When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Rep List

lanikai

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take responsibility of starting this if you'd like :)

Cheers,

H

Great HA.. taking ownership for your Community is what it's all about !!

I'm sure you will find members willing to assist you.. it'll take a lot of footwork.. so good luck and let us know if there is anythinbg you need..

Aloha~Cheers

L

I will take responsibility of starting this if you'd like :)

Cheers,

H

If I may put out some suggestions HA..

Other members that will bring "value added" could be asked to join this "team".. we are stressing team values and more members could be of great vlaue.. plus it's very rewarding to have numerous members involved.

we have a lot of vets that could be of greater vlaue too:

Andrew for Breitling since 08 was the year of Breitlings.

Pugs of course

Robbie G. UN

and numerous others for Rolex..

You are welcome to use any pics that I have posted.. and if you need others there are members whom have taken shots too.. Phoband... Bazz... Hike .. Robbie.. ammandel... on and on...

if you need a pic that is not posted .. just post a "support needed for pics"

If we work "together" we could create a detailed list of reps that could benefit the members old and new and the ones yet to join our community..

Let's work together on this.. and make it an RWG ..Best !!

anyone interested in being involved.. post your interest.. everyone has "something" to offer !! B)

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Guest Carl

It's all very well intentioned and I support that. I trust the intentions of the posters.

But until you can put a certain "superrep" with a certain "collector" who has shipped out a few to the members here, it is entirely theoretical.

One awesome rep does not a reputation make.

Things tend to move rapidly in this hobby.

Carl

Guest HaloArchive

Yes Sir Captian L!

I will be getting on this very quickly after this coming weekend. Mothers Day, some birthdays.. its all good :)

If anyone would like to see something extra, have any opinions, please post it!

Cheers :),

H

Breitling since 08 was the year of Breitlings.

Yes it was,i wonder who called that... :D

Great idea,many great reps out there,i would like to add the Graham Chronofighters as they are the best replica watches made,the V2 Tech Seal is the only watch that has given me a true gen feel along with look.

That Ebel that By-Tor goes on about seems as accurate as it gets and gets his stamp,gotta add that as well.

The Paul Picot Plunger (as i call it) is tops as well,some not so thought of watches that are very well made to add to the list of usuals. B)

Yes Sir Captian L!

I will be getting on this very quickly after this coming weekend. Mothers Day, some birthdays.. its all good :)

If anyone would like to see something extra, have any opinions, please post it!

Cheers :),

H

Andrew is our man for Breitling !! he spent 40 hours once doing a intense detailed review of Breitlings.. that would be essential in using for the list.

Ammandel has multi talents as well as a lot of the newer contibuting members..

this is not a project that we can rush.. it should be something that RWG will be proud to pin !

and with the support of members.. maybe we can coax DBR (doc) to add his eloquent verbage .. and Omni ... to name a few of the charter members... this would be after the pics are ready..

I just went back in my files.. some of the pics of the Grahams and Paul P.. and MontB. could be redone.. but we have the images for all of 08 and beyond.. Porsche Flat 6 etc.

We hav eso much energy here .. not to use it would be a waste..

suggest we go with our "Home Team" on this one..

looking forward to your quarterbacking this one HA !!!

A~C

Lani

@Carl... I respect your thought.. although I don't fully understand it's point ..

but I tend to go with the "doers" that take action and not the "theorist" that talk...

peace

L

L, maybe will have have too look at your watches'

so we can remember the super reps..! You've got them all...

Maybe A dream one day... :partytime:

MM

Yes Sir !!

did I tell you ...

you must be a part of this since you have been here ... *Cough*... awhile... :p

maybe someday .. a extended family pic of my babies.,... :D

Keep it goin MM... B)

L

Hi All, I'm a noob to RWG.

Enough talk, Let's do it... ! :p

Many, many years ago I started my watch addiction with reps and over time I went to gen. I's been 4 plus years since I've even thought about a rep.

Some of the reps I've seen on RWG are incredible.

I've often wished I could wear a watch for a couple weeks before bit the bullet for a gen. Getting a rep would let me do just that at a fraction of the price.

A list of Super Reps would help me tremendously.

Hi All, I'm a noob to RWG.

Enough talk, Let's do it... ! :p

Many, many years ago I started my watch addiction with reps and over time I went to gen. I's been 4 plus years since I've even thought about a rep.

Some of the reps I've seen on RWG are incredible.

I've often wished I could wear a watch for a couple weeks before bit the bullet for a gen. Getting a rep would let me do just that at a fraction of the price.

A list of Super Reps would help me tremendously.

Welcome houston !!

you have arrived to this community at a great time.. we are enjoying replications that have improved at a fast rate.

browse the forum.. and you will see what I mean.. and as far as tech knowledge... members here have much to offer..

@ arminvanbuuren ... the best way to give back would be to upgrade to supporter... if your so inclined.. it equates to mere pennies a day..

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

If I can make another suggestion: the best "noob" reps list in addition to the super reps. Many noobs, myself included, start of with a much cheaper watch than the super reps, especially given the state of the economy. Not everyone wants, or has the capacity, to drop $300 - $400 on a rep as a first step into the hobby. There are no current reviews aggregated in one place for the lower-priced reps, even though many of them would make noobs who are not sticklers for accuracy quite happy. I'm waiting for my first rep, a "low rent" one, and it took a lot of work to figure out what to get.

Now that is one hell of a good idea! Alltho none are super reps there are some damn good reps under a couple of hundred bucks and some real dross as well. Sorting the wheat from the chaff is not easy especialy when a lot of the time the folk buying these cheaper reps are not as well versed in reps (read noobs) as those buying the more expensive stuff.

Lanikai: If you wanna make it a interfora effort them by all meens we would love to help.

Col.

Now that is one hell of a good idea! Alltho none are super reps there are some damn good reps under a couple of hundred bucks and some real dross as well. Sorting the wheat from the chaff is not easy especialy when a lot of the time the folk buying these cheaper reps are not as well versed in reps (read noobs) as those buying the more expensive stuff.

Lanikai: If you wanna make it a interfora effort them by all meens we would love to help.

Col.

Hey Col.

I should clarify our intent ..... as far as the "term" Super Rep ...

I think we can all agree that the "Super Rep" is somewhat of an anomoly .. we have come to use the term rather loosely.

I believe what the intent of this "list" is ...... would be to create the best of the best reps and also "good" but not great reps for the price..

as an example the BP 5002 and 5004 are not "great" .. they are good and we have been waiting a long time for a 'decent' BP to be replicated, and for the price it is a very good rep to have on the list.

perhaps... "Best of the Best" should be the header and that would be inclusive of price and quality also..

I'm sure the gang here would work well with your Boyz ... as long as we can coordinate and know what each "hand is responsible for"

it's something to look forward to...

but instead of calling it an interfora.. why not just have your crew register here and we can become "1" for this project instead of 2 seperate entities... however you feel and your crew feels comfortable.. I'm sure we'll team up well together !

Respectfully,

Lani

Col.

Hey Col.

I should clarify our intent ..... as far as the "term" Super Rep ...

I think we can all agree that the "Super Rep" is somewhat of an anomoly .. we have come to use the term rather loosely.

I believe what the intent of this "list" is ...... would be to create the best of the best reps and also "good" but not great reps for the price..

as an example the BP 5002 and 5004 are not "great" .. they are good and we have been waiting a long time for a 'decent' BP to be replicated, and for the price it is a very good rep to have on the list.

perhaps... "Best of the Best" should be the header and that would be inclusive of price and quality also..

I'm sure the gang here would work well with your Boyz ... as long as we can coordinate and know what each "hand is responsible for"

it's something to look forward to...

but instead of calling it an interfora.. why not just have your crew register here and we can become "1" for this project instead of 2 seperate entities... however you feel and your crew feels comfortable.. I'm sure we'll team up well together !

Respectfully,

Lani

That Ebel that By-Tor goes on about seems as accurate as it gets and gets his stamp,gotta add that as well.

I have one of those. And have seen the Gen in Switzerland. And even knowing the difference I found it hard to spot.

Guess it may need a service though, as the power reserve has been a bit tempermental.

Also have noted that mine as well as most pictures I have seen show a small gap between the dial and the chapter ring from the 10 to the 1 o'clock position.

So perfect it ain't. - But very good though!

Yes it was,i wonder who called that... :D

ahhh... I think RWG as a whole called that one Dave.... every Breitling rep was reviewed by someone here.. so it was quite obvious that 2008 was the year for Breitling reps !

It's like the barn being painted red... everyone knows it's red so no one really has to "Call it" ... cause we already know it.. :lol:

btw.. how many Breitlings did you review ?? :whistling:

Guest Carl

"@Carl... I respect your thought.. although I don't fully understand it's point ..

but I tend to go with the "doers" that take action and not the "theorist" that talk..."

Thanks for your reply Lani.....

Perhaps it was me who was not quite specific enough. If so. I apologize now.

Let me get more specific and let me know if I am still a bit hazy to you.

To me it all seems amazingly and nebulously theoretical so far.

When will we get a "doer" who can actually connect the theoretical "superrep" with a buyer?

Can you do it? Will anybody do it?

Until someone can do it, "superreps" will be more difficult to find than gens.

Carl

"@Carl... I respect your thought.. although I don't fully understand it's point ..

but I tend to go with the "doers" that take action and not the "theorist" that talk..."

Thanks for your reply Lani.....

Perhaps it was me who was not quite specific enough. If so. I apologize now.

Let me get more specific and let me know if I am still a bit hazy to you.

To me it all seems amazingly and nebulously theoretical so far.

When will we get a "doer" who can actually connect the theoretical "superrep" with a buyer?

Can you do it? Will anybody do it?

Until someone can do it, "superreps" will be more difficult to find than gens.

Carl

ok .. I tried to clarify ..

"Super Rep" .. is probably the incorrect euphamism ... I think "best of the best" would be more to the point..

no need to apologize .. but if you would like to join in the creation of this and turn the negative into a positive for the Community.. it would be well appreciated I'm sure..

so instead of saying what isn't possible why not do what is..

Ya never know until you give it a shot...

all is just a play on semantics actually .. mental masturbation so to speak... that's what happens when people play chess matches alone.. :lol:

I tend not to think to heavily on what is not.. and what cannot... but rather what we can accomplish.. simple excersize .. I try and keep it that way.. B)

Guest Carl

Lani-

Thanks for your reply.

I have always been for the positive, here and elsewhere.

But you need to clarify if you post is about "super" watches of the distant past and now unavailable generally, or whether there are the "best of the best" available somewhere today.

If your intent was to assemble a history class about watches, I have no problem with that and let's get it going.

This is the place for it.

But if the thread was about the best of the best available today, why can't we noobs ask about them and where they might be bought.

Otherwise it's just the masturbation thing you spoke of.

I'm always looking for my next watch and am willing to listen.

Carl

Lani-

Thanks for your reply.

I have always been for the positive, here and elsewhere.

But you need to clarify if you post is about "super" watches of the distant past and now unavailable generally, or whether there are the "best of the best" available somewhere today.

If your intent was to assemble a history class about watches, I have no problem with that and let's get it going.

This is the place for it.

But if the thread was about the best of the best available today, why can't we noobs ask about them and where they might be bought.

Otherwise it's just the masturbation thing you spoke of.

I'm always looking for my next watch and am willing to listen.

Carl

I did clarify that Carl.. this is about discussing and taking action to produce a "list" for the best reps..

yup, I'll be the first to say.. I'm not perfect in anything I do..

but I'm not going to change the header.. it really is "Manini".. what we in Hawaii refer to (a very small reef fish) that is pretty much not a big deal..

the thread if you have the time to read it all evolved into a guide of the best reps .. and good reps for the price..

No sense in redoing the thread.. "super rep" .. unsuper rep.. great rep.. good rep.. sheesh.. "No big thing"

so .. I believe we are on the same page.. as I too at times don't read through the entire thread..

so no right or wrong here..

you are very welcomed to "Join" in .. with the details of this project .. we can never enlist enough support for our community..

after all .. we're all trying to "Improve" and I speak for myself...

so join in my friend.. !!

Let's do this together ~ :D

Lani

• 2 months later...

Guys,

This really sounded like a great idea. Was this happening and I missed it? I am still rather new here and not a real expert yet, that will take a long time.... Looking at all of the experience collected here on the forum to get better. I just acquired a SOSF white dial, Swiss eta, and am really impressed. Should be on the list.

JR

I just realized that Lani is out of commission. Now I understand why this probably fell off the radar. He has a lot more important things to focus on,..like getting well. Looking forward to seeing you get back! Sorry for the nag. :mellow:

JR