When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Tudor Sub Project

redwatch

• 2 weeks later...

That is looking really good boss!

BTW I stand correted on the movement. Turns out the later serial # 2784's had that type of balance. :)

i'm just about done with mine too. Just waiting for my gen Tudor 2776 and snowflake dial to arrive.

Still gotta pick up some hands though.

Glad to hear that gavidoc. I have to admit, I did get a tiny bit worried when you mentioned that. I thought I would wait on the general public's comments on it. It looks pretty good, but the rotor engraving looks a little old compared to the pics I have seen of the gen 9411.

• 2 weeks later...

Would any of the Sandoz watch model work in creating a Tudor?

I am a big fan of Tudor, and would like to add to a nice one to my collection.

-tony

Red,

Both Stephane and Ubi have given you very detailed and concise direction. The only thing I might add would be to look for an already modified MBK/MBW 5512 or 5513 in the sales forum. If you are lucky, this piece will already come with a lot of the modifications that Ubi explained. You will just need the Tudor dial and hands and you good to go.

While researching aftermarket parts for a tudor project I came across a few sites and thought I would share it with you guys.

http://www.ewatchparts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21

http://www.time-repairs.com/watchrepair/TudorPriceGuide.htm

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.sg/Clark-Watch-Parts__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://shop.vendio.com/rmolchadsky/item/976180727/?s=1249372562 (Movement parts)

-tony

Hi guys,

I am just loving the snowflake tudors that keep popping up in review and in wrist shots. After completing my SMP Chrono rebuild, I now have the bug to take on something a little more serious.

So with that being said, I would love to start the hunt for the parts needed for a Tudor Snowflake Sub (No Date). Can you help?

I am relatively new to RWG, so I am not all that familiar yet as to where I can source the parts I will need. Movements I can find, but cases and dials seem to be a little bit harder.

Any tips and direction would be superb! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 5 weeks later...

So I have a few updates on my Franken Tudor Project.

I sent the re-lumed dial and movement to Ubi so he could work his magic. Unfortunately, the case set I purchased was just a little bit off, so Ubi tried to make a spacer ring to hold the movement in place. This didn't quite work out. The case was just plain wrong and the gen movement and dial didn't want to sit centered in the case. Additionally, the movement itself is acting quite odd and within setting the time, 45 minutes later it had already lost 14 minutes. The watch came back from Ubi and I ordered an MBW case set for a 5513. Case set arrived today and the movement fits quite nicely and looks great in the case. I need to get some sort of movement spacer though just to hold it in place. Additionally, the gen rolex crown i had from the other case set does not fit inside the tube. The inside diameter is much, much too small. Of course, the CG's need an overhaul and the lug holes are far too small.

So, i guess it's going to have to go back to the spa in the great white north for some serious love and attention.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Thanks

Congrats Red !!

the solitary issue I have with my Ubifranken Tudor...

is that no matter what I decide to wear before hand, the Snowflake has a magnetic quality and I end up picking it up without hesitation.. everyday ,, :D

Live Strong and Wear It Well

A~C

L

54439746.jpg

tudorsnowflake021.jpg

Congratulations, it looks like an old beat up Tudor watch.

EXCELLENT!

Thanks Dems! I do like the look of the vintage watches!

@ Lani - I think once the movement is serviced, it will be very hard to tear off of my wrist. I think I need to get a nicer bracelet for it though. Right now it is on a MBW 5513 bracelet which needs some love. Edges are too sharp and it squeaks and feels pretty cheap.