When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

187, my way...

pbdad

Oh My.... what an amazing watch!! Really nice. what kind of coating is this? normal pvd? Seems a bit more thick coating is that correct?

We demand more pictures!!! :clap::clap2: Super nice. Is that chiefs AR, the dial looks so good. Did you also have it relumed or is that the next step?

congrats, really awesome.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

It's actually duracoated as Avitt and I determined DLC/PVD to not be feasable with the mutli-piece bezel markers.

The double AR was done by my local optometrist and cost $30!

no man, no 7753 in this one. I think it was just the angle shot.

and yes, a lume job is in my future!

thanks again for the props!

p.s. more pics to come...

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

It's actually duracoated as Avitt and I determined DLC/PVD to not be feasable with the mutli-piece bezel markers.

Hi pbdad,

The finish is fascinating - please elaborate on the duracoating process!!

EDIT: Having checked what duracoat is, I wonder if you beadblasted or sanded the pieces prior to application?

Thanks!!! MG

very nice PVD! doesn't look like a sunken datewheel, is that a 7753 under the hood?

There's a significant amount of shadow in that photo, as the DW is as sunken as it gets - clearly a stock 7750. The gen movement or 7753 would be much more flush to the dial window totally eliminating most if not all shadow.

Always nice to see individual 'stealth' mods like this - the specific coating used here is not to my taste (too thick) but the concept is a good one, and the pig buckle is a very nice finishing touch. Wear it well.

• 1 month later...

The double AR was done by my local optometrist and cost $30!

Holy jeez! Tell us more! I love chief and all, but we're just seeing spring where I live, and I bet there'll be snow on the ground again before I can get a crystal to him and back.

Do you have any other ARed crystals to compare with?