When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

P/O lite

signumboy

:lol: It has nothing to do with the weight. The PO lite is an UPO with mineral crystal and an Asian movement instead of the sapphire and ETA (clone). Because of this cost reduction it is called the 'lite' version. I don't believe the lite version is still available, though I could be wrong....

.... I don't believe the lite version is still available, though I could be wrong....

Lite version is still available. POrikaa is one of them, WatchEden, Trustytime, etc. when you see a PO around $100-$130, it's for sure the "lite" version.

BTW the Asian 21j it's a very good mvt by the comment that we can read. And it is very precise too. if I take care of the night position, for exemple, DU (dial up) it gain little sec, if I put CU (crown up) it loose secs, by playing with night position of the watch, I can do -4/+4 after a week. Pretty amazing for a mvt that cost $15-$20!!!!

Lite version is still available. POrikaa is one of them, WatchEden, Trustytime, etc. when you see a PO around $100-$130, it's for sure the "lite" version.

The POrikaa isn't the classic lite version. It's got AR coated sapphire glass. One of the reasons it's been so popular.

The POrikaa isn't the classic lite version. It's got AR coated sapphire glass. One of the reasons it's been so popular.

I always doubt that glass is sapphire on the POrikaa, for $100, the price is way too low to be a sapphire. For AR coating, you are right , the "ususal" lite don't have AR if I remember.

I always doubt that glass is sapphire on the POrikaa, for $100, the price is way too low to be a sapphire. For AR coating, you are right , the "ususal" lite don't have AR if I remember.

Reg insists that he checked, and it is in fact sapphire.

I believe him for two reasons:

1. If it would turn out to be a non-sapphire crystal, he's gonna lose his good reputation.

2. The price is more than fair for a non sapphire crystal, and most would still buy it. Why take the risk and lie?

In September I'll be able to check myself. Hope that I'll remember to do so....

The UPO Lite was actually a limited run of watches produced by Josh and Andrew about 2 years ago. It was identical, including a sapphire crystal, to the UPO but for the movement, which was a DG4813. There have been several asian 45mm POs since, but none of them have been as good as the original UPO Lite which sold for only $115 btw.

The UPO lite was able to accept gen parts, just like the UPO, with the exception of the hands.

so is the lite version moddable like the UPO?

would gen parts fit? dial, hands, crystal...etc?

Gen hands will not fit - as the PO lite uses an asian movement. Gen hands can only be used with a Swiss movement.

Master - there has been plenty of UPOs for sale in the sales thread (as well as on RG).

Gen hands will not fit - as the PO lite uses an asian movement. Gen hands can only be used with a Swiss movement.

Master - there has been plenty of UPOs for sale in the sales thread (as well as on RG).

thx triplrhd

i've seen many sale threads of UPOs

my question is, is the UPO the only version thats moddable with gen parts? im thinking of buying one and modding it gen dial and hands

and which version of the 42mm is moddable too?

thx triplrhd

i've seen many sale threads of UPOs

my question is, is the UPO the only version thats moddable with gen parts? im thinking of buying one and modding it gen dial and hands

and which version of the 42mm is moddable too?

If you get a swiss movement watch - you're good to go. You can go mod crazy :)

However, for an asian movement, you can mod an asian watch w/dial only. THe gen hands (swiss) will not fit the asian movement. Puretime/Angus sells the PO Lite - 45.5, the correct size. You can swap dials and crystal. I beleive it has the correct hand lengths - you would just need to get it re-lumed.

BTW - I Had a UPO up for sale earlier this week. Where were ya ?!?!? :)

I'm looking for a good quality PO42 and I would be grateful of the forum's opinion on this example: http://www.jpc8118.com/omse10011-seamaster...242-p-1431.html

The linked watch has an "eta" mvt, AR and the correct outside bezzel shapping (full square).

Apart from the incorrect face logo (for which I still cannot find a perfect watch) can anyone spot any other tells on this watch that distinguish it from a gen?

I'm looking for a good quality PO42 and I would be grateful of the forum's opinion on this example: http://www.jpc8118.com/omse10011-seamaster...242-p-1431.html

The linked watch has an "eta" mvt, AR and the correct outside bezzel shapping (full square).

Apart from the incorrect face logo (for which I still cannot find a perfect watch) can anyone spot any other tells on this watch that distinguish it from a gen?

I believe thats the 42mm 4th gen. I think you will find that it is out of stock. That watch does take gen parts however. Too bad they stopped making them.

The UPO Lite was actually a limited run of watches produced by Josh and Andrew about 2 years ago. It was identical, including a sapphire crystal, to the UPO but for the movement, which was a DG4813. There have been several asian 45mm POs since, but none of them have been as good as the original UPO Lite which sold for only $115 btw.

The UPO lite was able to accept gen parts, just like the UPO, with the exception of the hands.

I know this Is true Andrew. I tried to find a Omega PO lite after reading your review of the watch. The watch that you reviewed cannot be found. I tried and that exact watch is not available atm as far as I can tell. Great review btw. :) Mike

If you get a swiss movement watch - you're good to go. You can go mod crazy :)

However, for an asian movement, you can mod an asian watch w/dial only. THe gen hands (swiss) will not fit the asian movement. Puretime/Angus sells the PO Lite - 45.5, the correct size. You can swap dials and crystal. I beleive it has the correct hand lengths - you would just need to get it re-lumed.

BTW - I Had a UPO up for sale earlier this week. Where were ya ?!?!? :)

i was right here! im not gona buy one right now but in the near future, still doing some research on modding

so no 42mm versions available for modding by gen parts?