When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

michaelallen watchmaker

iceberg1459

Is he the one who bragged about servicing an A7750 per day, that he had serviced more A7750s than Ziggy?

Best of luck, you may need it.

3 months = over 90 A7750's serviced...keeping really busy, I didn't know we had that many members in the EU who needed their 7750's serviced.

Also mentioned a number of problems and issues with the A7750, but not one of the issues was one of the ones I have seen during the past 4 years of servicing this model??

Not sure what to make of any of it.

RG

I believe Michael has said previously that he has a shop, and watch-smithing is his primary income. If he does work for the public, it's quite likely that he would be very busy. My 127 was a good six months in the clutches of a watchsmith...

3 months = over 90 A7750's serviced...keeping really busy, I didn't know we had that many members in the EU who needed their 7750's serviced.

Also mentioned a number of problems and issues with the A7750, but not one of the issues was one of the ones I have seen during the past 4 years of servicing this model??

Not sure what to make of any of it.

RG

My thoughts too when he mentioned this.

I believe Michael has said previously that he has a shop, and watch-smithing is his primary income. If he does work for the public, it's quite likely that he would be very busy. My 127 was a good six months in the clutches of a watchsmith...

He says he has been servicing an A7750 a day for 3 months and watch-smithing is his business - doubt there would be many of these movements going through his shop in general.

He says he has been servicing an A7750 a day for 3 months and watch-smithing is his business - doubt there would be many of these movements going through his shop in general.

Maybe it was an exaggeration, maybe it was not, either way, as I said, if watch-smithing is his business, then he is probably dealing with a lot of clients. What kind of gen watches might have A7750s installed? I know how busy commercial 'watch shops/stalls' get just with simple stuff like changing batteries and adjusting straps. It's bread and butter work, but it still takes time, and takes time away from more complex work like movement servicing, in order to get that particular watch back to the owner. Is it fair to the customer who had to leave the watch for a service? In the 'first come first served' scheme of things, no, I guess it isn't, but, I do appreciate how people have to sometimes do the quick jobs to get in the cash, so they can then take their time over the more complex jobs. As I mentioned, my 127 was in a watch-smith's shop for over six months. I think it was probably closer to eight. I appreciate that people get nervous about property they have sent away and can't just 'pop into town' to pick up, but given that he is a commercial watch-smith, certain delays are inevitable... I hope it gets resolved to the satisfaction of the OP :)

I will give you all a honest report when i get the blackbird back, i had a nice long conversatiion the other day on thre phone with Michael and i was left feeling confident with him, one of the problems he has facerd and is still trying to work through is the lack of available spairs for A7750s and i am sure that Ziggy also faced this at some time.

well on his website he says that turnaround is 2weeks usually

To be fair, 'usually' does exclude any unusual circumstances, which leads to the next point:

and theres no movt. he cant repair :o-_-

However, as pointed out here,

I will give you all a honest report when i get the blackbird back, i had a nice long conversatiion the other day on thre phone with Michael and i was left feeling confident with him, one of the problems he has facerd and is still trying to work through is the lack of available spairs for A7750s and i am sure that Ziggy also faced this at some time.

If there's a shortage of parts, then that is obviously going to impact on repair times, and needs to be taken into account, but, in fairness, it would only be polite of him to let you know that their would be a delay.

for my eod i used another watchmaker(domenico) also in EU and got my watch in 4days!

My personal recommendation would be to ask for an update of the status of the watch, and, if the work hasn't begun, then maybe ask what kind of timeline is projected, or request it be returned, and any fees refunded, so you could send it to Domenico instead. It might be a case of the watch being 'in pieces', waiting for a spare part to arrive. Without any input from Michael, it really is all just speculation as to why you have't heard from him. If it is of any comfort, as I said, I had to wait over six months for my 127 to be returned to me, and that was at a watch smith who only operates out of his shop, and doesn't use the internet at all for communication (and rarely uses the phone either :lol: ) Best of luck for a successful resolution :)

• 1 month later...
my aproo is at him for 3+ months now, last time he replied was 2 weeks ago..

called him couple of times cant reach him, im really tired of this

is anybody in touch with him and can help?

thanks

Hi Iceberg,

Any update on this yet?

seems that this "new watchmaker" is a candidate to leave the forum really soon...

I googled his name and it's pretty easy to find his website and all the info you need - it says that his turnaround time is 2-3 weeks! judging from other members experience that's not so true...

still didnt hear or received anything yet, ill call him again tomorrow..

he obviously reads my emails, pms why doesnt answer cant understand, it was a big mistake to send my watch to him

That's a real shame :( Sorry to hear you haven't had a better resolution :(

• 6 months later...

I was very disapointed that things did n't work out with Michael,when he first arrived, there definatley was a sence of enthusiasm at the prospect of a new ,rep-friendly Watchmaker in the UK, and his shop is just 5 miles from my house. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

However, after reading comments on various threads regarding his work, I was uncomfortable sending him anything of mine.

I did try 'The guy in Germany' mentioned earlier. His forum name in Bricciola and he's a great guy to deal with.

He repaired and serviced a swiss eta in my UPO and did an excellent job. The watch has a 40 hour plus reserve now and runs super accurate.

I can highly recomend him for any EU residents and he'll definatley be getting more work from me in the future.