When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Touneau Store

Birdman

The stores in NYC and Vegas are like amusement parks. You can't believe how big they are, and how many watches they have on display. Not a chance on the discount. You can get the standard 10% or so, but nothing like you'd get from worldofwatches.com or ashford.com . To be honest, I still wonder how Tourneau can stay in business with online retailers discounting so much these days.

The stores in NYC and Vegas are like amusement parks. You can't believe how big they are, and how many watches they have on display. Not a chance on the discount. You can get the standard 10% or so, but nothing like you'd get from worldofwatches.com or ashford.com . To be honest, I still wonder how Tourneau can stay in business with online retailers discounting so much these days.

The bright side about Tourneau is that they do accept trade-ins and sell used watches,where you can negogiate. Ashford and other similiar sites offer the same types of discount that most retailers would offer. The only upside ordering online is that there's no sales tax.

If your going to Naples go to Exquisite Timepiece they are south of Tourneau in The Village on Venetian Bay.

Super super nice guys. Thats where I purchased my Panerai. It is owned by two brothers and the service is far superior to Tourneau and the selecton is just as good. Lots of used watches also.

MG

No discount from Tourneau. At the New York Store I was looking to buy several watches at once (each worth anywhere from $4-7k a number of years ago, so real money). They offered me anywhere from 12-15% depending on the watch. I am a fan of Timezone and Watchnet. If you buy from known dealers you can typically achieve 40% on new and better on used. Of course you have the benefit of no sales tax. But Tourneau is a great place to look. The aggressive salespeople keep me out of there though. In NY I prefer Wempe and Cellini for browsing. If you are comfortable that you know what you are buying the 47th Street dealers occasionally have amazing deals.:)

No discount from Tourneau. At the New York Store I was looking to buy several watches at once (each worth anywhere from $4-7k a number of years ago, so real money). They offered me anywhere from 12-15% depending on the watch.

Not sure I get you. Is 12%-15% no discount? Here, no discount is 0% and a nasty stare for asking. I tried haggling in Louis Vuitton yesterday and couldn't even get 1% off, and I tried! I can normally haggle quite well, too.

Very cute. If you are getting a 10-15% discount off retail for an expensive watch you are paying too much. Dedicated watch sellers need to manage watch inventory carefully. On the LV if you were buying it at one of their stores it is simply another product and they don't discount much of anything except during sales. But I would suspect that if you are willing to wait until one of their storewide sales you can save up to 30-40%. At least that is true on clothes at LV in this country. Alternatively, hook up with an attractive woman who works at the store. They get a healthy discount and there may be other perks too. ;)

Tourneau is a great place to go for selection and to see the gen watches- however having dealt with them a lot for some of my gens, I really can't stand that store. Their overall knowledge is pretty horrid (at least in the San Jose store - NYC is very different) and their customer service is pathetic. Oh well, at least you can see and feel what you want - which is nice!

Not sure I get you. Is 12%-15% no discount? Here, no discount is 0% and a nasty stare for asking. I tried haggling in Louis Vuitton yesterday and couldn't even get 1% off, and I tried! I can normally haggle quite well, too.

Haggling in Louis Vuitton!!!! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard on this board!!!!!

:Jumpy:

Tourneau used to be a discount watch store when it was only in NYC- "Tourneau Corner", they called it. when they went national, they went completely retail.

You should have paid retail and asked the girl behind the sales corner out. In the US there are no unattractive salespeople in LV. :lol:

If I were single, wtf would I be doing in LV? :D

(oh, ok, it wasn't for Mrs Pugwash, it was for my brother's woman)