When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Ingy from Hont - Many Pictures - Awesome!

simzger

So you have not read the rules then?

let me paste one here

So you may have all the qualifications but limited comon sence in my oppinion

i never went to the AD and tried to pass the rep as a gen...i told him it's a rep from begin with. i just needed someone resizing it, and the iwc AD was just the first one around the corner...i just needed to get it done and didn't have any tools on me.

Edited by simzger

yes iwc ad is just as good as the rwg members.. /me rolls eyes.. so good that last time i posted 2 pics of gen breitling skyland and rolex daydate 60% of the ppl in here thought it was franken and 40% thought it was rep coz it had gold oxidation on the bracelet.. ok i dont freakin recommend taking watches to an ad.. but saying "ITS EASY TO TELL WITH A BLINK OF THE EYE???" pftt.. so much for being experts and all.. i still need to be convinced at how good we as rwg and those ADs are.. coz seriously i doubt we're that good.

Couldn't agree more, the only dead give away is the datefont, perhaps we're becoming 'rep-snobs'... :o

Re- your request for a Pam case, I just bought a $99 111h from Robert (T4D/PWC) that looks a bit to to me like the one you require, here's a pic for you to compare...

20062009029.jpg

hope this helps... ;)

i never went to the AD and tried to pass the rep as a gen...i told him it's a rep from begin with. i just needed someone resizing it, and the iwc AD was just the first one around the corner...i just needed to get it done and didn't have any tools on me.

no matter what u say i still think ur bsing.. ok i kinda agree with previous post.. the freakin datewheel on the ingy is too different to the gen.. its like day and night.. how the hell does the ad or anyone who looks at iwc everyday does not know this?? a bit weird if u ask me.. and iwc ingy is the easiest to resize.. why the hell would u need an ad??

ur story just doesnt make sense to me.. i dont get why other are [censored] off.. im not coz i think its a [censored] story that u made up

ok guys,

i figured by now i have violated a rule, and i'm sorry about it.

i apologize.

the story about the AD - yes, it was lame, i admit, and not helpful - was not the priority at all, i just wanted to post some pics for everyone to have a look at what the rep looks like. it was a long week and i was tired and a little drunk but was very happy about my new resized inge, so i posted it...

and yes, i'm a noob.

regarding my post, i made a mistake but at some point you gotta get over it...dwelling on this and giving me crap is just as retarded.

simzger

no matter what u say i still think ur bsing.. ok i kinda agree with previous post.. the freakin datewheel on the ingy is too different to the gen.. its like day and night.. how the hell does the ad or anyone who looks at iwc everyday does not know this?? a bit weird if u ask me.. and iwc ingy is the easiest to resize.. why the hell would u need an ad??

ur story just doesnt make sense to me.. i dont get why other are [censored] off.. im not coz i think its a [censored] story that u made up

hello armin,

if you want, i can PM you the phone number and website of the store and you can call the watchsmith there and ask him yourself....

LOL wow.... somehow i figured, since you have been a member here longer than me, you would actually have a clue about the rules of the game... GUESS NOT...

yeah...you're the COOLEST....you know the rules of THE GAME bro!!!

wow

Are you still here?

listen, how about recognising the the fact it was, bad move to take your reps into and AD, accept that it is a rule not to and go on living,

We are all here to learn and i agree that the ingy is a great watch, and even the short hands are not that much of a give away as there were gens like that, but the date wheel is.

This thread will no doupt be deleted at some point by the mods, learn now and get on with being a member.

edit, I missed this

ok guys,

i apologize.

the story about the AD - yes, it was lame, i admit, and not helpful - was not the priority at all, i just wanted to post some pics for everyone to have a look at what the rep looks like. it was a long week and i was tired and a little drunk but was very happy about my new resized inge, so i posted it...

and yes, i'm a noob.

regarding my post, i made a mistake but at some point you gotta get over it...dwelling on this and giving me crap is just as retarded.

simzger

So lets all leave this thread alone

Just to say a few words in his defense.........

The guys at the AD's here in NY are underpaid people who know very very very little about watches.

The guys at tourneau here could not spot a fake if it hit them in the face.

People on RWG treat the AD like they are gods. 4 out of 5 times they have NO idea what they are talking about. That 5th time you are in trouble though....

Lovin it :D

My 10th beer and second bucket o popcorn.

Keep them coming hehehe

well, that makes me laugh a little bit. just so you know, i have a magna [censored] laude w/ summa [censored] laude in the master's thesis at of one of the most prestigious universities in the world. probably difficult to achieve w/o brain cells.

why do you have to [censored] me off like this? this took me a long time to take and upload the pics for you to see...

SIMZGER, I also do not understand all the fuss those repgeeks have bringing a rep into a AD? I walked into the Panerai Boutique in Tokyo just a few weeks ago with my rep pam and had a great chat with the asst.boutique manager who on the way out gave me a fantastic rare panerai 158 page brochure.He loved my vintage pam kampfschwimmer (rep) BTW and to think that AD staff do not know that there are more reps than gen in this world is wishfull thinking and I do believe that actually they are quite curious to see for themselves how good reps are made nowadays....... just my 5 cents

Edited by davesco

Just to say a few words in his defense.........

The guys at the AD's here in NY are underpaid people who know very very very little about watches.

The guys at tourneau here could not spot a fake if it hit them in the face.

People on RWG treat the AD like they are gods. 4 out of 5 times they have NO idea what they are talking about. That 5th time you are in trouble though....

Just like at the police...

ok guys,

i apologize.

and yes, i'm a noob.

simzger

Fair enough. Lesson learned.

The reasoning behind it is that we all love watches, and gens are the real thing. Gen owners (of which most of us are too) deserve to enjoy their watches. It's impolite to throw them in face of ADs.

The Ingy is fantastic. Enjoy! :wub:

Incidentally, the Ingy is quite simply the easiest watch bracelet to resize known to mankind. It comes with a little tool that you put in the button at the back of the bracelet, and the pin slides out.

The Planet Ocean....less easy :lol:

yeah...you're the COOLEST....you know the rules of THE GAME bro!!!

wow

i never said i was the coolest! but thanks :)

atleast i know not to walk into an AD with a replica.... dumb move.

it doesn't matter what they said, they were probably nice to you to get more info out of you....

Because you are honts associate?

You are an obsessive liar?

Bored?

etc...etc... :p

Seriously...I deeply doubt that an IWC AD would not spot a IWC rep in SWITZERLAND. And finding out being a rep being happy about it. He must have been fairly new at the job or seriously retarded. On top of that they did the job for free knowing it was a rep I find very hard to believe. Actually the whole story is like a fairy tale.

1) obviously you have never been to switzerland...do you think, the watchsmiths here are total geeks that spot reps immediately? definitely not...the stores carry multiple brands and the watchsmiths repair multiple brands. some of the watches for repair are just forwarded to the respective watch companies - like in the case of IWC. Where I work i am surrounded with watchstores...and sometimes I'm very surprised how little they know. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way but they are just not as geeky as many rep collectors - and i don't mean this in a disrespectful way either

2) so far, EVERY AD watchsmith that i showed watches was very fascinated by good reps, wanted to take a look inside

3) about the job being free: i walked in there, coming from work with a good suit and was very nice with them...they were very nice with me...they insisted on doing it for free, even though i asked to give some money into the "coffee-box"...he said it's a service they do and hope that people will keep them in good memory and come back to the store to buy stuff. actually very easy to understand....but maybe not for you.

4) quit calling me a liar

4) quit calling me a liar

As I saw before, also in PM"s, Ash uses his words quite fast, thinking sometimes it is funny. Not all people are & think alike. IMO, not ok, better to stay polite.

it doesn't matter what they said, they were probably nice to you to get more info out of you....

it seems to me that you're a little paranoid...

just so you know, here in switzerland, many things are more relaxed than in some police states.

Edited by simzger