When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Not Many Rolex Day-dates

relaxman

Guest leonado

Yellow gold (plated) watches are always a prob because of color. It will be too light and could possibly rub off as well....better go with a white gold finish.

I used to have a WG DD and was happy with it except for the small 36 mm size....

Still a cool watch and can be had reasonably cheap with eta etc...so go for it!

L

Yellow gold is the problem, getting a color that looks right is tough. I recently got a Day-Date in gold and I ended up taking the bracelet off and putting on a leather strap w/ a gold Rolex buckle. The case color itself is OK, but not perfect. Other details of the watch are very good, dial, mag, yellow background on the day and date wheels, eta movt and good pricing. People just have to realize that gold plating may not be perfect color wise. But it wasn't $7000 either!

Actually I find it quite surprising that so few members buy DateJusts and DayDates. Some of the reps are excellent (esp. the stainless steel versions).

Maybe they're more considered as "old man watches" and generally too small. Everybody wants 40mm+ watches these days. Even Sub is considered small which definitely wasn't the issue 20 years ago.

Actually I find it quite surprising that so few members buy DateJusts and DayDates. Some of the reps are excellent (esp. the stainless steel versions).

Maybe they're more considered as "old man watches" and generally too small. Everybody wants 40mm+ watches these days. Even Sub is considered small which definitely wasn't the issue 20 years ago.

How true... :rolleyes:

I personally feel that the Datejusts & dayDates have a really classic & evergreen feel to them... :elvis:

I have a Seiko Monster and I have just purchased an Ult Sub LV from PT.

Those are the only watches I own that are under 44mm.

I don't even consider buying 36mm watches, not even Rolex.

i can't imagine that seiko looks very good with a armani suit. there is a time and place for everything.

I have a Seiko Monster and I have just purchased an Ult Sub LV from PT.

Those are the only watches I own that are under 44mm.

I don't even consider buying 36mm watches, not even Rolex.

i can't imagine that seiko looks very good with a armani suit. there is a time and place for everything.

i would agree that it is seen as an old man's watch, and it is definitely too small. Feels strange with a 40mm nowadays after getting used to PAMs!

Nope, I have an Oris XXL Day-Pointer for that. Looks great with my Armani suit. No Armani "suits" yet but working on it. :D

Now that I am getting into reps I think I will get a RG Radiomir.

NOT a Rolex Day-Date. Not in million years.

Nope, I have an Oris XXL Day-Pointer for that. Looks great with my Armani suit. No Armani "suits" yet but working on it. :D

Now that I am getting into reps I think I will get a RG Radiomir.

NOT a Rolex Day-Date. Not in million years.

ok, if you say so. just don't tell your taylor when they are fitting you for that suit.