When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebel 1911 Tekton Chronograph

By-Tor

Well this is a pricey one with an inhouse complication movement... and of course will never be repped properly. But what do you think about the design?

Is the bezel too much "AP like"... and does this model have the attractiveness of the traditional Ebel case shape? The dial is busy as hell.

What say the Ebel fans?

94528923.jpg

ebel-1911-tekton-real-madrid1.jpg

I can give you a reliable source in the US who can get it for you 60% off retail price (down to about 3100USD).

I like the first one more and been considering to get the gen. This is the movement that is similarly powered many Breguet chronographs.

Yeah now is the buyer's market for all luxury items. I've seen insanely good prices for many watches lately.

I'm not sure about this... it's very impressive, yes... but maybe too much "AP like"? It would be nice to see this "in the flesh".

Yeah the movement is awesome.

This is the Ti? model "Bayern Munich" (bad pics).

9.990€ in a German online watch shop. :o

$3100 USD sounds like an awesome deal (for the basic model).

cms_100_6_H.jpg

page_8031.jpg

The caseback:

91596872.jpg

The rotor is fantastic. It's an interesting update to a traditional design, but I'm surprised Taka, that you say it's not easy to read. The first pic looks difficult with the all the red lines interfering with the centre seconds, and the density of the dial in the top half.

Dial is a little too busy for me, and what is with the recent trend of partially skeletonizing dials? It messes up the aestitics of a watch. I understand open hearting and of course tourbys, but the way most companies are doing them it just makes the watch hard to read.

3100USD is for the basic model. More search on the net yields more comparable prices. Check out here:

http://www.amazon.com/EBEL-CHRONOGRAPH-WAT...153&sr=8-13

There are other retailers (non online) that sell this watch at 60% off too.

I still think that it's no problem reading from this this watch. The chronograph reading needs some time to get used to it. Running second hand is actually concealed at 9 o clock position.

Wonder if there are 2 different versions. This one has tachymeter numbers on the bezel.

I actually like this one more.

Ebel_Tekton_black.jpg

by-tor - I definitely like this white dial better.

Taka - pm sent.

Edit. Your inbox is full. can you pm me the contact info regard to %60 off in the US.