When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Avenger Black Steel~Perfect clones

lanikai

The DE has one heck of a giggle factor everytime you pull the trigger. Although at $1.25+ every squeeze, the fun aspect wears quickly. Like I you prefer smaller, .40cal.

Reading your review more, I kind of wonder if the SS type will have a factor in the final appearance of the DLC. My guess as it would as I know coating processes like anodizing had a big appearance difference depending on the material. I think I have some old contact that did TiN coating near me, see if they are still around and can shed some light on the subject.

of course the type of metal makes a difference.. plating SS is much different in the process than plating chromium or aluminum .. that is a given...

I think I'm missing the point... my focus on this review is with the rep at hand, and the coating used on this particular rep.. I'm no chemist nor a metal engineer.. I know a Quantum Physicist.. maybe I'll ask her what she thinks also :rolleyes:

Great pics as always Lani. I also appreciate your "homework" in studying the deposition details. Thanks for that.

I still can't get over the lume dots. They look fabulous. If this is what we can start to expect then 2010 is going to be a great year for reps!

:drinks:

Thank you kryster.. the Noob factory did an outstanding job on the dial.. the lume will be charged by tomorrow.. so pics on those will follow..

it has been very interesting to learn that the process that is used today with Carbon Nitride was a pure science break through in the mid 90's.. and was pretty much just a theory when it was first reported

this review came from Cal Berkley circa 1994

We present strong experimental evidence suggesting that we have synthesized the β-C3N4 phase. This is a material predicted by theory to have bulk moduli comparable to diamond. Thin films containing small crystals were deposited on Si and Ge wafers by rf diode sputtering of a pure graphite target with pure N2. The crystal structure of these phases was investigated using x-ray and electron-beam diffractometry as well as transmission electron microscopy. Our results indicate that the β-C3N4 particles with typical dimensions of ∼0.5 μm are embedded in a 1-μm-thick layer of a C-N polymer. These particles are believed to crystallize preferentially on Si (100) wafers.

And this subsequent article

In subsequent years, several groups claimed to have synthesized this form of carbon nitride, known as [beta]-[C.sub.3][N.sub.4]. Unfortunately, they had spoken too soon. Today, there's "general agreement that no one has really made it yet," says Robert C. DeVries, an independent consultant from Burnt Hills, N.Y., who retired from General Electric Research Laboratories.

"I don't think we had a clue at the time that it would be so difficult," says Yip-Wah Chung of Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill., one of the materials scientists who attempted the synthesis. "Trying to beat diamond--it was like being able to travel faster than the speed of light. There was this mystique that it would be great to overcome that physical barrier.

"Now," he continues, "people are more realistic, but we are also seeing all these spin-off ideas and applications that we didn't think about before."

And today we have these on not only our genuine.. but reps as well

And some of the scientist that broke the ion~polymer barriers from Cal. Berkley Labs

Amy Y Liu

I.C. Wu

Kin Man Wu

All from China.. I found humor in this fact.. and remembering a genuine Brand stating that the best coatings came from China..

What was equated to "traveling at the speed of light".. we are wearing today.. :1a:

Thank you ALL..

it should be noted that the Carbon Nitrate is 60% that of a diamond in protective hardness.. whereas SS is 3%.. so although the Carbon Nitrate is tougher, it is "scratch resistant" and not totally scratch proof.

The coating will scratch if it is given enough resistance from another object..but my Skyland BS has held up well when banged around ... B)

For a CONUS purchase, is any dealer recommended over the others?

I live in Hawaii John, and have used Perfect Clones for years without hassle.. and Joshua is sending me replacement bezel screws for my Skyland BS.. it's good to have a dealer that can source parts easily.. you will need them down the road for sure.. I do not go for bargin prices.. if it were a gen then I would... but with this hobby you may need a part .. hopefully you will not.. but I have benefited from this issue.. imo it is essential in this hobby.. and Josh's after purchase service is impeccable.. communication is a very fast turn around..

Trusty can do the same.. those are basically the 2 I have gone to in the past 3 years..

Lani ma man....

as allways when I see your name in the topic, I go down in the kitchen to get myself a cappuccino, sit down, relax and enjoy a great read in this morning hours :D

Thx for a detailed review with nice pics and answers to all those Q´s that might come to my mind. Allthough I do have the SBS allready, I am concidering this bigger brotha from da same motha as well.

Just a last question regarding strapping....is this SABS 24mm? Need to know if I have to contact Aaron for a nice handjob :p (bloody european humor).

Best regards mate and have a good start in 2010.....

Theo

P.S.: Do you know any release dates of the PloProf?

Mahalo again guy's !!

the lug is 24mm.. I have my HK black and red that has been waiting for a year now.. I'll try and get it on for pics tomorrow..

no word yet on any new releases.. I'll be sure to get up my next acquisition when ever I get another itch.. :lol:

I'll just say that the nest few months will be fun :thumbsupsmileyanim:

next month or the following for your inquiry :victory:

AC/Lani

It looks pretty good to me but it does indeed look smaller, the Breitling logo looks a bit squashed compared to the genuine picture. Maybe its just the angle of the photos.

If your referring to the G next to the DW it is in fact the ngle and lens.. it's spaced correctly

Hey Lani -

geeez - just playing catchup on posts on the forum...amazing review of a beauty...and love the detail you provided on the coating!...well done, as always...

question: the Skyland BS had bezel screws that notoriously were prone to fall out...many of us, removed them and glued them back in...do you have a sense for the bezel screws on the SABS?...

when time permits, my friend, can you do a side-by-side pictorial of the Skyland BS and the SABS?...would be cool to see them side-by-side from all angles...and wristies, of course...

thanks...kudos!......

R-

Hey Lani -

geeez - just playing catchup on posts on the forum...amazing review of a beauty...and love the detail you provided on the coating!...well done, as always...

question: the Skyland BS had bezel screws that notoriously were prone to fall out...many of us, removed them and glued them back in...do you have a sense for the bezel screws on the SABS?...

when time permits, my friend, can you do a side-by-side pictorial of the Skyland BS and the SABS?...would be cool to see them side-by-side from all angles...and wristies, of course...

thanks...kudos!......

R-

only time will tell .. I'd like to re-glue the screws using something like "Gorilla epoxy".. we'll see..

Ok on the pictorial of the Skyland BS and the SABS R..

I'll try and get around to it this week..

AC/Lani