When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waterproof replica for diving?

MagnusW

I am thinking about getting a new watch that I can go swimming with and do some amateur diving (like free diving. Maximum 10 m under water). Does it exist replica watches that are waterproof? I know all of them says 200m or 600 m, but that is the genuine I guess?

It needs to be kind of a "rough" watch. Besides go swimming with it, I want to do sports without being afraid of damaging it. On this watch I will tolerate scratches and other marks.

I'm thinking MAX 200 usd, but preferably cheaper (100 usd?). And it doesn't have to be "the perfect replica", if you know what I mean.

Hope somebody can help me. Thanks. :)

Edited by MagnusW

I am thinking about getting a new watch that I can go swimming with and do some amateur diving (like free diving. Maximum 10 m under water). Does it exist replica watches that are waterproof? I know all of them says 200m or 600 m, but that is the genuine I guess?

It needs to be kind of a "rough" watch. Besides go swimming with it, I want to do sports without being afraid of damaging it. On this watch I will tolerate scratches and other marks.

I'm thinking MAX 200 usd, but preferably cheaper (100 usd?). And it doesn't have to be "the perfect replica", if you know what I mean.

Hope somebody can help me. Thanks. :)

Just get a Seiko.

http://www.caranfil.org/review_skx781_orange_monster.html

http://watches.zsebehazy.com/skx009.htm

Take a look at this one:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=21432

And notice that although there are a few good reps, the consensus here and on other fora is that you cannot rely on the watches being properly tested when you buy them. You need to get it done yourself before you jump into the deep end to be on the safe side. - Even if you just want to swim.

THIS those Monsters are incredibly well built and solid watches. I had one and I beat the crap out of it, had it in the ocean and pool every day here in Florida and NEVER had one issue with it. I even wore it in the sauna and jacuzzi and still it was fine. I finally sold it for something else, and I miss it dearly.

Shundi: I've not that experienced with doing things on watches. I don't think I will take the chance on opening a watch. :p

The Seiko SKX781 Orange Monster is something I definitely will consider. I think it looks great on both a bracelet and a rubber strap. It looks like it can handle alot of beating up. Maybe this is the watch I need.

But where can I buy it? Any trusable dealers?

The SSD is great I think. There was a test of it down to saturation diving depths...crazy. It was terribly polluted water so the steel didn't fare well...but it didn't leak. You would NEVER encounter the issues that this test experienced unless you do professional saturation diving in top secret locations...and if that's the case, Comex would likely give you a gen.

Shundi: I've not that experienced with doing things on watches. I don't think I will take the chance on opening a watch. :p

The Seiko SKX781 Orange Monster is something I definitely will consider. I think it looks great on both a bracelet and a rubber strap. It looks like it can handle alot of beating up. Maybe this is the watch I need.

Anywhere that sells Seiko watches :D

To be honest, I've never had problems with reps water resistance :)

DSSDs are generaly oke but you may still strike a bad one so make shure you have it tested first.

One of Fakemasters Subs just survived a suturation dive to 50m with no problems PICS/INFO HERE. Funny thing is it started out as a fun way of destroying the watch but it turned out a little tougher than expected.

The dive to 150m a cpl of days later did it in but the diver reports that it flooded very slowly. At a guess it would have survived a 100m dive and decompresion. Not bad for a $120 dollar watch.

Note: Fakey does not recomend his watches go swiming tho after that little testI doubt 10m would do one any harm.

Col.

Besides my Seiko altlas my $100 Omega PO is also waterresistant. I greased the caseback and the crown a little and it can be worn under water and in even my shower/steam cabine. No problem at all. Of course I did not dive 100 meter with it. However beware, when you get your watch from the dealer the caseback is often not that tight.

In many cases you can open it by hand. I grease them al little bit (the case back goes in also much more smoothly then) and tighten them with a tool. Of course not that much that you destroy the O ring. Thighten it, but gently of course.

Ebay is good for Seikos. I've purchased from a dealer in Singapore named Pokemonyu. There are several guys on the bay who are heavy on Seikos.

I have 8 REPS that passed 10 ATM by a watchsmith, all I did was greased all the rubber gaskets:

- AP ROO Safari

- Chopard MMXL Limited Gray Dial

- PAM 059

- Rolex DSSD

- Rolex SD

- Rolex NOOB SUB

- Rolex GMT II Coke

- Breitling SuperOcean White Dial

Check out the Black Monster too.

eBay and Tradera.se are good places to source your Black/orange monster.