When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something Wicked This Way Came...

swdivad

Well, the postperson came a bit late today, but with her was this box, straight from Japan:

99138-26630.jpg

Please enjoy:

I could hardly wait... The hardwood box is very well made:

99138-26631.jpg

Lined in velvet, and polished by virgin geishas (in the spirit of the all elusive Eddie Lee lol) was the watch I've been yearning:

99138-26632.jpg

99138-26633.jpg

99138-26634.jpg

Here's a shot next to my 091:

99138-26635.jpg

And the very rare TRL was also present :yu::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

99138-26636.jpg

The buckle... Well I gotta say, thick as [censored] (sorry mods ;) )

99138-26637.jpg

On the wrist, it fits nice:

99138-26638.jpg

Overall quality of the watch is excellent, pushers and crown are screw down and feel perfect. The watch glows like a torch in the dark and has a beautiful sapphire crystal with AR coat.

The sandwich dial is of excellent quality and very legible.

The strap is very nice Connolly very thick, 4-5mm, the inside of the buckle is a tad sharp (not unfinished, just not rounded enough IMO), will have to buff down the edges, but it's surely the thickest and best made buckle I've seen...

I would recommend this watch to anyone who wants something a bit different to mainstream :yu::yu::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I guess it's a keeper then! Damn. I was hoping you'd tire of it quickly and pass it to me for a low-ball figure... :Jumpy:

Wear it well! I'll keep a look out for it next time I'm in Melbourne. Come to think of it I can see exactly where to find it. You might want to edit that photo...

Oooooh, very nice watch !!!!!!

Gerco

ps: your adress is visible, advise to remove from photo

• 1 month later...

Indeed a lovely watch. I would advise anyone to snap it up, as you get a genuine movement for the price as well as the quality control. Hard to find chronos at these prices that are this good!

And the luminosity is perfect. Charge up SuperLuminova and it glows brightly. The H3 tritium gas tubes constantly glow and you notice it in low level light. The 12 o'clock marker has an orange one to differentiate between the others so it is always easy to tell the time even if it's upside down :Jumpy:

Thanks to david, as he was the one who originally gave me all the info. :group:

This one went about a month ago, it is a lovely watch, just not quite for me...

You can usually get them for $800-900

Have a look on the Big Watch Forum also, they have them on from time to time, but they are pretty rare and out of production. There may be a waiting list being offered on the RXW site.

This one went about a month ago, it is a lovely watch, just not quite for me...

You can usually get them for $800-900

Have a look on the Big Watch Forum also, they have them on from time to time, but they are pretty rare and out of production. There may be a waiting list being offered on the RXW site.

What Big Watch Forum?

I liked the first post on this watch, but with the display caseback, I admit it is very tempting...

Display caseback and metal band make this a great deal :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mine has been sold already, so this is probably the only one available in the world at the moment. If you're looking to get this watch, this is the time as it will be more expensive anywhere else.

Display caseback and metal band make this a great deal :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Mine has been sold already, so this is probably the only one available in the world at the moment. If you're looking to get this watch, this is the time as it will be more expensive anywhere else.

This is not helping my tempation. :yeah: