When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urgently Need Invoice Of A Pam 187

truzement

my 187, which I got from a watch trade with another member, was seized by customs.

I now got a letter that stated "after closer inspection by an Intelectual brand expert they (customs) concluded that my seized 187 is a real one.

I now have to proof that the watch has been bought in the Netherlands and has been sent over to hong kong for repairs and back to me.

is there someone who has an bill or invoice of a watch that could pass a bill from a 187 ?

maybe I still can get the watch back without paying a lot taxes.

Imagine the quality of the 187 if they dont see if its a fake

(maybe they do see its a fake and want to trick me into lying?)

what do you guys think??

if you think they are really going to do some serious checking, could serial numbers be an issue here (even if you are able to obtain a legit receipt)?

just a thought; wish i could help.

dt

i forgot to say that I got it from a trade

A MS word is the last option, I prefer a real invoice from a store or trader or so.

if they want to check it, it has got to hold up.

I never had this much trouble with a watch thank god. But if customs would ask these questions it would just be a write off for me.

I write off is the safest option. They'll check serial numbers. I don't believe an expert would accept a rep as genuine, sounds like a ploy to me.

IMHO, write it off. If you Go through a long song and dance you run the risk they build a file on you. If you win the battle and don't have to pay taxes you may lose the war as an importer of fake goods. You then run the risk you will be strip searched and anally probed every time you enter your country. Im kidding but not really.

Sorry, I know I made my last post, but I am the seller in this case and will most likely have to bear the loss unfortunately, so this is what I suggested:

Admit that it is fake and give them a Paypal invoice (any random replica purchase will do nicely), and tell them that it was imported legally because apparently Dutch customs allows importation of up to 3 counterfeit goods without seizure. It sounds like a set-up and entrapment into lying.

just fake a paypal invoice, I did it numerous times. if you dont know how to do it, let me know#

oh and btw. the smartest thing by the seller would have been to send it with a courier (eg. UPS), that way you dont get this kind of trouble.

Edited by slay

my 187, which I got from a watch trade with another member, was seized by customs.

I now got a letter that stated "after closer inspection by an Intelectual brand expert they (customs) concluded that my seized 187 is a real one.

I now have to proof that the watch has been bought in the Netherlands and has been sent over to hong kong for repairs and back to me.

is there someone who has an bill or invoice of a watch that could pass a bill from a 187 ?

maybe I still can get the watch back without paying a lot taxes.

Imagine the quality of the 187 if they dont see if its a fake

(maybe they do see its a fake and want to trick me into lying?)

what do you guys think??

I don't tell anybody how to mod watches - I don't have the expertise.

I do have the expertise to answer this question, and my very best advice to you is, DO NOT get your leg amputated over a splinter.

Do not lie, do not make up documents, do not file bogus docs provided by others -- unless, of course, grief and pain appeal to you.

I recommend you either:

1. Contact a lawyer, tell them the truth, and let them see what can be done (best choice)

2. Contact Customs person handling this and ask the relevant question, "Could I get in trouble for trading with a friend for a fake watch?" That is not a confession, that is not an admission - it is a simple question, and you will probably get an honest answer.

Since you may not have had a lot of experience dealing with law enforcement, let me mention that if you go with plan 2, DO NOT embarrass anybody by showing them the defects in the watch. Instead, tell them your friend told you it was some kind of special fake like nothing anyone ever saw before, but you really don't believe it could be real because you traded a $XXX dollar watch for it.

Embarrassing law enforcement officers is probably never a good idea; when they are holding you by the nuts, it is a very, very bad thing.

In any event, forget all that other silly [censored]. You simply cannot believe the number of criminal offenses you are contemplating, and the consequences appertaining thereto.

Bill

I do have the expertise to answer this question, and my very best advice to you is, DO NOT get your leg amputated over a splinter.

Do not lie, do not make up documents, do not file bogus docs provided by others -- unless, of course, grief and pain appeal to you.

I recommend you either:

1. Contact a lawyer, tell them the truth, and let them see what can be done (best choice)

2. Contact Customs person handling this and ask the relevant question, "Could I get in trouble for trading with a friend for a fake watch?" That is not a confession, that is not an admission - it is a simple question, and you will probably get an honest answer.

Since you may not have had a lot of experience dealing with law enforcement, let me mention that if you go with plan 2, DO NOT embarrass anybody by showing them the defects in the watch. Instead, tell them your friend told you it was some kind of special fake like nothing anyone ever saw before, but you really don't believe it could be real because you traded a $XXX dollar watch for it.

Embarrassing law enforcement officers is probably never a good idea; when they are holding you by the nuts, it is a very, very bad thing.

In any event, forget all that other silly [censored]. You simply cannot believe the number of criminal offenses you are contemplating, and the consequences appertaining thereto.

Bill

Great advice. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I like this advice, it makes sense. Like always give a tough opponent an easy way out if you're going to win, otherwise it'll cost you. :D

thanks for the great advise, I wont take the lying to far and get myself into trouble.

I recommend you either:

Bill

Bill's advice is sound......do not lie.....be truthful.......however go for the sympathy angle.....!

1. Tell them that you are a serious watch collector.......and that you bought this "reproduction"......never ever use the word fake or copy.........the word fake has too many adverse connotations......always use the word reproduction.

2. Tell them that the watch has an actual value in accordance with what you paid for it.......you can show them the amount that you paid...if you paid by Paypal or other discernible means......the fact that you bought it from another member and not a dealer will lend greater credence to your claim......do not direct them anywhere near this site....Admin I am sure like me will have a TZ or Chronocentric membership....you can tell them that you contacted him thru' TZ......if he agrees to that.

3. Tell them that the watch has been sent to you for evaluation......and that if they insist on full duty ....then you are not prepared to pay full duty on a reproduction item......and that you would prefer that they return it to it's rightful owner....and that you wish to refuse delivery of the item.

Don't go spinning any tales about invoices for repair etc etc.....that's a murky path to go down.....if you can't provide a genuine receipt from someone in HK......don't create one........Customs can usually tell by serial numbers etc ...whether the item was originally sold in the Netherlands.......Rolex for example.....if you look at a genuine Rolex certificate.....it has a 3 digit code that applies to the country of distribution.......I can't remember the code for the UK....I think it''s 155 or something....that tells a Customs officer in the UK that the watch is more than likely a UK purchase......I don't know if other manufacturers do the same.

Remember you haven't yet committed any crime.......all you've done is import a reproduction item that they have mistaken for genuine.......they are only after duty......not YOU.

Edited by TTK

This morning I telephoned the customs agent, who handling my seized 187 directly.

the customs were apparently comvinced that it was an original and they wanted proof that is was bought in the Netherlands, otherwise I had to pay a lot of taxes.

I rang the guy and told him it could not be an original one bacause I traded it with a friend who traveled a lot to asia. I told him that he bought the watch in Hong Kong.

The reason why it was sent to Hong Kong was because it had to be repaired at the bezelmarkers (reglued).

I said that the friend had the watch trough customs without a problem.

The customs agent told me that it was allowed to take up to three watches in person through customs.

Using the post or another way of sending it over the border is illigal and will result in seizure of the watch.

He had a picture of my watch there at hand and told me it was an exceptional piece, and if it was not an original one it had to be a display model from panerai itself (sure :g: )

If that was the case I would have to show him a paper from the manufacterer (panerai) telling them it was made with aproval of panerai :bangin:

Otherwise the watch would remain in customs and will be handed over to "De Domeinen" and then be destroyed :o

If I did not like it, I could take it to court.

I guess I wont do that.