When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TG V2 Ceramic

lanikai

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have measured it... its 21mm...... Gen is 21mm too. Quite weird.

And I can confirm that the concentration rings are there in the sub dial as I seen the real one in an AD here.

oops... me bad..i just measured my TG V2 too, it really is 21mm... i could have been wrong about Lani saying it is 22mm... :p

And I can confirm that the concentration rings are there in the sub dial as I seen the real one in an AD here.

That's very peculiar indeed, your seeing those rings that are on the V2 on a gen in an AD, because I went to an AD on Sunday afternoon where I tried on the gen and I looked very closely at the subdials and in absolutely excellent lighting conditions I could see no rings on the gen I tried on - none, right enough I AM A BIT BLIND (maybe I should get new glasses) and perhaps the one I tried on was V1 Gen and the one in your local AD is a V2 Gen? Possible I suppose?!

But it seems that I am wrong, totally, and do need new glasses. As this is a Detail from a Jap Watch Site showing the rings clearly on a GEN :

ringsonsubdialsgen.jpg

One small detail that is different (on the gen I tried on - not saying it is on all gens...) as can be seen above....is that that the middle pins on the subdial and main hand holders of the gen are silver(ish) coloured rather than brassy coloured like both V1 and V2, this is similar to the old IWC3717 problem of having dark coloured tipped pins as opposed to the gen's gold hued pins.

These are very minor differences of course which can be ignored, biggest tells are (to me) the poor side engraving on the V1 Rep and the wrong colour crown on the V2, being markedly too dark.

Interestin' stuff, great model this V1 or 2

Edited by Mitton Mar

Thanks guys.

What's with this IWC's fetish of having dispropotionate lug width....compared to the watch size.

so you buy their genuine straps and not other easily available aftermarket straps. Strap options for IWC (Ingenieur, Aquatimer) and AP (AP ROO, ROJ etc) are not copius and easy to find... so the owners of genuines may go for the watch company for extra strap options... and make them more money.

Edited by Chronus

very nice! i got mine as well today. the only thing i don't like is that the hands are loose when you're adjusting the time. i guess it has to go to my watchsmith for servicing.

Btw, the lume also needs a lot of work. just as with my TG, the application of the lume on the minute hand fades towards the center of the hand. It looks as if there's a diamond inside.

Another one just touched down. Definitely the version to get. AR as what Lani has said is a little yellowish. Same as that of the recent OmegaPO chrono. Think the crystal is probably from the same factory. AR tint is light blue and not the dark blue on HBBs.

SNC00279_resize.jpg

Wear it well, dude! :)

Last time I saw such responsiveness to a new REP was when the Skyland came out....

You know you need one too, brudder... :p

Brudder, we all want one....I don't need one. Can't afford one right now. ;)

GF coming back for a visit from Sydney in Sept :o . Must get finance in order and hide a few watches as well.

Getting a new watch is not gonna help esp when I have been saying I am too poor to visit her in Australia. LOL.

Probably gonna need your help hide a few. Dont think she knows about the UPO, 029, 250 and slevin. Gonna need your help there mate. ;)

GF coming back for a visit from Sydney in Sept :o . Must get finance in order and hide a few watches as well. :p

Getting a new watch is not gonna help esp when I have been saying I am too poor to visit her in Australia. LOL.

Probably gonna need your help hide a few. Dont think she knows about the UPO, 029, 250 and slevin. Gonna need your help there mate. ;)

Bro....will be happy to hide as many watches as you want :p

GF coming back for a visit from Sydney in Sept :o . Must get finance in order and hide a few watches as well.

You're most welcome to lemme hide 'em mate! :p

so does the black sticker on the back fade away after time?

from things like water perhaps?

That's a good question. I have never looked at the back (and I have tried on the gen :bangin:) . Is it a sticker on the rep or the gen? I have encountered that with one other watch I can't remember and I ended up spraying a light coat of a sealer to preserve it. The funny thing is that it turned out that the sticker on the gen actually did fade so I had made it less accurate.

so does the black sticker on the back fade away after time?

from things like water perhaps?

or is it covered by "sapphire crystal" like the Cousteau's wood sticker?