When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

4th gen 42.5mm PO

ubiquitous

Just arrived today; unwrapped the plastic and had a bitch of a time resizing the bracelet thanks to the flimsy link pins :wounded1:

Aside from that, I'm quite pleased with the new acquisition; of course, it needs some mods (that pearl has me twitching a little bit), but I think it will be a nice basis for a project.

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

:bangin:

IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4390.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

Family lineage

IMG_4419.jpg

So, did I land a 4th gen? He valve looks to be in the right place, and the bezel teeth look notched (not scalloped)... But since I'm largely unfamiliar with these otherwise, that's about all I know to look for...

:)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest avitt

Nce pickup, Ubi! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've had three of these, and have aborted each project. Ultimately, it's been the pearl that I couldn't get past. After trying everything out there, I came to realization that the only solution was to fabricate one from a stainless steel screw...And I just never got it done.

So I'll be watching closely to see how you crack that nut...

Yeah the pearl and lack of 2x AR are the "serious" issues.

Wonder how the "inside clasp bar" (or whatever you call that) is on your watch Ubi? Mine was really cheap... you were able to bend it with your fingers... the metal was some real low quality junk. I didn't even realize it when I received the watch but accidentally bent it later. But I heard they got better eventually. There was also an annoying gap between the SEL and first bracelet link.

Thanks, gang :)

Well... I'm not sure which items I'll be tackling first, but I do suspect that the pearl issue will be one of the big ones that I'll want to address :lol:

Hmmm... Which clasp bar are you talking about BT? I'll photo the inner details of it... But everything looks nice and solid on visual inspection :)

Guest avitt
There was also an annoying gap between the SEL and first bracelet link.

The gen actually has a concave recess in the SEL, which allows the first link to mount tighter, and eliminates the gap. This shape is not present on the rep, which is why the gap is there.

I actually think I just figured out a cheap, low tech way of fixing the pearl. I've got a solution in place now- Too early to call it a victory, but maybe tomorrow I'll have more definitive answers. I'll post some pics too! Cause it looks pretty damn good so far!