When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What mods need to be done to LH 111H?

trueimage

And how long does it take to get one to someone like rex to get the modding process going?

Or should I build something else?

i.e.

fu caseset

t-48 crown?

v cg? or lh cg?

lh dial and hands

swiss movement? how good is lh movement? I don't think you can buy it alone

isn't that less than the LH 111? and more accurate? obviously have to pay rex or someone to put it all together, i can't do it.

And how long does it take to get one to someone like rex to get the modding process going?

Or should I build something else?

i.e.

fu caseset

t-48 crown?

v cg? or lh cg?

lh dial and hands

swiss movement? how good is lh movement? I don't think you can buy it alone

isn't that less than the LH 111? and more accurate? obviously have to pay rex or someone to put it all together, i can't do it.

A Little Hero 111 shouldn't require further modification, unless you are unhappy with the lume that has been applied, then you may want to send to Vac for more accurate lume.

As for your list, it will take you a while to gather all the above and may end up costing as much or more than the LH assembled - depending on what he's charging now. There are other avenues, such as getting a good base and sending to the circuit Rex(service and mods)->Vac(Lume)->Chief(AR)

Far be it for me to disagree but as someone who owned a LH with T crown, V CG, Rex Lume and movement regulation, I must cite the following. The LH lume is weak, the hands he uses are rather crappy (Rex prefers to swap them with a more sturdy set of hands and relume them), The crown is ok, but a T crown is much better, the Crown guard looks fabulous but everyone says it is very floppy when open so that will need a mod as well, the most important mod with the LH's is movement regulation as Rex has seen a number of the LH movements that run in a very very dodgy manner.

So even a brand new Beautiful LH will need some mods. Your best bet is to find one pre owned with all the last best mods.

The first thing you my want to do is PM Rex and ask him if he has one for sale. I have it on pretty good authority that he does and it has every possible mod and may have some genuine parts on it

I've owned a little hero watch, and I must say, the best parts are the dial and CG. I would recommend just buying those. The movement, while nice, is still easy to spot that it's a rep simply buy turning the watch over. So save the cash on the movement and just go with the CG and Dial.

Edited by milesd

I've owned a little hero watch, and I must say, the best parts are the dial and CG. I would recommend just buying those. The movement, while nice, is still easy to spot that it's a rep simply buy turning the watch over. So save the cash on the movement and just go with the CG and Dial.

Totally agree with your last sentence. Excellent advice!

Forget the LH movement if you can, although it is cosmetically nicer, it's the same Asian 6497 we see in all the reps, it is not superior in any way.

I see you have been a member of RWG for a couple of years, and I would suggest that you support the modders from our own forum, that being our own Vaccum.

Vaccum has been around for 5 years, he is the only modder I recommend, and is well respected here and supports our membership. It is always better to keep it in house and support each other.

Couldn't disagree more with the comments above. This isn't some sort of civil war. I would like to see more of a coming together of both terrific sites. I have been fortunate to have Vac, Rex and Flav do beautiful work for me. You have received plenty of nice recommendations as deserved on RG and have done work for a number of Geeks. I see you great modders as doctors, you have to have a level of trust and comfort level with that person as well as of course a level of respect for the work. And as I said i have it on very good authority that Rex may have a fully modded LH with Gen parts in stock. I think we are lucky to have a number of terrific artistic modders between the two sites

Couldn't disagree more with the comments above. This isn't some sort of civil war. I would like to see more of a coming together of both terrific sites. I have been fortunate to have Vac, Rex and Flav do beautiful work for me. You have received plenty of nice recommendations as deserved on RG and have done work for a number of Geeks. I see you great modders as doctors, you have to have a level of trust and comfort level with that person as well as of course a level of respect for the work. And as I said i have it on very good authority that Rex may have a fully modded LH with Gen parts in stock. I think we are lucky to have a number of terrific artistic modders between the two sites

I think you misunderstood other's comments and will find that we are pretty much in agreement with you. No reason to get defensive as far as I can see.

Just sent my LH111i to Rex for his AR treatment. That's the only thing I was not very happy with...everything else is amazing. However, Rex did mention the lack of quality in the LH movement. Oh well, unless someone has a spare 111i gen movement laying around I'm going to stick with it :).

Here are some quick pictures of the LH111i before the new AR...I'll post new pictures when I receive the watch back from Rex:

IMG_5245.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

This is why I'm having the AR redone :)

IMG_5247.jpg

Here is a movement shot

IMG_5203.jpg

Couldn't disagree more with the comments above. This isn't some sort of civil war.

Civil war? Where did that come from...a bit over the top I think.

We owe it to the members here to inform them and encourage them to support their own, be it knowledge from members, modders, dealers, or whatever.

You do the exact same thing on RG, but you find it offensive that we would do the same here? Double standard...

Vaccum is a founding member of RWG as well as the original RWG, he's been around for 5 years and we owe it to him to lend him our support and suggest that members consider his services, the same as he offers his expertise here to our membership.

I fail to see how you intepret that in a negative way.

I may be a moron (my wife certainly has mentioned it under her breath :(), but why would you buy a LH @ $1,200, Vaclume @ ~$120 and ad AR removal (don't know the cost) + wait time when there are a good deal of gen 111i for ~$3,400?

Just eat ramen noodles for 60o days and your in "gen city"

Yes I definately guarantee Z and Vac's work..just plain professional.. an asset to all replica owners,

not just to RWG.

Also very nice to deal with..perfect communication.

I didn't really understand all the fuss about LH's AR crystal(quote unquote BLUE BLUE hue)

until I was fortunate to get the direct source where he gets his pre-modded watches.

3 cases in my hand at the moment, and I can definately guarantee these crystals have

ugly blue AR..

I really like LH's work and recommend the fantastic work(I even have one), but the crystal just has to be reworked in

some way.

Just my 2 cents.

For an all in one no fuss package which still costs less than half as much as a Gen, LH watches are great. Particularly if you have his latest version.

His lume (daylight, not lit) doesn't quite look the right color but Vac can fix that. The outside AR simply needs to be stripped also.

$1200+$120 is pushing it, $800 is MUCH more reasonable IMO, but just because Gen's are available for $3400, doesn't mean the buyer has the extra $2100.

I hope to buy a LH PAM, but it wont be a 111 or 112, it will be a 219. Reason being that he's the only one to have a 'correct' movement available.

And IMO, The Zigmeister does the best work. I've owned enough pieces which have passed through his hands to say so. Vac's work is stunning also (love my BP)

Edited by elisiX