When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 Roll Call!

b16a2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just an alternative opinion here... I agree that the 3717 is an excellent, if not one of the best, choice. If you settle for this watch then you would really get a versatile watch. The classic pilots that you see on this thread is indeed very close to the genuine article. However, please take note that AR modification and date/daywheel swap are considered the first 2 must-have modifications.

However, if you crave for something different that will separate you from the lot, I couldn't help myself but to recommend you getting the ceramic case Top Gun 44mm edition. The watch is beefier but doesn't look big on the wrist at all. Not only that, this watch comes with excellent AR and correct day/datewheel. The only flaw I can see is the subdial ring on the gen has slightly greyish rim instead of flat black on the rep. This is very minimal in my opinion.

So pick your choice. To me, I pick both ;)

Thanks for all of the input, I am on the cusp of buying one. Takashi, I now have to make a choice between two though :D

Can I just confirm that this is the predecessor to the 'Ultimate'. The case looks shiny, and the datefont doesn't look correct....don't want to order the wrong one :)

http://www.timeshops.net/IWC5389_-_IWC_CER...0_1907-3766.htm

1907-3766_sml1.jpg

The TG is nice, but the cheeseball TOP GUN logo on the side of the case kills it for me :( Otherwise, that would be one I'd add to the collection as well... Cause I really like everything else about it...

Same for me...The Caseback is borderline but at least you don't see it when on the wrist

• 2 weeks later...

Some great 3717's on here!

DVS - thanks for that comparison, the rep is actually very very close! The main thing I notice is like the difference between the UPO and the gen PO - the dial texture. However, I think Im right in syaing that Stephane varnished his and it came out looking very gen like!

This is my V1 for comparison. It has a bunch of mods:

- Zigmeister gen Swiss ETA 7750 installed

- Zigmeister fully relumed hands and dial (Hour markers were removed and recreated with superluminova)

- Zigmeiser ETA DW swap

- Double AR from Chieftang

- Custom strap from HKTan

3717-1.jpg

3717-2.jpg

3717-3.jpg

This is my V1 for comparison. It has a bunch of mods:

- Zigmeister gen ETA installed

- Zigmeister fully relumed hands and dial (Hour markers were removed and recreated with superluminova)

- Zigmeiser DW ETA DW swap

- Double AR from Chieftang

- Custom strap from HKTan

3717-1.jpg

3717-2.jpg

3717-3.jpg

Perfect...

:notworthy: