When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first automatic came with a surprise...

cheswick

So I just received my first keeper rep, a DSSD v3 with the ETA copy movement. As I was removing a couple links to size the bracelet I heard a funny noise inside the watch. So I got the duct tape out and voila! The rotor is sitting in here loose. So my question is, is this something I can fix? If so, how do I it?

post-13641-1242248734_thumb.jpg

post-13641-1242248763_thumb.jpg

Thanks all!

Solid watch by the way, can't wait to get wearing this puppy. :)

It would need pressing on to the center, you may be able to do it you self by taking the center off and use a flat surface like a bit of glass, lay it top side down, put the rotor over it and use a small socket as a press that is just a touch bigger then the hole in the rotor and gently tap it on then see how secure it is. or get another ETA rotor and center?

In that you just received the watch, you should contact your dealer for advice and instructions. I would not attempt the repair unless you are familiar with the procedure and possess proper tools to accomplish it. You might do more harm than good. If you are unable to locate a local rep friendly watch repairman in your area, send it back to the dealer. It may take a while but it is preferable to a damaged watch movement.

Edited by jdavis

It seems that the rotor part is defective. Afraid it will fall off again soon or later even you have it now pressed back in place. Obvioulsy the centre hole of the rotor is already to big which explains why it fell out. To fix the problem completely you will need a new rotor assembly. Gluing is not the solution.

It's not that common at all. However, check out Francisco's thread below on gluing the assembly together:

Francisco's ETA Rotor Mod Tutorial

actually, its very common with cheaper reps. I'm taking about asian movements though :p

I've had a couple that had this problem, anytime the rotor spun either way, annoying clicking sounds.. I was guessing some winding clogs are worn down instead of the rotor in mine, and I still think they are as the rotor was tight... :(

This is supposed to be the higher end ETA copy rather than the cheap 21j movement. I haven't heard of too many problems with the ETA copy.

This is definitely the ETA copy, it's very smooth and I've seen the stamping on the movement: ETA 2836