everything to me, these are amazing (almost as cool as the VC half 'crown' bracelets if you can get your paws on one, they are wicked cool!!) and the best part, I have a piece of history from my mates wedding!! :)

Bro, I hate to tell you, but that PAM was the one which I bought from another dealer :lol: PWC, on RWI :) Of course, you're quite right about it, it's an awesome watch, and I'm really glad you're enjoying it :tu:

I don't really care where it came from to be honest bro!! You know why I bought it and I love it!!

:lol: Indeed, it's much appreciated that it went to a good home, and was of use to me. Sure, some hobbies can be fun, but they're often 'dead cash' once purchased, and, while reps might not bring crazy money on re-sale, they're not as worthless as the elitists on the gen forums would have folks believe ;)

From the few researches i've done and the reviews i've read, Tony & Sarah (Watcheden) seem to be among the best dealers here,

very good quality and excellent communication

after viewing the website, i found out that most reps have 2 to 3 different versions, according to quality and price:

- the cheapest one would cost u $108, i'd give it a 3/10 on quality and accuracy, i wouldn't recommend buying one

- second in line would cost $128 - almost $200, better quality, clone movements, a 6/10 on my scale, recommended for noobs that wont want to invest in an expensive rep

- finally, the ones that cost +$250 - up to $400, best quality, very accurate and use swiss movement, some of them are super-reps, but u have to do some research to find out which ones!!!

good luck

cheers

the other nice thing with tony is you may not necessarily have to pay the listed price ... he is open to negotiations.

i also will support the concept of best to buy quality now instead of just getting any old rep ... i learned the hard way when i was first starting this hobby. lucky for me the entry level reps i had acquired were purchased by some members from RWI.

quality now over quantity!!! is the way to go.

:):):)

personally, this is a rep hobby --- i cannot see spending over $200.00 on a rep. there is a thread out on one of the forums "best rep for under $150"; if i find it i'll pm you the link.

best of luck!

Prince

he is not so good on negotiation...i was thining about to get a fantasy pam 1950 pvd and he offer me 128 usd...10 usd more expensive than if i use the coupom...i told sarah about it and she said that i can choose wich option is better....not so good in my opinion

he is not so good on negotiation...i was thining about to get a fantasy pam 1950 pvd and he offer me 128 usd...10 usd more expensive than if i use the coupom...i told sarah about it and she said that i can choose wich option is better....not so good in my opinion

You were given an option, it was up to you to choose which was better, or not :) To be honest, they don't have to negotiate on prices, and if it was only a single item being purchased, I certainly wouldn't expect them to. It could be that they're feeling the pinch economically the same as everyone else, and simply can't afford to negotiate as much as previously. For example, I saw a silver dial Yacht-Master on their site, shipped, for $108. I've seen the same watch (or rather, the photo of the same watch :lol: ) on another site, shipped, for

i always negotiate price..its cultural....or maybe its me...hahaha...but its good depending on dealler we get some good discounts...

Oh for sure, it's always nice to receive a discount, but I've always been of the opinion that discounts should be at the seller's offer, rather than customer request :lol:

Have you used Watcheden as a dealer before? I've always been very happy with our transactions :)

• 1 month later...

About Watcheden... First of all I went to the RWI forum to learn about the so called TRUSTY dealers ,as i am a little,unknowing noob in the rep area.When I read Fakemasters list of scam dealers it made me sick.How can so many people in the business be so mean? But I went on and contacted Watcheden (a reccommended dealer at RWI) to order a Rolex AirKing (88 Dollars discounted) and a Panerai Luminor 1950 for 356 Dollars.Payment was via credit card and they offer the security option now obligatory if you use the card from here in Switzerland.Contact was nice from the start (with Sarah) ,I was notified that the money arrived to them,and they would send the watches off as soon as possible.That was two days ago,since then I got no mail anymore.Lets see.... Strange (for me) was that my credit card company forwarded the sum to a rolex2u.com place,first I thought that for some odd reason it took a wrong way,but it seems that Watcheden and rolex2u.com are the same place ,as Watcheden got the money alright.To say the truth I do not expect too much from these watches,at least the AirKing,as it really is too cheap (was 108 Dollars).The Panerai is said to have a Swiss ETA movement,so that one should be quite satisfactory?Now I wonder how long it will take the parcel to get here,and (shiver...) if it will pass the Customs alright.Watcheden are really confident that Customs are no problem,so much in fact that they will ship the same watches for free again,should the Customs get hold of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stukov,I am sorry to report here that the shipment from WE has been caught and confiscated by the ever overzealous Swiss Customs.WE sent the watches 9 days after ordering,this time being so long because the PAM 127 1950 was out of stock, and I had to choose another one of equal price.Shipping took three (!!) days,and the morning of the fourth day I got a VERY unpleasant ,unfriendly letter from the authorities ,all about breaking the law and fines up to 10.000Swiss Franks (ca.8000 Dllrs.) .WE put the watches in a speaker ,wich made things worse because that meant the company (WE) knew about the illegality of it all (according to the Customs).I mailed WE this sad matter and they immediately offered to reship (at their expense) the same watches.I had to say NO because I first want to see what happens now with the Customs ,also worrying that the shipment might be trapped again ,making things even more worse.In the meantime I choosed a watch that should pass the Customs because it has NO brand name watsoever on it ,thus not infringing the copyright laws.This is the Panerai Kampfschwimmer vintage model.WE shipped two days ago,so I should get it soon.

I must say here that Sarah at WE was immensely:friendly,helpful and kind.EVERY email has been answered by her quickly,and I will surely stick with WE when ordering other watches I want ,as soon as I find a way to safely aviod customs trouble.And: I WILL see the watches,as per Swiss law (being the watches MY property) I MUST be present when the authorities destroy them,in front of my very eyes!!! SOB!!!

I am sorry to hear this awful story, I hope U will get out of trouble.

But how the customs know that the owner is you? Do say No for everything they say, do not sign anything! The package was sent to a false address, accidentaly yours....

I will be here, waiting how the story ends!

Stukov

Stukov,there was an invoice that came with the parcel,meant for the customs (obligatory) with my phone number on it (obligatory also ) ....The wrong address might be believed (perhaps) but the corresponding phone number seems to show that this was an internet purchase ....and of course it was...then there is the Mastercard transfer (first thing the police asks is to see your bankaccount ,huh huh).Maybe Western Union is safer in this respect !Anyway I will report on the ongoing of this nasty thing .....