When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is what I'm working on...

TeeJay

I haven't gone AWOL, I've just been pretty busy and had some connectivity issues yesterday...

This is the project I've been working on... It's by no means completed, but coming along nicely :) Yes, once it's finished, this project will be up for sale, should there be any interest :)

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Does the suit come with it? :)

:lol: I've got JARVIS working on it :lol:

Joking aside, my plan is to install the arc reactor in a statue/bust, so a nice juxtaposition between the Classic and the Futuristic :)

Nice...you need to make the Mark 1 suit.

With the right equipment, I think the Mark 1 suit would actually be a possibility for a home hobbyist to build in the garage. Might be a bit hard to move, but, having seen some of the stuff people have made (such as bear suits and other powered exo-skeletons) I wouldn't want to call it an impossibility :)

With the right equipment, I think the Mark 1 suit would actually be a possibility for a home hobbyist to build in the garage. Might be a bit hard to move, but, having seen some of the stuff people have made (such as bear suits and other powered exo-skeletons) I wouldn't want to call it an impossibility :)

I'm assuming your Zero Point Energy cell is operational... ;)

Nice TJ, let me know when you have made a sub with a saw tooth bezel, infact that must be possible, hmm

Any way TJ wana see what i have been working on?

All hand done with a file, gold plated, pearlage ect, oh and all by me

Going train wheels polished and brushed alternatly, Ie 4 wheel polished, 3rd brushed does not show up that well in the photos

Photo0132.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Photo0129.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

I think i could do with your power source to keep me going at 2 in the morning some nights

Nice TJ, let me know when you have made a sub with a saw tooth bezel, infact that must be possible, hmm

Any way TJ wana see what i have been working on?

All hand done with a file, gold plated, pearlage ect, oh and all by me

Going train wheels polished and brushed alternatly, Ie 4 wheel polished, 3rd brushed does not show up that well in the photos

Photo0132.jpg

Photo0128.jpg

Photo0129.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

That's absolutely fantastic work, my friend :) A big thumbs up indeed :good:

I think i could do with your power source to keep me going at 2 in the morning some nights

:D

It's about time someone cracked cold-fusion... It'd certainly solve the world's reliance on fossil fuels for it's energy requirements... From what I understand (albeit ficticious) the arc reactor (containing palladium) would essentially be a kind of hydrogen reactor (but would have to be cold fusion, for Mr Stark to have one implanted in his chest without baking his internal organs :D ) If I could make a real-world functional arc reactor, I don't think I'd have to worry about saving money by buying reps :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
can't wait to see the results buddy ;)

Thanks, brother, it's starting to take shape now I've got the cowl fitted in the middle, now it's a case of taking sandpaper to the inside to make it opaque enough to conceal the actual light :D

you have to excuse me, but what the hell is that?

The answer to the world's energy problems ;)

Nah, just kidding :D It's a prop replica I'm building of this:

vlcsnap-44352.png

robert_downey_jr10.jpg

iron_man_arc.jpg

In the movie, it's referred to as an arc reactor, a (what is most likely) cold fusion reactor which powers an electromagnet keeping shrapnel out of Tony Stark's heart, and his Iron Man armor.

I'm building a replica which I'm going to mount in a mannequin, which I'm going to paint up to look like marble :)

Wow... That's pretty cool, TeeJay!

Any chance you can have one done up in a display case that reads:

'Proof that Tony Stark has a heart'

?

Thanks :) I would have loved to have been able to built one like that, but sadly, I don't have the facilities to make the actual display mount or etch it in. It might be possible to track down a suitable display case, but the mount itself, is the real problem, that's why I'm mounting this one in a mannequin's chest :)