When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another modded SMP chrono?

casanile

I bought my first rep in july 2007 from Andrew

trusty.jpg

I was very happy, to wear it, everything was good on this watch.

In fact it's One of the best "out of the box " Omega rep. I even had the nice decorated rotor.

Unfortunately one month later, I had a bike accident which destroyed the watch, actually it saved my wrist.

Still working fine, in a first step I bought a correct aftermarket insert and glued a gen glass (I know.. I know..)

It was nice, the SMP looked like a "warrior's watch" In the mean time I was wearing a 2531.80 rep too.

wah013.jpg

Nice isn't it? :yuk:

I like this watch and consider it as a lucky amulet, so I decided to do things right.

I learned on the board everything I had to know about dismanteling a watch, change bezel, dial, glass or swap a movement etc. etc.

I bought all the tools I needed and began my quest for gen parts.

So I did find a gen used bezel and insert, a gen crown, a gen dial and asked Andrew to send me another case and bracelet.

It took me more than one year to get everything.

So I began in taking off the scratched bezel and... Destroyed it.

F....!

I was seriously doubting about my skills as a watchmaker...

And a beautiful day the name of "Bricciola" came on the board...

Check that:

DSC016741.jpg

DSC016721.jpg

DSC016712.jpg

At ome with insert aligned

Photo003.jpg

Domenico is really a nice guy.

His work is fantastic, fast and serious.

He serviced the mov. found me a gen tube and fixed some things I didn't knew.

He shipped me the watch without payment!

Next monday I'll send him my other project (First I'll pay him This job of course...)

We definitely have the perfect warchmaker in E.U.

BTW, I sell all my brand new watchmaker's tools ;)

Nice story and an excellent watch.

This rep has remained to be in my collection since 2006 (when they first introduced the SMP chrono rep). Mine is from the very first batch that has ETA dw... got it from the legendary Eddie Lee.

I really love mine and it's one of those reps that will never leave my collection (unless I buy the gen... which is unlikely as the rep is so good).

so how did it save ur wrist?

Well, I slipped Over 20 meters on the tarmac...

I don't really know how, that was just luck.

The watch was very very deeply scratched on the bezel and the end links. The glass exploded too.

So regarding that, I'm sure that if I had no watch, my skin or my bone wrist ( sorry I'm not a doc..) would have remained

on that road.

Same with my helmet, the left part of the visor was destroyed... So put your helmets on!!!

This rep has remained to be in my collection since 2006 (when they first introduced the SMP chrono rep). Mine is from the very first batch that has ETA dw... got it from the legendary Eddie Lee.

I really love mine and it's one of those reps that will never leave my collection (unless I buy the gen... which is unlikely as the rep is so good).

Thanks BT, I agree with you, I'll keep this one too.

so how did it save ur wrist?

Lol, no one who has gone down the road on their arse would ever ask a question like that!! ( that wasn't a dig or disrespect by the way!! It's just a bike thing!!)

I've had 3 pretty bad crashes on bikes, the last one broke my back in 2 places, being snapped in half backwards through a car! First one was a slide that took me about 100 yards up the road on my butt!! Oddlly enough my watch helped part of that slide also, but I had real good race gloves on so it didn't wear through to the watch, but kept my writ from friction burns!

Any help while going down the road, feverishly trying to learn levitation in micro seconds because your arse is onfire, is always greatfully received!!

Dude I'm glad it helped in your crash and also that you got it back to looking as awesome as it does!! Good also to see more of Domi's work coming out and onto the forum!!

Sixx :bones:

Any help while going down the road, feverishly trying to learn levitation in micro seconds because your [censored] is onfire, is always greatfully received!!

Sixx :bones:

Thanks dude.

Levitation... :rofl:

I tried teleportation shouting: "Scotty energize! Energize, you motherf....!"

And nothing... I'll practice levitation for the next one.

...In my opinion it's pieces like this, with some history, that define keepers (and not so much whether they're rep or gen).

That's exactly my opinion...

Thank you

I'd be the same if I didn't like the titanium version so much more :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Now it's done.

I just received my watch from Domenico.

I had to sent him back one last time, the stem became apparently too short with the gen crown...

Don't ask me...

unscrewing the crown, made me directly go to the date change.

So I did not have access to the power reserve.

Sorry for the poor iphone pics, no real camera for now...

IMG_0096.jpg

As you can see, this is a speedy bracelet.

Kind of fantasy, On my taste it's not bad at all.

IMG_0097.jpg

With my gen 2220.80

IMG_0095.jpg

Lume shot, no photoshop just after 5 min of sun exposition

Domenico relumed only the hands, no color difference between gen dial, Good job...

I'm really happy, after two years past to seek parts, this one is finished.

Still my 2254.50 to go.

My god...This hobby...