When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK Custom Charges

suitusir

Hi there

I have bought some stuff off Ken, no probs there Ken's a real pro however I have an issue with customs. I have just checked today and it is saying I will be charged. On the parcelforce website it is "AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES". OK I know this happens but this is a pair of replica jeans and 6 Raphl Lauren polo tops. How do I stand if they want me to pay, will they question it being counterfeit and are they able to destroy the goods or do I play it cool and jus behave like they are original and pay the charge.

I think what I am trying to say is legally could I get in trouble, if so if I just deny I know anything about them and walk away from it would I get away with it. Never had any probs in the past with stuff from the far east(watches Etc) so not sure how to play this out.

As always help/advice muchly appreciated. I have mailed Ken but thought I would ask on the board for help in case this has happened before.

Regards

Suitusir

Thanks for your responses guys. I have been reading up when other people have been hit when buying all sorts of things and people say you have to pay VAT and then the sneaky parcelforce charge. If I do, how do they work out the value of the goods so they can charge you accordingly.

Not used to this, I get the customs issues everytime but it jus gets released oh well, I will keep u informed how I get on.

cheers

Suitusir

Phone Parcelforce and they'll likely have a figure for you to stump up via credit card or they will give you a number for HMRC and they will give you a price and a reference to go back to Parcelforce with. It's a right [censored] game, you've just been unlucky. I've had loads come through without a hitch, but a couple have given me grief.

A message of "AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES", does not necessarily mean you will incur a charge. If it says "RELEASED WITH CHARGES" next, then you 100% will......

It depends on the next message, it could easily just say "RELEASED FROM CUSTOMS", and then all is well with the world again :D

Oh yes you will. You will get charged import duty on the declared value of the item(s) and good old Parcelforce's "admin" charge of about

OK bit of an update, this has just updated on parcelforce website.

Date Time Location Tracking Event

30-06-2009 13:37 International Hub En route to delivery depot

30-06-2009 13:30 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange

28-06-2009 19:25 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

28-06-2009 19:25 International Hub Arrived in destination country

24-06-2009 10:08 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

Sooooooooooo you think I may have got away with it or will I be charged somewhere down the line?

REgards

Suitu

Yeah come to the conclusion just been unlucky, this is the game we play i guess. See how tmoz pans out then I will ring and see what the damage is. Anyways we live in hope they release it you never know ;)

Thanks again for imput guys

Suitu

Don't bother calling, then it looks like it's a valuable package!

OK bit of an update, this has just updated on parcelforce website.

Date Time Location Tracking Event

30-06-2009 13:37 International Hub En route to delivery depot

30-06-2009 13:30 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange

28-06-2009 19:25 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

28-06-2009 19:25 International Hub Arrived in destination country

24-06-2009 10:08 Delivery Agent - CHINA Collected from customer

Seen this many a time. I had one stuck like this for 5 days, and thought I was in for a bill but never got one. I reckon you're good to go! Charges are unlikely now, I would have thought.