When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do people think about the new Sub 'Taiwan case'?

metaljesus

Hi folks,

Sorry if there is another way of describing this case, I've done some searching and nothing comes up on the forum for 'Taiwan Case'. Apparently its new. Comes in Asian and ETA 2836.

What do people think? Looks pretty good to me but im a newbie, wondering what the pros think ;)

ROLEX-562.jpg

ROLEX-562-5.jpg

ROLEX-562-6.jpg

ROLEX-562-7.jpg

ROLEX-562-8.jpg

ROLEX-562-11.jpg

-mj

The good is, it is slightly larger case and looks and feels more substantial than the Noob case. The bad is the crown guards are way too big. Fixing them would be my first priority. Even after shaving them down on the inside they are still a little large though.

Isn't this the WM9 version 1?

Those pictures are terrible so it's difficult to say, really.

Where do the factories find these photographers... how can you even shoot garbage pics like that?

Here is my photo of this same watch... if it's the same watch? That flat "S" looks familiar anyway. Double click for full size.

I have reviewed this watch in my section. It's very good Sub.

Okay cool, thanks for everyones help. I assumed it was new because i couldnt find anything on here about it and King has it listed as 'new'.

highoeyazmuhudee, its a cheapie, King is selling this for $240. Dont know if this is Asian or ETA.

I assume other dealers have this but havnt looked.

Edited by metaljesus

Isn't this the WM9 version 1?

Those pictures are terrible so it's difficult to say, really.

Where do the factories find these photographers... how can you even shoot garbage pics like that?

Here is my photo of this same watch... if it's the same watch? That flat "S" looks familiar anyway. Double click for full size.

I have reviewed this watch in my section. It's very good Sub.

At least the pearl is different and may be the 5 min markers too. Is it the same ?

93520 bracelet or is it me not seing correctly ?

I'm seeing that also. The bracelet isn't that good- coronet on the clasp sucks.

Dial is a flat S dial like WM9v1. Case could be a TWBest- the differences between a WM9 and TWB aren't much- esp. if it has the newer gen like bezel assembly. WM9 is in Taiwan, I thought.

Crown guards could use a trim and a better pearl would be in order.

I would think for $240 you would get an asian movt, but the watch could look pretty good w/ a few mods.

• 2 months later...

I have to say I purchased this case set. the crown tube is like the noobmariner AS IS the bezel assembly. after removing the bezel ring it was constructed like a noobmariner with the teeth forged out of the bottom of the bezel ring and 3 points of click around the case base. Which means NO 1:1 gen construction. UNLESS wm9v1 is like this, this ISNT wm9V1, its a super noob, and severly screws up my modding plans.

That sucks. :(

It was impossible to say from those crap pictures. It's weird that they sell "combinations" of different reps... I haven't seen that flat S on any other rep than WM9 v1 before. You learn something new every day. :bangin:

PS: For any modern Rolex, I wouldn't even consider anyone else than bklm1234.

YUP. defntly HAS the 'Z'ubmariner printing in the flesh and the fat crown guards, and the solid link bracelet. that's where the similarities with wm9V1 end. wont accept gen crown, wont accept gen crystal, insert or bezel ring, or even a retaining ring, tried parts from MBK also. NOTHING. IT IS A "SUPER NOOB" -Noob in construction, "SUPER" as the rehaut is good, the laser etched crown isnt as bad and the date mag is perfect and it's a proper thickness case with a nice feel. too bad it TRULY ISNT 1:1.

CAVEAT