When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ian Tomlinson

Demsey

Ok I'm missing something here, did he die from an injury from hitting the ground?

Yes it was over zealous by the policeman concerned as they could have easily herded him back into the pack, but he got up and walked away so he looked ok at that point.

Ken

Although I would like to think that I would join a peaceful protest on an issue that mattered to me, the fact that some Policemen (and women) treat it as an opportunity to 'get one in' on what start off as peaceful protesters deters me.

The worst thing is that if you dare to fight back or protest at such provocation, they will surely pile in, get a few more physical attacks in, and then arrest you for something!

I hope the officer involved in this debacle gets what's coming to him, and hopefully it will dissuade other officers of the same bent that people should be treated equally and respectfully, regardless of whether they look like that are part of a 'mob' or not.

[/rant]

Edited by Member X

If a member of the public had done this,then half an hour after the mans collapsed and died as in this case, you would be charge with assalt at first, then the charge would be manslaughter. You would then serve a minimum of 3.5 years.

He only wanted to go home, the other way, after selling his newspapers all day. Riot police, total wonkers.

Edited by baglc1

Ok I'm missing something here, did he die from an injury from hitting the ground?

Yes it was over zealous by the policeman concerned as they could have easily herded him back into the pack, but he got up and walked away so he looked ok at that point.

Ken

Here's some updated text on the story from WorldNews Ken;

News Alerts

In this morning news it states the policeman has been suspended and an investigation pending criminal charges has been instigated.

Dems as is often the case the main culprits in the mob violence are in fact professional protesters, many are not in fact British Nationals but have flown in from other countries to lead the protest.

At the end of the day there is as much emphasis on the fact that the G20 summits host many of the worlds leaders to these professionals as the genuine issues the larger (and more peaceful) part of the protest has.

Ken

As they say, these anti-globalization protests are now pretty much worldwide :p

I don't rate that policeman's chances for a sympathetic 'just doing your job' audience. The Met used their 'get out of jail free' card on shooting that Brazilian. And they've been caught out trying to hush this one up.

To cap a bad week for them, the top anti-terrorist policeman in the UK has just had to resign.

See if you can work out what how he screwed up....

robertquickassistantco0.jpg

bobquickarrivingatno001.jpg

Cornerstone, just out of interest, where did you find that pic? I haven't seen it posted anywhere!

Where else? I found it on an abandoned laptop on the train home. :animal_rooster:

Either that or in the Guardian. :p

I blame his secretary, or whoever typed it up. Look at the pathetic effort to write 'SECRET' on it, they haven't even used bold or underline. :animal_rooster:

Don't they use those big red 'top secret' stamps any more? I reckon if they did, he'd still be in a job. "Oh, yeah, better put this back in the folder.."

Or perhaps why not just have office stationary with secret written already written on it....have a secret laser printer, and a not-secret laser printer. I'm just sayin'

Jeez, I think half the members of this forum could run a better intelligence operation. Number 1: we all have the right watches. That's definitely covered. Plus we're able to communicate with people around the world. I'm able to speak English slowly in almost 110 countries, for instance.

Pretty much, if you can communicate with King, I reckon you're going to do just fine talking while waving a gun at people. :animal_rooster: