When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another PAM Project Completed. Over a Year in the Making

vlydog

My first quick photo... just back from the post office.

replicawatches177.jpg

This project would have never gotten off the ground without the help and advice of the following members:

Vaccum

PAMman

t

Kruzer00

V

avitt

chinkiechunkie

ubiquitous

kelster

fishgodeep

rolli

pizzanooo

dluddy

toomuchgear

ssurfer

peepshow

The Zigmeister

Thank to all and RWG

Time for Project No.2 and sell that beauty to me.... B)

My first quick photo... just back from the post office.

replicawatches177.jpg

This project would have never gotten off the ground without the help and advice of the following members:

Vaccum

PAMman

t

Kruzer00

V

avitt

chinkiechunkie

ubiquitous

kelster

fishgodeep

rolli

pizzanooo

dluddy

toomuchgear

ssurfer

peepshow

The Zigmeister

Thank to all and RWG

Looking good smoking good if i may add B)

U can call this one "the dark knight" ;) cant go past the list of members who contributed one way or another, nevertheless a true testament of great and knowledgeable mebers RWG community jumping in to help with completion of the piece :)

Wear it well and post some more pictures ;)

LAZ

Vaccum

PAMman

t

Kruzer00

V

avitt

chinkiechunkie

ubiquitous

kelster

fishgodeep

rolli

pizzanooo

dluddy

toomuchgear

ssurfer

peepshow

The Zigmeister

Thanks to all and RWG

This story begins with me courting PAMman for a set of really nice parts that he was thinking of selling. First communications quickly showed him that I was interested but I am not sure he was 100% certain he wanted to part with these fine trinkets. Well persistence paid off and the "dark knight" project was off and running.

The parts that were sourced from PAMman that made it to the watch were:

Jimmy Fu Case

Davidsen Crystal and Case-back

Zero Dial and Hand-set

Next came a 1:1 Crown Guard from V

The Zigmeister then stepped in for the initial parts fitting and case-back scrubbing to remove the black paint.

In the mean time I searched for a Genuine crown. Kruzer00 had a spare SS auto crown and generously passed it on.

The genuine Panerai lug screws can from chinkiechunkie.

The assembled shell, crown, lug screws and gen buckle were then sent off to member avitt where they received their beautiful DLC'd armor.

The heart of "the knight" is beating with a beautiful movement from t or tourby as most of us have come to know him.

000DLCMovement.jpg

t had his watch-smith mill the winding stem so it would accept the .9mm threads for the auto crown.

All the dark lustrous parts were then shipped to vaccum. Vac applied his magic to the dial and hands with his precision vac-lume, reassembled the parts and then sent "the dark knight" on his way.

All the other members mentioned who did not contribute parts or labor certainly provided a wealth of information, guidance, critique and moral support that I will be forever grateful for.

More to come...