When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got my UPO today.

asciwhite

As the title say I received my UPO today from my personal dealer (very good one. I can share If I have more positive transactions with him, waiting for a Pam 127 Ultimate)

I have no camera so I can not share any pictures :(

The one problem I have is.... I was about to resize the bracelet today (the bracelet has pins. At least there is no where to put a screwdriver) But the pins are so damn tight I broke my linkmachine when I was trying to get the pin out. Got it halfways out, but I had to put so much force into the pliers I gave up since I am afraid to break it.

Anyone of you have any tips? Or should I get a watchshop to do it for me?

Congrats on the purchase, it's a great watch!

As for the links, I broke my link remover tool on my old UPO....not to mention the marks I left on my desk haha

I would recommened taking it to a watchmaker if you're having difficulty as they should have the right tools. Although they're hard to get out, the pins are very easy to bend, which isn't a good combination!

Thanks b16a2 :) Good to know its not just my UPO who has tight pins :) I would be devastated if I broke my first good replica.

The watch is exxelent by the way, with correct aligned bezel and everything. My dealer personally quality checks my watches before they get shipped...

I would recommend you take an old watch screw driver or anything similar made out of steel. Grind it down to a size just like the pin and carefully with a small hammer get the pins out. Use a piece of wood with holes as work surface to lay the watch on. A hockey puck works great too.

I have resized many UPO bracelets and found that this is the easiest and safest way to do it. And yes I too broke my removal tool at the first attempt.

I use 2 tools for omega bracelets, the first and stronger one to get the pin moving and then the thinner (with a hardrer pin made from a blunted sewing needle) one to push it all the way out, Good point is that gen omegas arre just as hard to size!

post-1258-1239131552_thumb.jpg

Well just finished sizing my UPO over the weekend.

Normally with pins a thumbtack is all I need to get it...not with the UPO.

Before I start I will say that I have a pin pusher on order right now.

Anyways I used a Craftsman 90 deg. pick

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_0...Specialty+Tools

I have a coaster made of heavy duty cork that is about 1/2" thick and shaped like well a coaster. I put the watch on my desk on its side with the side of the watch resting on a folded rag and the bracelet on its side on top of the cork. I was able to hold the pick and the watch head to stabalize it all. Once I lined up the pick into the hole I used the hinge area of my needle nose pliars as a hammer. It knocked the out of the link enough to grab it and pull it the rest of the way out with the pliars. Also using the cork the pin had a place to go once it started out of the other side. I had to remove a total of 3 links, once I did the first one, the last few went alot easier.

As the title say I received my UPO today from my personal dealer (very good one. I can share If I have more positive transactions with him, waiting for a Pam 127 Ultimate)

Ooohhh a personal dealer.... ?

Sounds awsome :p

The watch is exxelent by the way, with correct aligned bezel and everything. My dealer personally quality checks my watches before they get shipped...

What kind of trick did u pull off, to make that kind of friends.. :blink: I gladly take any advice.. ;)

Hehe. Its not like it sounds. I just got to talk to this very cool older chinese guy who sells watches on iOffer. I got my Pam ultimate for 300$ and the UPO for 350$ with pressure testing and quality control. Then he gave me the link to his store. He doesent have an overwhelming amount of watches, but the ones he have is in stock so he checks them himself before sending them out. SUPERFAST shipping and good followup. So hes not my PERSONAL dealer, but one who is perhaps so good we can use him all of us ;) Good knowledge of his merch and so on...

Did not mean to sound all goody good about it though... Sorry guys..

LOL we got our selves a new VIP up in this house :pimp:

just kidding! congrats on ur purchace, its a wonderful piece

and good luck with the pins, its an easy matter

cheers

lol u didn't sound like a anything, just a little RWG humor

the UPO is a very good choice

for this price it should have a swiss movement, did u check?!

Yup..... It looks very good :) Even keeps good time and all is well.... Im very pleased :wub:

Fixed the links last night. It was a pain in the neck.

Here is 2x wrist shots with my mobile. Quality sucks. My wrists are 7" Its really a HUGE watch, but I like it!!

post-21269-1239188496_thumb.jpg

post-21269-1239188505_thumb.jpg

Edited by ASCIWhite

Congrats on your new aquisition !!

it is a fine looking piece.. if you ever get around to getting on a chieftang AR run.. the genuine crystal is 200 + usd.. chiefs AR service is 50 to 60 usd.. and the AR is better quality..

But for now..

Live Strong and Wer it Well !!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani