When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Bracelets: A Bit Cheap.... Am I Right?

ryaku

I don't know the last generation of PO.

Then I cannot express a judgment.

My PO has a very soft bracelet on the wrist despite the weight.

Difference is immediately noticed to the wrist.

The watch slips well on the skin without bothers.

The various parts are well work and well round.

The clasp has not needed retouches and correctly closes.

On the TAG HEUR I don't make comments because I have started to also dream

the tag the night therefore they are to the point that I soon will order it....

the problem is when.... however always too late considering that I have fallen in love :wub: for TAG !!!!

I own both the po and the tag link, and the link is far and away the better bracelet. The po has alot of sharp edges and is a bit cheap feeling on the design of the clasp. It has good weight to it but the link is so much smoother and the clasp is beautiful. It has a very tight feel whereas it feels as if the po may come unclasped while i am wearing it. The tag is such a beauty of a rep i will probably buy a few just in case they stop making them. I was not the biggest tag fan but this watch really has won me over. Solid in every aspect and we will just have to see how the 7750 holds up over time.

I felt in love with Tag too and i'm considering to get another colour. Are we insane? :p

the 4th gen PO bracelet is heavy but looks horrible! there is a HUGE gap between the endlinks and 1st links! compare the pictures with my gen. BTW the aqua terra rep bracelet is very good as with eddies bond smp i just got with pins!

flavor flav is there much difference beetween gen and rep bracelet? I'm curious (i saw genuine Po several times but i don't remember bracelet quality construction.

We have similar tastes, i also love aqua terra. :)

ryaku, I completely disagree. My SMP, SM GMT and Aquaterra bracelets are among the best of my reps.

If you had a PO maybe you'd change your mind.

Aqua terra bracelet is better, definetely, but still not at excellence standard imho.

I don't know the last generation of PO.

Then I cannot express a judgment.

My PO has a very soft bracelet on the wrist despite the weight.

Difference is immediately noticed to the wrist.

The watch slips well on the skin without bothers.

The various parts are well work and well round.

The clasp has not needed retouches and correctly closes.

On the TAG HEUR I don't make comments because I have started to also dream

the tag the night therefore they are to the point that I soon will order it....

the problem is when.... however always too late considering that I have fallen in love :wub: for TAG !!!!

MAHLER you have a different PO: yours is from PT/King manufacturer, mine is the well known 4th gen.

I suspect yours has a higher quality. :g:

Also my PO bracelet is very comfortable. :)

Ryaku, The Tag has a great bracelet. It's a leap of logic to say therefore the Omega's are cheap. In fact, they are almost exact to original.

I think the same.

Tag Link spoilt me. :p

My genuine vintage bracelet on my 1967 Seamaster300 is every bit as flimsy and 'cheap' feeling as any of my hollow Oyster bands...

:bleh:

99929-26473.jpg

99929-26474.jpg

99929-26475.jpg

Actually, perhaps it's a bit MORE flimsy than my Oysters.

But, modern Omega bands are far better, and are indeed much nicer than Rolex bands. Much more durable, heavy, etc.

I felt in love with Tag too and i'm considering to get another colour. Are we insane? :p

flavor flav is there much difference beetween gen and rep bracelet? I'm curious (i saw genuine Po several times but i don't remember bracelet quality construction.

We have similar tastes, i also love aqua terra. :)

If you had a PO maybe you'd change your mind.

Aqua terra bracelet is better, definetely, but still not at excellence standard imho.

MAHLER you have a different PO: yours is from PT/King manufacturer, mine is the well known 4th gen.

I suspect yours has a higher quality. :g:

Also my PO bracelet is very comfortable. :)

I think the same.

Tag Link spoilt me. :p

I reiterate my previous agreement with your observations. I have tag link and kirium bracelets and they feel more substantial than my SMP. Don't get me wrong, i like the SMP, even the appearance of the bracelet, but the Tag's feel more solid and have better 'heft'

Well, I'm just sitting here fiddling with the bracelet of my PO 4th gen from Andrew.

I think the bracelet itself is not that bad, but the clasp and divers extension is a joke....

The extension is not "snapping" to the clasp at all when closed.

As for the clasp itself:

I always fear it will snap open as it does sometimes.

I have already opened the push button mechanism and tried to fix it, but to no avail.

It annoys me so much that the PO get's very little wristtime at all. :angry:

I'm sure of that, unfortunately i have no omega with those bracelets. :huh:

I could replace my PO bracelet with one of em. :)

I have a gen Seamaster GMT. The bracelet on that gen watch is the 5 link. It is incredible. I am thinking about replacing my PO bracelet with the one from this link - similar to the one in the picture. I never linked the PO bracelet look to begin with. What you you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Seamaster-Pro-St...1QQcmdZViewItem

I agree with the post that says the PO bracelet is a joke. The extension does not click and stay shut, the endlinks are off, etc. I just want to be rid of it at this point. Luckily - I like the watch.

I have a gen Seamaster GMT. The bracelet on that gen watch is the 5 link. It is incredible. I am thinking about replacing my PO bracelet with the one from this link - similar to the one in the picture. I never linked the PO bracelet look to begin with. What you you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Seamaster-Pro-St...1QQcmdZViewItem

I agree with the post that says the PO bracelet is a joke. The extension does not click and stay shut, the endlinks are off, etc. I just want to be rid of it at this point. Luckily - I like the watch.

I had the same idea.

I'll ask a dealer to source me a spare omega bracelet with my next watch. :)

If you try the GMT bracelet on your PO let us know how things go. :)