When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Rep List

lanikai

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good idea Lani.

Some others that I can think of the top of my head - Concord C1, Chopard MM GTXL, B&M Rivera, FM Casablanca, Skyland, Super Avenger etc.

Man.. until we start naming um.... kinda forgotten how many great reps came out in the last 2 years.. :huh:

Maybe a list of the custom builders....DSN, Littlehero etc? Or what benefits you could expect buying from someone like that? Hell, I'm just brainstorming.

Brainstorming is a good thing.. it leaves questions that are not normally asked... answered..

I cannot speak for anyone ..

But I do believe we have only two modders that are proffesionals .. I will not mention usernames as you all know whom I speak of..

it's best to leave the mods to the modders that are "trusted" you would have to go straight to the source ..

I don't feel comfortable advertising for them.. and I don't believe we should..

Cheers

Lani

I'd be very glad to help out with setting up a nice review section. Just let me know!

I nominate the new BP 5004 w/ updated hands :)

If somehow we can get a team to collect all the reviews from the different sections and post the links to the pics.. that would be the

way to do this .. IMO..

they get lost .. and new members may not even know they exist..

I guess Our Goal is to make this as accessible and easy to cross reference

it will take manpower to get all this done.. so...

of course Halo.. your in..

thank you !!

Cheers

Lani

Oki if a list is made pls consider the following. Think about the power of this list. It will within a few weeks (probably) be WIDLEY known over the world (forums/blogs/finaly the media). Ppl will pay 15 bucks (short membership) just to be able to get ahold of that list. After a week it will be spread all over the Internet. When that happends dealers/the gen industri will/ might come down on you. Just think about the exposure you will get with this list outside this forum, is that what we want?

Sorry for beeing a party pooper but you/we really need to think about all aspects, not just helping n00bs like me.

Oki if a list is made pls consider the following. Think about the power of this list. It will within a few weeks (probably) be WIDLEY known over the world (forums/blogs/finaly the media). Ppl will pay 15 bucks (short membership) just to be able to get ahold of that list. After a week it will be spread all over the Internet. When that happends dealers/the gen industri will/ might come down on you. Just think about the exposure you will get with this list outside this forum, is that what we want?

Sorry for beeing a party pooper but you/we really need to think about all aspects, not just helping n00bs like me.

pssssst... check this out.. the rest of the world can click it too B)

http://www.jpc8118.com

I don't think we'll be giving out any vitals of our members..

Fantatic idea Lani! You always have a fine sensibility for the new members, and also the old members can benefit from this :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would candidate bklm modded GMT master II, correct stack (or incorrect hand stack if you wish, is the same). This can at least compare with the black Explorer II.

steve

On slask's point however: You can meta tag a thread so google will not index it. There is a difference between jpc's crap photos which tend to the hide the beauty and accuracy of his pieces versus what we could produce.

I've kind of had those same thoughts when I've seen rwg come up in many a google search. The whole site could be made non-indexed just as easily.

Is removing rwg results from search engines a good or bad idea, I'm not sure. Certainly there are pros and cons.

On slash's point however: You can meta tag a thread so google will not index it. There is a difference between pc's crap photos which tend to the hide the beauty and accuracy of his pieces versus what we could produce.

I've kind of had those same thoughts when I've seen rwg come up in many a google search. The whole site could be made non-indexed just as easily.

Is removing reg results from search engines a good or bad idea, I'm not sure. Certainly there are pros and cons.

Nothing that secures the Community is a bad idea...

Ok Slash and Rick ... I'll pass this on as I believe the Admin team has been discussing this very issue.

as a side.. the pics are taken by the maker..

But I don't believe you need to describe the images with these euphemisms.. regardless. -_- sorry.. but practicing some "Humility" never hurt..

IMO RWG is not about arrogance.. we do what we do and do it as a Community.

There is a difference between jpc's crap photos which tend to the hide the beauty and accuracy of his pieces versus what we could produce.

ok so i am guessing the term super rep means one that we can buy out of the box and it'll be accurate enough to be "passed as a gen".. ok im not suggesting u should but we have to draw a line here right? am i assuming the right definition of super rep? if so i reckon this is my list

- breitling chronomat evo v3 - graphite dial

- breitling skyland avenger v2 - black dial --> but lume can be hit and miss

- breitling super ocean heritage v2 automatic black dial - again lume can be hit and miss

- iwc topgun ceramic chrono

- rolex bkwm9 submariner

- rolex bkwm9 yachtmaster

- rolex ceramic GMTIIC

- davidsen 127e (in my opinion theyre close anyway)

- audemars piguet ROO secs @ 12 black theme (in my opinion once again)

- panerai for ferrari 008 chronograph

- panerai ultimate version pam104

- MBK patek aquanaut??? <-- i heard they're really accurate

- ulysse nardin MMC

- porsche design flat 6

im guessing thats all i can think of .. i dunno if u agree or not

bang for the bux

- rolex super sea dweller lite - cg, pearl and crystal mod

- rolex deep sea dweller v3

- breitling SOSF lite

cant think of other ones.

We"ll check with members whom actually own these in their collection, and are versed in the brand.. rather than going by word of mouth..

we need be careful of what we list as "Super"

We aren't collaborating on an encyclopedia.. but a general info for members ...

it's best to go by what members versed in the brand and have actually handled the genuine and own the rep ..

otherwise we could start corrupting the term "Super Rep"

ie. the IWC Ceramic Top Gun is a great looking rep.. but small details (IMO) leave it out of being a Super Rep. .. markers ... AR...

Most of us that actually own the Tag Aquaracer have had the Day-date wheel swapped to the genuine eta wheels.. it is noticable upon close inspection and is very bothersome to look at without the genuine eta wheels.. very thin font on the replication.

but we'll get the members versed in the brands .. such as Andrew (Breithling) ... as an example.

Lani

having handled a ym and skyland.. i can say that they're both wat i listed as superrep.. but then even then the bracelet of the skyland isnt really upto par with the gen.. so basing on these lil details ur referring to.. skyland shouldnt be considered as superrep.. members said breitling sosf should be considered.. but it is no where near the quality of the real thing.. to be honest i dont rate sosf at all compared to bce and skyland..

i can tell u tho graphite bce v3 is damn close and yes i've handled both. the only flaw is the pearl and even that is hard to tell since its small

thats wat i meant where do we cross the line as super rep? i mean wat i listed would wat i considered super rep.. but if you're talking more about very very very close then im guessing only the fer 008 will be considered as super rep?

Edited by arminvanbuuren

sorry i didn't know the term super-rep meant perfect replication..

ur right, they do have little to non-noticable flaws, but i got my info from reviews that had gens to compare to

it's OK MoP .. this hobby takes time to aquire knowledge and the best way to gain knowledge is through "first hand experience"

slow down... pics can be deceiving in that it depends largely on the lens angle ( certain angles can make the font and detail of the item look bigger)

when you start your collection and get to view the genuine first hand .. it can be like night and day..

there are some very, very good replications.. but for us to use the term "Super Rep" it has to be something very special.. IMO .. the term has gotten used very loosley in the past year..

Our standards here are high... the good reps are still very appreciated and by no means is anyone being snobbish... but the standards need to be kept at a certain level...

standards were high before I got here.. and that is why we gain great knowledge here.. B) .. because the level for achievment is such..

Aloha

Lani

I agree Lani....there are plenty of true super reps for us to start with that it makes sense to only include those reps that are truly something special. At some point we may want to expand to not only cover best value for the money, but also really popular reps that don't quite reach the super rep mark, but for now lets stick with the cream of the crop.

I wonder where this very clever and (by me) sought after project is at the moment ...

;)

It is tabled until we finish up other projects..

If you would like to 'Chair' this project .. your more than welcome to step up to the plate Steve... :)

All the pics are available in the reviews .... and assembling a team to assist you would not be a problem..

we need members to become involved in everything .. taking ownership is key to projects like these..

All the Best

L