When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner, ceramic bezel

Mickey Padge

A delivery arrived for me today, from an off board dealer. Having seen some interesting posts and really reduced prices, I took the plunge with Tony from www.Asian7750.com.....

I purchased a Rolex Submariner, with an Asian clone 2836 and a ceramic ceramic bezel for only $143.00! ^_^

I really like the watch, check it out, what do you think? Click to expand:

dsc02349x.th.jpgdsc02351e.th.jpgdsc02352x.th.jpgdsc02353s.th.jpg

dsc02354dmk.th.jpgdsc02355r.th.jpgdsc02356i.th.jpgdsc02357h.th.jpg

dsc02355n.jpg

In case you are wondering, I brushed the bracelet, it came with polished mid links originally ;)

Tony is a good guy, I found him to be very helpful, but remember he is not a board sanctioned dealer!

Cheers! B)

What I can see looks good. How does the Hev look?

Thanks freddy333, for the price it is a steal! Really good quality, even when compared to the GMT2C, which I used to own B)

By HEV do you mean helium release valve? Because there isn't one, I thought that was the SeaDweller only?

Cheers! :D

That's a nice watch. Makes you wonder why they're struggling to get the bezel right on the DSSD. Maybe it's because there was no "genuine used as sample" available!

Thanks! :)

This watch has very nice proportions, whereas the DSSD looks strange to me, huge case, tiny lugs and bracelet. It's the main reason why I would never buy a DSSD, rep or gen :p

I believe that that Tony is also TonyXKF aka Watcheden, so in that regards, considered a sanctioned dealer on RWI, and under apprenticeship here :)

Awesome watch, what did you use to brush the mid-links? I picked up a dental kit in Poundland on a hunch, and the 'stain removing' tool, is excellent for re-finishing brushed SS ^_^ If you were to do the bezel mod as mentioned for the DSSD, I think you'll just make the watch look even more badass B)

I picked up a dental kit in Poundland on a hunch, and the 'stain removing' tool, is excellent for re-finishing brushed SS ^_^

is that a motorised one? my poundland is so crap it never has anything good in it, i will have to recheck in a couple of days

Edited by numptyj

is that a motorised one? my poundland is so crap it never has anything good in it, i will have to recheck in a couple of days

No, the whole kit was like a dentist would use, small angle-neck mirror, scraping utensil and stuff... The item in question, looks like an oversized marker pen nib... I'll get a photo of it :)

hehe, nah thats cool, ill have a look in me local one on thurs, see if i can pick one up. You know if there is any other sorta decent stuff in poundland for cleaning watches?

I wouldn't like to say, I expect they do sell cleaning products, but how suitable they'd be, I really couldn't say. I'm sure they'll sell Scotch pads though :D

It certainly doesn't look like a fantasy model anymore since you brushed out the polished center links. Obviously the ceramic bezel and gmt IIc case is a dead giveaway but it certainly looks good imo. Now if you did that to the blue ceramic version out now, it would look very gen like.