When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona secs @ 6 is running funny..

t0t0_b0y

Hello there,

I've just received my Daytona secs @ 6 from one of the dealers on this forum and I'm so happy upon receiving it.. :)

However, over the past few days, I noticed that the seconds hand is running a bit funny..

It appears that the seconds hand does not sweep throughout it's course, instead on few positions, it looked like it was "jumping".

Could it be a bad movement..?? :( :(

What are other possible explanations..??

I'm sorry if my description is rather confusing..

Hello there,

I've just received my Daytona secs @ 6 from one of the dealers on this forum and I'm so happy upon receiving it.. :)

However, over the past few days, I noticed that the seconds hand is running a bit funny..

It appears that the seconds hand does not sweep throughout it's course, instead on few positions, it looked like it was "jumping".

Could it be a bad movement..?? :( :(

I'm sorry if my description is rather confusing..

mine does that too.. i think u should just send it out and get a graphite treatment before its too late :)

If it is keeping time, I would let it go for now. The jumpy second hand is probably just slack in the wheels that transfer motion to the second hand.

Wait until it stops keeping time before you have it worked on.

Nope, not as above, it's a well known problem with this model.

Graphite treatment works wonders if applied. Take it to a rep friendly WS and ask him what he thinks, but the graphite is the main cure on here it seems.

Sixx :bones:

I think Nikki has it half-right - the twitchy running seconds hand IS a well-known problem with all 7750-powered secs at 6 Daytonas. It occurs because of the slop (imprecise machining) within the relocation gearing. Short of remanufacturing the movement, I am not aware of a remedy. As the problem is inherent to the design, graphite powder will not effect it.