When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Last Sub I will Ever Put On ~ Ubi Franken

lanikai

*Homer Simpson moment*

Mmmm, snowflake.... :wub:

Congrats to both proud owner and generous maker - two top gents in my book.

Lani, I agree it'll be hard to get this baby off your wrist for a good while. I'll therefore kindly offer my services to 'house' the rest of your collection in the meantime. No, honestly, no need to thank me :D

*Homer Simpson moment*

Mmmm, snowflake.... :wub:

Congrats to both proud owner and generous maker - two top gents in my book.

Lani, I agree it'll be hard to get this baby off your wrist for a good while. I'll therefore kindly offer my services to 'house' the rest of your collection in the meantime. No, honestly, no need to thank me :D

Your loyalty to the forum is without quesdtion Doc... *sigh* :king:

you tempt me to take that group shot of my entire collection and give . to ya for the archives.. :thumbdown::good:

but if I ever let go of soem prized pieces you will be the first to know..problem is.. everytime I try ...and try..... I cannot get past the 'try" part :lol:

Pre V Posted Today, 04:53 AM

Nothing like a Tudor Sub with the Ubi touches!

Lani, your growing Tudor "primo selectas" is slowly making me cross over....now I need to get my wallet cracking on a Monte Carlo 7031/2.

If you haven't dealt with Phong yet.. he is quite a character.. and a screwball at times.. he cracks me up ... Big Time !!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If Ubi Dosen't mind me sharing this.. he is alway's getting the 2 of us mixed up .. (without either of us telling him we are friends)

When I first sent him an email regarding the Monte Carlo.. he replied... then the bartering started..

He then emailed me .. and in hisemail (with suspicious written inflection aske),... why are you emailing me and using 2 different email addy's ?? and he sent me Ubi's email addy.. sheesh !!!.. I live in Hawaii ..... Ubi in CONUS.. !! I explained that we are 2 different people although we know each other..

When my replacemant (correct bezel) was put on months later.. he emailed Ubi... stating that it was ready to be shipped ..

Y0u'll have fun if you ever talk to him on the phone :D

Egads... Talking to Phong on the phone. That is a riot! He's a super nice guy... But definitely a character!

:lol: .... yeah .. even after I explained to him about the logistics of the email addy';s.. when I was on the phone with him.. he was still suspicious ...

like I was trying to "trick" him in some way... gave me a chuckle the whole day long... I still wonder if he "gets it " or he's still trying to figure out how one person can have to email addy's from different IP's :whistling:

I gotta be careful.. this morning driving over the mountain I kept glancing at the beautiful dial...taking my eyes off the road inadvertantly .. :g:

I feel my other watches are like that car rental commercial... "he looked back.. I know he did".. (as he walks away with the Tudor)... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

This is just an amazing piece, congratulations!! May you wear your Sub in the best of health :)

Question for Ubi ( I did some basic searches, nothing came up yet) what case did you start off with with this project?

I am upgrading my car, which means my gen 14060 will go, to help fund the car. So I'm thinking about what rep will replace it.. just love the look of these Tudors, so think I'll head in this direction.

Be nice if I could buy a rep to wear whilst I collect the bits I'll need to mod it.

Question for Ubi ( I did some basic searches, nothing came up yet) what case did you start off with with this project?

For this particular project, I used:

-MBW 5513 case

-Genuine Tudor 9411 LePrelet dial

-Genuine Tudor hands

-ETA 2783

-Gen Cyclope 125

-Genuine insert

-Genuine crown/tube

The MBW case had been drilled and CG's shaped by the master Zigmeister (he always does a much better job at that stuff than I ever could).

My own 9411 mirrors the same set set up with a gen 78360 bracelet, 580 end links and 93150 clasp. Lani put his on a gen 93150 bracelet/clasp and 580 end links I think (when he's not using it on a G10).

Hope this helps...

:)

R

For this particular project, I used:

-MBW 5513 case

-Genuine Tudor 9411 LePrelet dial

-Genuine Tudor hands

-ETA 2783

-Gen Cyclope 125

-Genuine insert

-Genuine crown/tube

The MBW case had been drilled and CG's shaped by the master Zigmeister (he always does a much better job at that stuff than I ever could).

My own 9411 mirrors the same set set up with a gen 78360 bracelet, 580 end links and 93150 clasp. Lani put his on a gen 93150 bracelet/clasp and 580 end links I think (when he's not using it on a G10).

Hope this helps...

:)

R

Oh man.... :drool: