When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received my DSSD - Awful experience!

seadweller3

Well... after waiting in anticipation for my "latest version/V5 etc." DSSD, it arrived this morning. After unpacking, I notice that the luminous pip dot is missing. I look thoroughly through all of the packaging and it is nowhere to be found. I figure, "OK... I can get a replacement from one of the gents on the forum and re-attach". So then upon further inspection, I decide to check out the lume. Well... guess what?... the hands are blue and the markers... GREEN! :angry:

WTF!!!! This is supposed to be the latest and greatest version! To add insult to injury, this was for my brother's B'day this Friday. Now, I'm screwed.

I am not disclosing the dealer's name as I want to give them ample oppotunity to respond to me.

OK... I need to calm down now and figure out another present for my bro. :black_eye:

Well, here is the dealers initial reply:

"Please take a picture of the lume if it varies from my picture I will be amazed! All the DSSD are initially aqua and then turn blue in about 30 seconds . You received a watch without a peral is that right?"

So... I unpacked the watch, charged it for 50 seconds and here's what I got:

Picture.jpg

:mad:

The pic in his advertisement shows all BLUE lume on the dial markers and hands.

His second message about a few minutes after his first was the following:

"If you read the thread about the Eurotimez watch you will see that most people are saying the same thing at least those who have received them. Most are sending to Vacs for relume. The thread by Gio was very misleading he relumed his watch

Only the latest Noob factory DSSD have a uniformed lume no other version regardless of who you buy them from.

Of course you shouldn't have received it without a pearl we actually make the pearls so it would appear it was never done if it is not in the pack I have come accross this a couple of times to be honest we use a thiners to flatten the top of the pearl and I think sometimes it may lossen the pearl."

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I did read Gio's thread and saw his before and after pics. His lume was all BLUE. Ohh and the watch I purchased was advertised as "Latest Noob Factory version".

Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated and [censored].

So... I unpacked the watch and let it charge under the bright sunshine for 40 minutes and then came back in and took the following pic:

Picture003.jpg

The lume on this watch is very poor and IS GREEN on the dial markers. The only lume that is BLUE is the hands. The lume does not resemble anything remotely close to the pics I based my ordering decision on. Period, End of story. :angry:

My v3 is that way, blue hands and green dial...that sucks about your v5, thought it was fixed as well... Sorry Bro :)

So... I unpacked the watch and let it charge under the bright sunshine for 40 minutes and then came back in and took the following pic:

Picture003.jpg

The lume on this watch is very poor and IS GREEN on the dial markers. The only lume that is BLUE is the hands. The lume does not resemble anything remotely close to the pics I based my ordering decision on. Period, End of story. :angry:

ok if you chrged it under sunshine for 40 mins and its still like that then obviously he sent you the wrong watch.. coz it should start turning all blue after 40 mins under sunlight :)

Absolutely. And how did he respond?... he called me a liar. (Thread over on Repgeek). Can you f'in believe that!? :angry:

He claims that I "must have charged the watch at night time and that there was no way I charged the watch for 40 minutes in sunshine". I am speechless. This is a dealer people actually buy from???! I even kept his name out of my original post to keep his reputation clean. And for me being a good guy I get flamed by him and called a liar.

What a train wreck of an experience.

SD3 i hope PW will sort it out with you.

If some of the "collectors" are faced with their shitty performance out in the open they most likely will not react in a nice way.

Keep us posted.

Carpe Diem

Cats

You purchased the watch from prestigewatchco, very bad decision :mellow:

A drop ship dealer, with zero customer skills and after sales service, virtually any other dealer would have been a better choice for you....

PWC was selling Asian 7750 reps as Swiss on ioffer for a very long time, probably still is. Heaven knows why they let him become a dealer over there anyway.....

How many watches does he sell that go straight onto the member trade forum? Loads, because they are only similar to the higher end reps from the best factories, and people get fooled, his descriptions are ambiguous at best....

Lesson learned the hard way, sorry :(

Unfortunately this is the rep game. Ive had my drop shipping experience before and from now on never buy a watch from a dealer that doesn't have proper QC before shipment. Id also recommend member trades on the forum, they are usually very good and the pictures are exactly of the purchased item.

Ok here's what I would do to get out of your fix.

See if you can get a pearl from someone local before Friday and still give it to your brother for his birthday, I'm pretty sure neither he nor any guest is going to check out the lume on the spot.

Sometime during the party take him aside and explain that there is a lume prob and you will get that fixed for him a little later, I'm sure he will still be very happy if the watch looks good in the daylight.

Ken

A drop ship dealer, with zero customer skills and after sales service, virtually any other dealer would have been a better choice for you....

PWC was selling Asian 7750 reps as Swiss on ioffer for a very long time, probably still is. Heaven knows why they let him become a dealer over there anyway.....

How many watches does he sell that go straight onto the member trade forum? Loads, because they are only similar to the higher end reps from the best factories, and people get fooled, his descriptions are ambiguous at best....

Thanks, Mickey. Lesson learned albeit in a very frustrating manner.

Never mind, once bitten......

Maybe you should consider buying your watches from Super Mirrors (sead1999)? He is based in the US, so no shipping issues and zero customs risk, or return delays, plus 110% better QC and after sales service, his prices are still competitive too.....

For US members he is surely the best option? In the same way that Precious Time is for us EU peeps.....

Cheers! B)

Never mind, once bitten......

Maybe you should consider buying your watches from Super Mirrors (sead1999)? He is based in the US, so no shipping issues and zero customs risk, or return delays, plus 110% better QC and after sales service, his prices are still competitive too.....

For US members he is surely the best option? In the same way that Precious Time is for us EU peeps.....

Cheers! B)

I am going to look into him. I have heard good things. Thanks, my friend. B)

Wait... this guys is a drop-ship dealer? Is that accurate??? :angry:

If so, then I guess the following statement, direct from Robert, is pure BS!!!

"Of course you shouldn't have received it without a pearl we actually make the pearls so it would appear it was never done if it is not in the pack I have come accross this a couple of times to be honest we use a thiners to flatten the top of the pearl and I think sometimes it may lossen the pearl".

:angry::angry::angry:

PWC comes from a wholesale background, that is why his customer care is so crap, his own ego comes well before his customers actual needs :lol:

Of course he drop ships, with the volume he sells through at the slightly lower prices he charges, what did you expect? :p

He is the last dealer you should choose if QC is your main bug......

PWC comes from a wholesale background, that is why his customer care is so crap, his own ego comes well before his customers actual needs :lol:

Of course he drop ships, with the volume he sells through at the slightly lower prices he charges, what did you expect? :p

He is the last dealer you should choose if QC is your main bug......

Unfuccinreal. :angry:

This just keeps getting better. This guy has the audacity to call me a liar when he didn't even look at my f'in watch and claims to have made the pearl and modded it as well!!!

Anyone considering buying anything from this guy should think long and hard about it. Period.