When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I am in a strange mood today

ubiquitous

I dunno what it is... Maybe the caffiene (by 8:30 this morning, I've had a coke and 3 cups of coffee), maybe the end of a long, stressful week... Maybe a lack of sleep? But I am just slap happy(!).

I was just stomping around the office to some strange techno song playing on my playlist; a watch on each wrist and slightly foaming at the mouth. Does that sound normal?

I know what it is... I need to buy something. You know... Being a compulsive buyer and whatnot, I always have to be buying something. My left eye will start twitchng if I don't.

What would you guys buy? I've been out of the hobby for so long, I am not certain what's out these days that's worth looking at. Anything?

Love,

Ubi

I dunno what it is... Maybe the caffiene (by 8:30 this morning, I've had a coke and 3 cups of coffee), maybe the end of a long, stressful week... Maybe a lack of sleep? But I am just slap happy(!).

I was just stomping around the office to some strange techno song playing on my playlist; a watch on each wrist and slightly foaming at the mouth. Does that sound normal?

I know what it is... I need to buy something. You know... Being a compulsive buyer and whatnot, I always have to be buying something. My left eye will start twitchng if I don't.

What would you guys buy? I've been out of the hobby for so long, I am not certain what's out these days that's worth looking at. Anything?

Love,

Ubi

haha no it doesnt sound quite right! :p

personally atm I've started looking at some of the Replica accessories that are available on the boards and possibly looking to get my first UPO :D

ROFL! I had to fabricate that one to see if:

1) Anyone would be paying attention

2) To meet the criteria of 'strangest' item used to mod a watch

Think that would probably most certainly maybe qualify as odd :wacko:

I've been scouring the net this morning, looking for something interesting to build. So far, I'm where I started this morning- No new projects. The thought of doing a B-UHR Flieger style watch sounds fun... Or an old diver project like a FF style or Doxa Sub... I was also maybe thinking of trying to find an old Seiko 62MAS...

Had a quick look at some of the stuff out there from the usual dealers... Seems as though most of it is status quo for now...

I've been scouring the net this morning, looking for something interesting to build. So far, I'm where I started this morning- No new projects. The thought of doing a B-UHR Flieger style watch sounds fun... Or an old diver project like a FF style or Doxa Sub... I was also maybe thinking of trying to find an old Seiko 62MAS...

I've been scouring the net this morning, looking to see who Johnny Holmes is.....i guess it's not the local radio presenter from BBC Radio Nottingham? BBC Radio

Hmmmm... COMEX dial is going to be pretty difficult to source. I recall seeing one last Summer with hands- $58K US. At that price, I think it would be better just to buy a complete DRSD PP, or 1655 and a 6263...

Standard 1665 dials are easier to find and a little less expensive- Say only $1k-ish for a white if you want to go that route? Or $800 for a Lumi RSC service dial...

COMEX dial is going to be pretty difficult to source. I recall seeing one last Summer with hands- $58K US

holy smokes batman :surrender:

Standard 1665 dials are easier to find and a little less expensive- Say only $1k-ish for a white if you want to go that route?

i've definitely thought long and hard about this option; i'm pretty torn to be honest -- i may just end up selling it as is :unsure:

deltatahoe

Love,

Ubi

:g: ...... blowjob could work

Sounds like Swine Flu to me. ;)

Love,

Ubi

I get an itch that can only be soothed by a new aquisition..

Ahhhhh, it's sooooo good to know that this behavior is totally NORMAL !!!! B).. Well, at least with "Our Culture" :p

I did happen to leave the house once with a watch on each wrist ( i try and keep a certain number of pieces wound and my winders are full) i was wondering why i was getting strange looks at the Market <_< .. I had to do a quick removal into the pocket action.. ^_^

A Doxa~Black Lung .. how cool would that be !!

But what ever it is .. it going have to be rare.. unique .. and if not genuine.. a superb franken .. built by you no doubt.. ;)

A~C

Lani

Yeah... I've been eyeing one for a long time. Not sure the exact one though (I think the Sub300T?); whichever one Dirk Pitt wears...

Ahhhhhhhh, now we're getting somewhere! (rubbing my hands together)

The newer ones a' la Pitt are made in China for the most part. Overpriced and boring. :thumbdown:

What you want is a Sub 300 with the domed crystal. That'll get your creative juices flowing!

Ahhhhhhhh, now we're getting somewhere! (rubbing my hands together)

The newer ones a' la Pitt are made in China for the most part. Overpriced and boring. :thumbdown:

What you want is a Sub 300 with the domed crystal. That'll get your creative juices flowing!

BA- Yes, yes... You know how much I love those domed plexis!! I think my first fascination for these things came about when Arthur was talking about them some time ago. What I wouldn't give for his collection! At the time, I think I was helping him with a DW... And, I never really researched the Doxas properly. I'll have to see if I can dig up some old threads I saved that he posted (I think from over on that one forum you don't like). Hopefully those URLs still work.

BTW... Any pics of your Doxa BL?