When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TG V2 Ceramic

lanikai

another Maker has taken on the Top Gun Ceramic.. and IMO it is improved greatly !!

On first glance the crystal may be a sore thumb .... it does appear that they have used old stock as the AR is a bit yellowed .

not a problem for chieftang though...

iwctgv2001.jpg

the concentric rings have been detailed .. sharper actually.. as has the sub rings on the 12 and 6 .. it morphs more grey in direct lighting..

iwctgv2004.jpg

iwctgv2005.jpg

The pushers are defined better toward the Ti look... improved

iwctgv2006.jpg

The casting for the ceramic case is improved also.. with the TG logo sharper and crisper..

iwctgv2007.jpg

The Maker has the case back as ss.. it is I bleieve ti... it's too dark to be anything else..

iwctgv2009.jpg

The most impoved component that is not a part of the case.. the strap is .. on the V2 not needing anything but wear :D

iwctgv2010.jpg

Totally imporoved in the small details of the Watch.. chiefs AR will do wonders..

thanks for Viewing

A~C

Lani

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the hour markers are "improved" over the past Pilots..

however "improved" may not hold water... it is still the stick on variety but better.. still in need of relume.. but some may choose to leave them alone..

L

:o Well, that throws a spanner in the works. I was on the cusp, and I do mean reaching for the credit card, to get my first rep - a V3 3717. Now, well... back to square one!

Thank you for the great pics Lani.

the hour markers are "improved" over the past Pilots..

however "improved" may not hold water... it is still the stick on variety but better.. still in need of relume.. but some may choose to leave them alone..

L

They look well cut and straight, I have yet to see any crooked ones, but that may change as more peeps post their pictures! ^_^

Should the 3, 6, 9 and 12h markers be as raised as they seem to be? These markers even cast shadow over the dial!

If you are familiar with the genuine dial.. then you will know the genuine markers are elevated in a way as not to be blocky..

this is a rep dial.. the only way to compensate for that fact is a "relume"

what this dial has to offer is a "better" 3.6.9.12 markers than previous reps..

the marcros will also "detail" what the naked eye cannot see...

L

Thanks for this Lankai. I was waiting on your review.

Came across this yesterday on RG though. http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=69587

DSC08943.jpg

DSC08945.jpg

DSC08948.jpg

DSC08949.jpg

DSC08950.jpg

DSC08951.jpg

DSC08952.jpg

DSC08954.jpg

Seems as though what you say is correct, but a direct comparison by Toro shows that the V2 dial print is terrible compared to the V1.

From what I can tell, V1 dial + V2 case/watch + Chief AR + Vaclume will give you an incredible Top Gun. :)

Spoke to Vac about doing an all in one (buy the watch, lume it, send crystal out to chief) and he says its possible. I just gotta choose V1 or V2.

Edited by elisiX

I am not intending to enter a contest of "right ~Wrong"

but for what its worth..

take a look at the review pics from the V1 (which should actually be the V2.. since it was the second V to arrive but the first one the Perfect Clones distributed,.. the first was PVD))

the markers are fat.. the font on the day~date off.. the Ti is to light on the crown and pushers.. I would venture to say the V2 is hands down a better representation..

this is the V1 pics..

iwcceramic004.jpg

iwcceramic008.jpg

iwcceramic013.jpg

this is the link to the First true ceramic replication of the TG.. the first was only PVD.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=92859

but the V1 Ceramic was very problematic from Lume dust to sub hands falling off.. the case back threads were stripped..

the current strap that was released with the V2 ... IMO.. is the best one any maker has produced.. like the genuine it is thick then tapers thinner.. with great balance and it is very soft leather.. behind the nylon.. this is what makes the difference.. the Ceramic is well balanced on the wrist with a good kevlar strap... imo.. B)

L

this pic is imo.. the best representation of the dial.. sub rings are heavier.. concentric circles more evident.. font on the day/date more pronounced... and the beauty of the Ti.

iwctgv2001.jpg

@ Ubi... You come from the land of "NORAD" ... and ... "Skunk Works" ... and the "Academy" .. no wonder you will not wear the logo.. B)

I agree. The V2 (latest version) is the better representation. :)

Just in the pics I posted above, it seems as though the dial text is sharper on the V1.

Looking at it again though, the markers are a little messy on the V1, better on the V2.

V2 overall is the go.

I agree. The V2 (latest version) is the better representation. :)

Just in the pics I posted above, it seems as though the dial text is sharper on the V1.

Looking at it again though, the markers are a little messy on the V1, better on the V2.

V2 overall is the go.

always take into consideration ... "lighting".. that's why its difficult to go "side by side" at times unless the lighting is perfectly the same.. variables in sharpness may occur.. :D

True L.. also, no two reps are always the same im sure. Just because the print was bad on the V2 pictueres by Toro doesn't mean it is on yours.

Actually can you do a rough comparison (just with your own eyes) with your watch (V2) and you old V1 or Toro's pics of his V1.

Just curious to know if its a one off or if the text is in fact poorly printed across the V2 supply. Thanks in advance. :)

Actually can you do a rough comparison (just with your own eyes) with your watch (V2) and you old V1 or Toro's pics of his V1.

Just curious to know if its a one off or if the text is in fact poorly printed across the V2 supply. Thanks in advance. :)

what "jumps" out at me is the V1 is very irregular as uniformity with "all" the numerals.. some 1's like the 11 is thicker individually than the 1 after the 12.. the V2 is more uniformed as far as size and crispness of font... much more uniformed throughout..